If anyone still thinks we drafted the wrong QB

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

not me, Rosen was a disaster under pressure (in college, didn't see his pro games).

i really wanted Mayfield and was hopeful for Darnold, but Allen started growing on me after the senior bowl and the offseason. 

Now  we have the best of the lot.

You think Allen is better than Mayfield?

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Eli ?? No thanks.

Allen is going to make Roethlisberger look like a chump.

..DEAD ON bro....won't discount Eli's two rings......but he's either dead on or dead off, with no "steady Eddie in the middle"...HOF?...nope....Ben's last ring was 2009 and not much thereafter....and I get the impression (strictly opinion) that it's everybody else's fault.....Rosen?......see him throwing six yard outs from his hi-chair and pounding on the tray blaming everybody else for the incompletions....he's the next RG II 1/8......."ME" pressers when it's a "W" and teammates under the bus for every "L".....sure as hell we got the RIGHT JOSH IMO.......

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yep, we just need the team and i think this offseason is going to improve that. Mayfield is great but Allen will be better.

.potentially?...yes?...definitely?....not yet.....Mayfield showed more with a better supporting cast, but Allen did his damnedest to put the club squarely on his shoulders....as McBeane's work in progress continues to provide a significantly better supporting cast, then we can begin comparatives on a more level playing field IMO...stay tuned.......

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm meh on consistency. I think it's too hard to achieve in the NFL. Brady and the Patriots are the exception- the consistent winner. But I throw them out because it's not replicable. So consistency gets you guys like Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Wilson...guys who can perform season after season without a much variation. They're worth a ton because they can get you close to the Super Bowl year in and year out. 

However...they're pretty rare as well. And if you can't have a Hall of Famer behind center, I'll take a guy who's going to have an up and down career but the highs can take you all the way to the top. I think Allen can be that guy who can dominate when everything clicks for him. It won't be every season, probably, but he could have a Newton 2015 or Kaepernick 2013 or Flacco/Foles playoff run to win it all. That's good with me for now anyway.

I think consistency isn't a play to play deal and it's also not fair to any QB to judge them against the Patriots. They're a complete anomaly.

Consistency, for me, means playing 12 above average games a year. That's what the top QB's tend to do. The "franchise" guys can generally be counted on to play above average far more often than not. 

Wild swings would not be a good thing if we're talking about 8 amazing games a year and 8 awful one's.

I would take a Cam Newton like career, but the benchmark Allen is trying to achieve IS Rivers, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Ben. When you take a QB at 7, you're betting that he'll be "that guy." Anything less would be considered a disappointment to some extent. If he's Cam, the disappointment would be very mild. If he's Bortles, MAJOR disappointment.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I don't doubt that he'll be better than those guys, but I worry about the off target pass behind the receiver that leads to a game killing interception and such. His athleticism will create some spectacular plays, but I wish I had a nickel for every tims I've heard a coach or player say that "We just have to be more consistent." Well, it turns out that consistency IS the major difference between champions and everyone else.

Have their been a lot of those even as a rookie?  Your worrying about something that didnt happen much as a rookie frankly the 2 QBs taken in front of Allen had more of those.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/10/2019 at 6:08 AM, Doc Brown said:

I felt we picked the wrong qb and now I'm 50/50.  I still feel like Rosen will have an Eli Manning type career once they get the right pieces around him no matter what team he plays for.  Allen's mobility has impressed me along with his mental makeup.  Nothing has alleviated my accuracy concerns, throwing careless interceptions by playing hero ball, his ability to quickly go through his reads quickly, and his ability to read a defense and make make presnap adjustments.  I think people on this board need to curb their enthusiasm when it comes to Allen.

I will not do this.  I will not curb my enthusiasm.

It just isn’t something I will do.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/10/2019 at 12:44 AM, Da webster guy said:

I'm so embarrassed that I wanted Rosen instead that I call myself a loser everytime I look in the mirror

we all make mistakes.
it is okay now. you are no longer that person . you have learned from it , become humble and grown since then

we forgive you.
and yes. I really like the Kid and delighted it worked out Bills got him. 

On 4/10/2019 at 6:41 AM, Inigo Montoya said:

If he wasn't the only player on the field with game he might not have to play Hero Ball so much. 

When the MLB is in the backfield one second after the ball is snapped, your receivers can't get a release and are dancing with the CB at the line of scrimmage or unable to get any separation down field, and the whole play is blown up before it even has a chance to develop, that is a recipe for Hero Ball.

This year with a solid O-line and some real skill position players on the field to help him, hopefully it won't all be on Allen to make things happen, i.e. Hero Ball.  Let's be real here, Josh Allen was the entire offense last year.  As a rookie.  If Allen didn't do it, it didn't happen.

YEP !
 he played strong and has founded his leadership last year. He was the Offense is s fair statement.
and he got the snot beat out of him on the way  : (

Yes he has work to do , obviously.
But i cannot fathom he won''t be much improved this coming season cognitively and getting the timing dialed in for O line and pass catchers.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Success said:

I will not do this.  I will not curb my enthusiasm.

It just isn’t something I will do.

I sincerely support this message.

we all draw out lines in the sand.

I am a Buffalo Bills Fan

And i am a Josh Allen Fan.

get on the Bus folks. Relax and enjoy the ride.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yep, we just need the team and i think this offseason is going to improve that. Mayfield is great but Allen will be better.

I really like Mayfield’s chances of success right now.  Allen is more gifted in certain ways - arm strength and running ability for sure - but still has some areas where he lags way behind.  Allen rarely gets the ball out when he hits his drop.  Maybe a better supporting cast will help that.  Accuracy is still an issue too often too.  Not on every throw but still on too many. 

It’s early and all of these QBs have a lot of years ahead is them.  Allen has a lot going for him and we don’t know what his ceiling ultimately will be.  Let’s just pump the brakes a little on the sky high expectations and see what happens. 

12 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

You'll find quite a few here who don't think that Newton is a "franchise QB" and would be extremely upset, labeling Allen a bust, if he's first 8 seasons are akin to Newton.

(I think they are insane. I'll take that in a heartbeat)

When Cam had Manhertz and Funchess instead of Olson and Steve Smith, it made a HUGE difference. Like any franchise QB, you can't make the players around you better if they aren't good enough to be 1st on the depth chart.

The Panthers have not been able to replace their talent well around Cam. Fortunately the Bills are moving in the opposite direction, forwards instead of backwards.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I really like Mayfield’s chances of success right now.  Allen is more gifted in certain ways - arm strength and running ability for sure - but still has some areas where he lags way behind.  Allen rarely gets the ball out when he hits his drop.  Maybe a better supporting cast will help that.  Accuracy is still an issue too often too.  Not on every throw but still on too many. 

It’s early and all of these QBs have a lot of years ahead is them.  Allen has a lot going for him and we don’t know what his ceiling ultimately will be.  Let’s just pump the brakes a little on the sky high expectations and see what happens. 

Nah, its more fun drinking the Kool-Aid, ive been pumping the brakes for a long time, im ready to hit the gas now and ride the A-Train !!

Nah, its more fun drinking the Kool-Aid, ive been pumping the brakes for a long time, im ready to hit the gas now and ride the A-Train !!

Well, then enjoy the ride!  Just give the kid his due if he does well, but doesn’t quite get that gold jacket.  And I hope you’re right about him

• Like (+1) 1

Just remember:

"Drinking the Kool-Aid" is an expression commonly used in the United States that refers to a person who believes in a possibly doomed or dangerous idea because of perceived potential high rewards... The phrase derives from the November 1978 Jonestown deaths in Guyana in which over 900 members of the Peoples Temple died by drinking a powdered drink mix laced with cyanide.” ?

17 minutes ago, simpleman said:

Just remember:

"Drinking the Kool-Aid" is an expression commonly used in the United States that refers to a person who believes in a possibly doomed or dangerous idea because of perceived potential high rewards... The phrase derives from the November 1978 Jonestown deaths in Guyana in which over 900 members of the Peoples Temple died by drinking a powdered drink mix laced with cyanide.” ?

Indeed it was not actually kool-aid that they drank