Simms Top 5 WR (draft prospects)

Just now, suorangefan4 said:

You're the one being racist towards white people.

So explain to me why Isabella isn't the top receiver with his insane production and athleticism. Or why a lot of white wide receivers are way underdrafted.

First of all, I'm as white as they come, so you're barking up the wrong tree there. Second of all, who are all of these "a lot of white wide receivers" that are being "way underdrafted"????  The most successful contemporary white WRs are...

• Eric Decker -- was coming off of a devastating injury
  • Wes Welker -- tiny, played in what was considered a gimmicky offense in a conference that doesn't play defense
  • Jordy Nelson -- early 2nd round pick -- far from underdrafted
  • Julian Edelman? -- transitioning from playing QB
  • Chris Hogan? -- dude was a lacrosse player

Curious to know who all of these brilliant white football players are that you're referring to who were so devastatingly insulted in the draft... 

Just now, glazeduck said:

First of all, I'm as white as they come, so you're barking up the wrong tree there. Second of all, who are all of these "a lot of white wide receivers" that are being "way underdrafted"????  The most successful contemporary white WRs are...

• Eric Decker -- was coming off of a devastating injury
  • Wes Welker -- tiny, played in what was considered a gimmicky offense in a conference that doesn't play defense
  • Jordy Nelson -- early 2nd round pick -- far from underdrafted
  • Julian Edelman? -- transitioning from playing QB
  • Chris Hogan? -- dude was a lacrosse player

Curious to know who all of these brilliant white football players are that you're referring to who were so devastatingly insulted in the draft... 

What does you being white have to do with it? A lot of liberals are self-loathing white hating racists. You can be racist against your own skin color. And most far left people like you are just that.

Sounds like you're just making excuses as to why those receivers weren't drafted high. Adam Thielen is another. Yeah I know Mankato University. Great build, good speed, 6.77s 3-cone time. Doesn't get drafted. Quickly becomes one of the best receivers in the league. 

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Mccaffery was a top 5 pick at Rb.  

That's an anomaly. Doesn't happen often.

I remember a ton of people crapping all over the pick too (hell the majority of football fans and analysts were). Now he's one of the top all around backs in the league.

25 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

You're right. Figured I'd give him a little benefit of the doubt, but on rereading his post... there's nothing bordering about it. 

Well, his next post removed all doubt...

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, mannc said:

Well, his next post removed all doubt...

Yeah me pointing out that black people generally like black players way more than white people like white players "removes all doubt". When he says I like Andy Isabella because he's white that's OK.  Left wing logic.

And when you call white people biased, nazis etc. that doesn't make you racist huh?

You need to look in the mirror because your hatred of white people is deep.

Edited by suorangefan4

1 minute ago, suorangefan4 said:

Yeah me pointing out that black people generally like black players way more than white people like white players "removes all doubt".

But when you call white people biased, nazis etc. that doesn't make you racist huh? Left wing logic. You need to look in the mirror because your hatred of white people is deep.

I think you should exercise your constitutional right to stop posting ignorant garbage .

Just now, mannc said:

I think you should exercise your constitutional right to stop posting ignorant garbage .

I just proved that you're the ignorant one.

Him calling me biased for "fighting for" Andy Isabella because he's white is no problem

Me doing the same thing he did and saying black people generally have a favorite player that's black is racist though

The fact you can't see how ignorant that makes you shows what type of person you are.

3 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I would rather take Isabella in the 3rd, than Hollywood Brown in the 1st or 2nd.

3 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

Easily. Isabella based off tests and production should be the first WR off the board.

With all the other talk on this topic surrounding Isabella. He’s not being looked over because he’s White. He’s being looked over because  he’s listed at 5’9”, 188lbs, and has a short wingspan. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/andy-isabella?id=32194953-4156-2722-bf26-62181351a224

and because UMass plays against Shlubs that are not NFL qualify opponents. 

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Personally, I think there is almost no chance Harry falls to the third, I don't even think its likely he lasts to our #40 pick.  But if by some unforeseen craziness we got Harry in the 3rd I think I would piss myself in excitement.  

I can see the draft falling a lot of ways right now for the Bills, so hard to say which.  One thing I am confident though, is that one of our first 3 picks will be a weapon for Josh.  That could be TE or WR...or both.  

Personally, it wont shock me to see them take DK or even TJ at 9.  But lets say they went DT/OL/EDGE at 9, then I think they will trade up back into the first to land someone like Harry or maybe Hockenson/Fant.  

I don't try and focus on mocks or popular opinion, I try and focus on what I know of the GM.  Like last year when everyone said I was crazy when I kept saying only 2 QB's were going top 5 and that neither Giants or Broncos would take a QB.  I wasn't saying they should not (I thought they absolutely should have gone QB), but I didn't believe they would based on the information we had about them.  

And what I know of Beane right now is that all indications is that he wants to get Josh an impact player on offense.  We got some nice complimentary pieces, but I dont think even the most optimist person can look at our WR group and TE group and confidently say there is that type of guy on this team right now.  That could be in the form of a TE or a WR like I said (or both) and I fully expect Beane to be aggressive in rounds 1 through 3 in this regard.

I just don't know how you can say that with any confidence.  This is one of the best WR classes of the last decade.  There are several guys in this group that have the potential to be top 10 WR's in the NFL.  Its a very deep class too.

Well I didn't think the Giants or the Broncos were picking a Quarterback either. 

I think what we know of Beane is he is committed to building this for the long term. If he feels like an impact receiver or tight end is there that makes sense he will take him but I don't see him forcing it. 

Where I agree with you on this receiver class is that I think it is deep. I just don't think, as you do, there are potential top end receivers here.... bar DK who definitely has that potential but has a lot to improve on to get there and is a significant risk as high as I think he will go. I think this is a class where you may well end up with 10 good, starting NFL receivers.... but they, in my opinion, will be mainly 2s and 3s. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

What does you being white have to do with it? A lot of liberals are self-loathing white hating racists. You can be racist against your own skin color. And most far left people like you are just that.

Sounds like you're just making excuses as to why those receivers weren't drafted high. Adam Thielen is another. Yeah I know Mankato University. Great build, good speed, 6.77s 3-cone time. Doesn't get drafted. Quickly becomes one of the best receivers in the league. 

I don't think anyone here gives a ***** about your political opinions, and if we did, we wouldn't come to twobillsdrive to hear it. Keep it about football and when you want to say something angry and stupid, take a few breaths and maybe go jogging or something. Your first paragraph here in NO WAY belongs on this site.

And yeah, probably same could be said of Glazeduck, but he's keeping things a bit closer to propriety.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mrags said:

With all the other talk on this topic surrounding Isabella. He’s not being looked over because he’s White. He’s being looked over because  he’s listed at 5’9”, 188lbs, and has a short wingspan. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/andy-isabella?id=32194953-4156-2722-bf26-62181351a224

and because UMass plays against Shlubs that are not NFL qualify opponents. 

To be fair, that still makes him bigger than Hollywood Brown, who some still believe will be the first WR taken in the draft.

And if you focus on just Isabella's games against what most would consider to be good competition (and let's not get it twisted, everyone has cupcakes on their schedules; just not as much as UMass due to their conference), you're left with 13 games, which is perfect because that's roughly how many games a college player generally plays in a season so you can get a gauge of what Isabella's numbers would have been if he only played against solid competition.

In those 13 games, Isabella put up 82 receptions for 1,182 yards and 6 TDs while also adding 130 rushing yards; which would put him right up there with almost all of the other WRs in this class (and this collection of 13 games is probably stronger than most of these guys face in a given year).

The list of opponents is below:

Florida

Boston College x2

Mississippi State x2

South Carolina

Temple

Tennessee

Appalachian State

Florida International x2

South Florida

Georgia

Having said all that, just because he put up good numbers in college doesn't necessarily mean he'll do the same in the NFL, but he has the physical skills to be good, has the production that would suggest he might be good, and other WRs that are just as small or smaller are considered among the best WR prospects in the class as well.