Simms Top 5 WR (draft prospects)

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Oh that? Lol. That’s hilarious that’s what your basing an argument on. Where were some of the losers on that list? Where were other guys that didn’t make that list but are incredible or at least very good now. Guys like Jeffery, Evans, Jackson, Fitzgerald. 

Theres no guarantee that just because he’s big and fast, that he’ll be good in the league. 

Hell, there’s no guarantee that he doesn’t re-injure his neck again after the first hit that he takes in training camp. 

I keep having to say it. I don’t dislike him. His potential isn’t just through the roof. There isn’t a roof with him. He could be the most dominant WR to ever play the game. If the Bills take him, I hope he becomes just that. I just wouldn’t bet on that happening. 

I was only pointing out the correlation. Not saying this is why he'll be successful.  In addition to speed and size,  you still have to be able to know how to play the game of football,  which I believe he does.  I also agree with those who say his skill set matches Allen's. Last couple things I would say that gets talked about,  is that he's a really good kid, with a strong work ethic, who comes from a football family.  

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think it will either. To be honest I am not convinced they will take a receiver in day 1 or day 2 unless someone really falls (like if Harry was there when they pick in the third). 

This wouldn't surprise me, but would also be disappointing... I know "good enough" is never good enough, but I think our defense, as is, really is good enough to keep us competitive...

JA needs weapons. Beasley is a nice add and I like Smokey Brown, but the jury is still very much out on Zay and, while he had an impressive second half to his year, I worry that some of Foster's success was a function of teams: a) making Allen beat them deep; and b) not having much of a scouting report on him/underestimating him as a player.

Another way to say the above: I think adding a defensive piece or two could take us from, say a B+ to maybe an A-... Adding someone like DK and Irv Smith could take our offense from C+/B- to potentially a B+/A- range... I like the larger bump, personally...

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I was only pointing out the correlation. Not saying this is why he'll be successful.  In addition to speed and size,  you still have to be able to know how to play the game of football,  which I believe he does.  I also agree with those who say his skill set matches Allen's. Last couple things I would say that gets talked about,  is that he's a really good kid, with a strong work ethic, who comes from a football family.  

Coming from a football family means the most to me when it comes to Metcalf. He has the pedigree and it shouldn’t be forgotten. I still worry about his injury issues. His lack of production. His lack of any sort of route tree. 

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Based on big 12 defenses ?     

Yikes 

Based on production and skill.

So based off your comment you would've hated drafting Khalil Mack because he dominated the MAC? You wouldn't like Andrew Luck cuz he dominated the great Pac-10? I could care less what conference you play in.

15 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

So based off your comment you would've hated drafting Khalil Mack because he dominated the MAC? You wouldn't like Andrew Luck cuz he dominated the great Pac-10? I could care less what conference you play in.

166 pounds = pass 

Draft a man 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Except there's statistical precedent here...

Of the top 30 all-time leaders in passing yards, you can argue that 3 QBs have "made it" from the Big 12 (and that's including Sam Bradford).

Of the top 25 all-time leaders in receiving yards, the best pro is... Wes Welker? Michael Crabtree? Roy Williams? Far from a star-studded list.

You can certainly pick out exceptions to the rule, but that doesn't make the rule wrong. The Big 12 doesn't play a lot of defense.

I like Brown as a player, but between his size -- not that he can't win a jump ball -- I'm afraid he's going to get destroyed by NFL safeties, and the play style redundancy for the Bills, I'm hoping we pass on him too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think it will either. To be honest I am not convinced they will take a receiver in day 1 or day 2 unless someone really falls (like if Harry was there when they pick in the third). 

Personally, I think there is almost no chance Harry falls to the third, I don't even think its likely he lasts to our #40 pick.  But if by some unforeseen craziness we got Harry in the 3rd I think I would piss myself in excitement.  

I can see the draft falling a lot of ways right now for the Bills, so hard to say which.  One thing I am confident though, is that one of our first 3 picks will be a weapon for Josh.  That could be TE or WR...or both.  

Personally, it wont shock me to see them take DK or even TJ at 9.  But lets say they went DT/OL/EDGE at 9, then I think they will trade up back into the first to land someone like Harry or maybe Hockenson/Fant.  

I don't try and focus on mocks or popular opinion, I try and focus on what I know of the GM.  Like last year when everyone said I was crazy when I kept saying only 2 QB's were going top 5 and that neither Giants or Broncos would take a QB.  I wasn't saying they should not (I thought they absolutely should have gone QB), but I didn't believe they would based on the information we had about them.  

And what I know of Beane right now is that all indications is that he wants to get Josh an impact player on offense.  We got some nice complimentary pieces, but I dont think even the most optimist person can look at our WR group and TE group and confidently say there is that type of guy on this team right now.  That could be in the form of a TE or a WR like I said (or both) and I fully expect Beane to be aggressive in rounds 1 through 3 in this regard.

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Nobody in this draft.

I just don't know how you can say that with any confidence.  This is one of the best WR classes of the last decade.  There are several guys in this group that have the potential to be top 10 WR's in the NFL.  Its a very deep class too.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

Andy Isabella has near elite athleticism (4.31 forty, 6.95 3-cone)  and production.

He led the nation in receiving yards by a wide margin. He had 15 catches for 219 yards and 2 TDs against Georgia.

White wide receivers always seem to be really underdrafted though. Funny how the the league and analysts never cry about how white positional players always get disrespected.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Andy Isabella has near elite athleticism (4.31 forty, 6.95 3-cone)  and production.

He led the nation in receiving yards by a wide margin. He had 15 catches for 219 yards and 2 TDs against Georgia.

White wide receivers always seem to be really underdrafted though. Funny how the the league and analysts never cry about how white positional players always get disrespected.

I would rather take Isabella in the 3rd, than Hollywood Brown in the 1st or 2nd.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

?Yeah, white people have had it soooooo hard... 

25 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

?Yeah, white people have had it soooooo hard... 

It's funny how white people created football (and pretty much every other sport) just like they create most things... yet they only make up a small percentage of football and basketball yet people still cry there aren't enough black QBs or coaches. No complaints at the lack of white players at every position though.

Isabella is super athletic and productive yet gets put behind black WRs with much worse production and combine numbers.

Weird how there's so many minorities who are millionaires in America thanks to things white people created yet they still act like you. There's far better opportunities here for minorities than there are in Arican countries that's for sure. But go ahead keep on with your hatred of whitey.

Edited by suorangefan4

15 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

It's funny how white people created football (and pretty much every other sport) just like they create most things... yet they only make up a small percentage of football and basketball yet people still cry there aren't enough black QBs or coaches. No complaints at the lack of white players at every position though.

Isabella is super athletic and productive yet gets put behind black WRs with much worse production and combine numbers.

Weird how there's so many minorities who are millionaires in America thanks to things white people created yet they still act like you. There's far better opportunities here for minorities than there are in Arican countries that's for sure. But go ahead keep on with your hatred of whitey.

Boy, someone doesn't bother with subtext, does he? 

Ignoring your ignorance, and flat-out racism, there's faaaaar too much on the line for coaches and GMs to play racial favorites. Andy Isabella being below "black WRs with much worse production and combine numbers" has more to do with his size and lack of competition than it does with his skin color. 

But I'm sure you'd be fighting just as hard for his draft status if he were black...

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

Ignoring your ignorance, bordering on flat-out racism, there's faaaaar too much on the line for coaches and GMs to play racial favorites. Andy Isabella being below "black WRs with much worse production and combine numbers" has more to do with his size and lack of competition than it does with his skin color. 

But I'm sure you'd be fighting just as hard for his draft status if he were black...

Bordering?

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Yes cause the league is such a run heavy league. Fact is he had 53 tackles for loss and 13.5 sacks in 32 games. Per game he avg more tackles for loss than Donald in college and .2 sacks fewer. Oliver is a rare talent, you don’t find linemen, let alone interior linemen that explosive at 280 pounds 

If we do take him I hope your right ! 

But don’t forget Donald played in SEC 

18 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Ignoring your ignorance, bordering on flat-out racism, there's faaaaar too much on the line for coaches and GMs to play racial favorites. Andy Isabella being below "black WRs with much worse production and combine numbers" has more to do with his size and lack of competition than it does with his skin color. 

You're the one being racist towards white people.

People like you blame white people for everything. Because you're a racist.

You saying I'm fighting for Isabella because he's white is funny. No I'm pointing out how he has by far the best numbers of any WR yet he's not even top 5 somehow. So explain to me why he's not.

And you saying a white person is biased towards white players is even more funny and racist. Wanna try something? Let's ask white people who their favorite sports player is, then let's ask black people the same question. You'll find that a lot of white people have a favorite player who's black. The same isn't true the other way around. It's the same way with music. White people listen to a ton of rap. Hardly any black people listen to any rock or any white musicians. But yeah again white people are the racists huh? 

Edited by suorangefan4