Your All-Time Fav/Memorable Bills Plays

It's the off-season, and relatively dead off-season right now at that, with the draft still a couple weeks away and FA basically done as far as the "splashes" go. So to help pass the time in a more productive manner than dropping a useless mock draft your way, I wanted to see what specific plays in our franchise history have resonated/stuck with you--either that you watched happen, or discovered in the archives...and can be either good or bad (hopefully everyone has at least one good one to offer up though?)

Here's a few for the "good" column, in no particular order of importance:

(1) Jim Kelly's QB sneak & end zone dive for the win, 1989 at the Fish with time expiring

(2) Jim Kelly's TD to Lofton after recovering a fumbled shotgun snap, capping a perfect 6/6 opening drive against the Raiders, 1990 AFC Championship

(3) Christie boots it through in OT to complete the greatest comeback of all time, 1993

(4) Don Beebe reversing almost the entire field to chase down & strip Leon Lett of the ball and save a TD in SB XXVII

(5) "The Leap" heard 'round the world, Josh Allen 2018 

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I remember a play in the comeback game where Beebe caught a TD, but had been pushed out of bounds on the play and it wasn't called. 

Sometimes we get to have a break fall our way too--we've had plenty that haven't, so I'll call it even on that one, Houston! :nana:

Just now, BuffaloBillies said:

Fred Smerlas’ blocked kick. Wasn't really the greatest thing ever but I'll never forget it. I can still picture everything about it and where I was. It's kinda creepy how much I remember about that day. 

Exactly what I'm talking about--we all have plays that don't necessarily make the Bleacher Report top 10 of all time or whatever, but they stick out in our memories for some reason. Thanks for that one.

Andre Reed's 4th and 5 catch over the middle in the comeback game, followed by the noise of the crowd when he hit his hat trick

Reich to Reed again MNF against the Rams

Kyle Williams 100% catch rate and rushing TD efficiency 

Fred Jackson posterizing Chris Conte

Marshawn against the Bengals his rookie year made me confident we had a great one

Honorable mentions for more recent plays:

Jerry getting held by Joe Thomas, forcing the fumble, picking it up, and running it for 6 all in one play

Chris Hogan's flying acrobat catch against the Vikings before Watkins' last second TD for the win against the Vikings

Tre White peanut punching the ball out of Humphries' hands to beat Tampa

Josh Allen's bomb to Foster as he was getting crunched

The entire Josh Allen highlight reel in the first Dolphins game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Andre Reed's 4th and 5 catch over the middle in the comeback game, followed by the noise of the crowd when he hit his hat trick

Reich to Reed again MNF against the Rams

Kyle Williams 100% catch rate and rushing TD efficiency 

Fred Jackson posterizing Chris Conte

Marshawn against the Bengals his rookie year made me confident we had a great one

Honorable mentions for more recent plays:

Jerry getting held by Joe Thomas, forcing the fumble, picking it up, and running it for 6 all in one play

Chris Hogan's flying acrobat catch against the Vikings before Watkins' last second TD for the win against the Vikings

Tre White peanut punching the ball out of Humphries' hands to beat Tampa

Josh Allen's bomb to Foster as he was getting crunched

The entire Josh Allen highlight reel in the first Dolphins game

Kyle's pass-catching abilities were underutilized his final season especially. Prolly could've earned more separation throwing his bulk around than KB ever managed <sigh>  

16 minutes ago, poblano said:

A run by Tim Tindale through the  middle of Dolphins defense in playoffs in a record breaking game

Absolutely! Tindale, the "Canadian Flash" had his breakout game of sorts that day--the run you're thinking of is his 44 yarder (as a FB no less) I think? It's at the 16:41 mark here:

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

9 minutes ago, poblano said:

A run by Tim Tindale through the  middle of Dolphins defense in playoffs in a record breaking game

Our last playoff win.. If we only knew then.

Fergy to Frank Lewis closing seconds @ Jets for the win, 1980.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Some immediate one's that come to mind that haven't been mentioned.

-Flutie's naked bootleg for game winning TD against Jaguars.

-Carlton Bailey's pick 6 against the Broncos in AFC Championship game.

-Sam Adams rumbling into end zone on Brady fumble opening day 2003.

-Bruce Smith strip sack of Randell Cunningham

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Blue on Blue said:

Don Beebe chasing down showboating Leon Lett and stripping the ball, preventing a touchdown in a blowout Super Bowl loss, was not only the greatest play in Bills history, but also the quintessential metaphor for the history of the franchise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6gmDtVYdLA

Yeah, that's something to revel in.

"It was a great learning moment for the kids".

I always loved the Ronnie Harmon drop in the Browns playoff game, myself. 

Edited by OJ Tom