Simms Top 5 WR (draft prospects)

8 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

kyle was 6'2 300  oliver is what 10 lbs. lighter? and twice as explosive. he will be in the backfield twice as much. quinen williams? no,  but dt is our no. 1 need....edge being 2nd.

Actually at the combine he was 15lbs lighter. And chances are he bulked up for the combine just like everyone else does for their weigh in. Especially with a position like DT. 

If you look at him, he looks much lighter than Kyle. 

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Hes not going to threaten the outside CB deep with his speed.  NFL corners will run stride for stride with him.  His best work in college was underneath.  The worry is the corners will sit down on those routes.  Now without the physical speed and quickness advantages his route tree will have less room for error.  Makes more a tougher transition.  Not impossible just a concern.  Splitting hairs on these guys for sure.  

I think the thing that makes Harry so enticing is his route running. He seems like he has much more fluidity in his movements and has a much bigger route tree than some of the other WRs. 

7 hours ago, Putin said:

I don’t get all the love for Oliver !

hes undersized for a DT , I think he will get destroyed in a run game , he hasn’t shown anything when it comes to rushing the passer and against a low level competition he was facing, 

So what is it about  him that screams a top 10 pick ?? Potential? 

Yes cause the league is such a run heavy league. Fact is he had 53 tackles for loss and 13.5 sacks in 32 games. Per game he avg more tackles for loss than Donald in college and .2 sacks fewer. Oliver is a rare talent, you don’t find linemen, let alone interior linemen that explosive at 280 pounds 

9 hours ago, White Linen said:

My top 5

1) N'Keal Harry - I think he's the best all around WR in this draft.  His catch radius is outstanding and I think he plays taller than he is but at 6'2", IMO, it's the ideal size for an NFL wide receiver to still be supremely athletic.  

2) Parris Campbell - His speed is one thing, but when he puts his foot in the ground, he accelerates immediately.  So smooth and I see star potential but I believe he'll be playing a long time in the NFL.  I think he's the best route runner in the draft. 

3)  Hakeem Butler - It's easy to just say you like a tall receiver but I think he's more than that.  He can cause problems for a defense in many ways.  I think he's got Randy Moss potential.  

4) DK Metcalf - Sometimes physical tools are just too phenomenal to ignore.  I think he's got the potential to make wow plays but it'll take time for him to be well rounded.  If he's got the work ethic (I don't know) then he could be unreal - if he doesn't I can see him actually struggle at the next level.  I think he's boom or bust more than anyone in the top 5.

5) Deebo Samuel - I think he can play all the positions at WR.  He runs excellent routes and takes great angles.  Doesn't have over the top speed but does very well after the catch.  I really like his frame and I think he'll be a durable tough NFL WR. 

If they can get one of these five without reaching i'd be pretty happy.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

His praise of Paris Campbell is interesting. I haven’t seen him mentioned as a 1st rounder by anyone else. I need to go back and look at him. Any Buckeye fans out there agree with his sentiment?

Alot of it is projection.  He ran maybe 3 routes at Ohio St.  Basically, with how fluid an athlete he is, Simms feels he will easily take to a traditional route tree.  Alot of other draftnicks see him and think Percy Harvin.  Even that comp, if Harvin didn't have those migraines and the hip problem he was on his was to a good career.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Alot of it is projection.  He ran maybe 3 routes at Ohio St.  Basically, with how fluid an athlete he is, Simms feels he will easily take to a traditional route tree.  Alot of other draftnicks see him and think Percy Harvin.  Even that comp, if Harvin didn't have those migraines and the hip problem he was on his was to a good career.

Brown, Foster and Campbell with Beasley in the slot sounds good to me. Beasley would go nuts with all that outside speed, especially now that our pass protection should be vastly improved.

13 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

If were unable to land one of the elite pass rushers,  I would take DK.  Smart money would be...

Ed Oliver

Jawaan Taylor

Or DK

Please no Jonah Williams.  He looked overwhelmed against Clemson. 

Jawan Taylor has some medical concerns as well as weight issue concerns according to Tony Pauline.  I think his stock is lower than what many mock drafters would have you believe.

9 hours ago, mannc said:

I think the drop off from DK to a second round receiver would be a lot greater than from Oliver to a second round DT.  

What DT are we getting in 2nd round?  Simmons and Tillery are going in 1st IMO.  Ed Oliver has been in discussion for years about being #1 overall.  I like DK.  But the DT value is in 1st, WR, TE, RB post 1st

My personal top 5 is:

1. DK Metcalf - Checks basically all of the boxes for me; can be a starter from Day 1 as mainly a vertical threat IMO with the potential to become an elite WR
  2. Deebo Samuel - Isn't the freakish athlete that Metcalf is but he's still strong, explosive, big and good hands, and a great route runner
  3. Stanley Morgan - My favorite potential value play at the position; might be the best route runner in the draft class, nailed every athletic measurement besides 40 time (which is still a decent 4.53), and has good hands as well
  4. N'Keal Harry - I'm still a bit wary of his separation skills and overall explosiveness, but great body control and contested catch ability as well as potentially being a YAC threat. Also love his relative youth and the fact that he was a difference maker at such a young age in college.
  5. Tyre Brady - Like Harry, I'm a bit wary of his separation skills and overall explosiveness, but I think his body control and hands are even better than Harry's. I was tempted to put Brady above Harry, but I think Harry has more YAC potential and Brady will have a red flag from getting into trouble early in his career.

Honorable mentions (not in any particular order): Emanuel Hall, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Kelvin Harmon, Hakeem Butler

39 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

His praise of Paris Campbell is interesting. I haven’t seen him mentioned as a 1st rounder by anyone else. I need to go back and look at him. Any Buckeye fans out there agree with his sentiment?

I think the guys at WalterFootball have been discussing Campbell as a potential late 1st rounder most of the year, but yeah, it's definitely not the consensus.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Ahhh, so thats who took his bike...

image.png.2ecbf407b37bcc4d6707d0272702e355.png

By now you know the name Deebo Samuel, but do you know where it came from?

Turns out, “Deebo” isn’t the real name of South Carolina’s Heisman contender; his actual name is Tyshun. He earned the nickname “Deebo” from the neighborhood bully in the popular movie Friday because he too was the neighborhood bully growing up.

Samuel’s father said in an interview, “As a kid I always took him over to people’s houses, and he always took stuff from people. Everywhere I go, I had to argue with somebody’s parent about him taking stuff from somebody’s kid. Pushing kids down. Being Deebo. Just being a bully.”

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/deebo-samuel-earned-his-nickname-from-friday-bully/

53 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

By now you know the name Deebo Samuel, but do you know where it came from?

Turns out, “Deebo” isn’t the real name of South Carolina’s Heisman contender; his actual name is Tyshun. He earned the nickname “Deebo” from the neighborhood bully in the popular movie Friday because he too was the neighborhood bully growing up.

Samuel’s father said in an interview, “As a kid I always took him over to people’s houses, and he always took stuff from people. Everywhere I go, I had to argue with somebody’s parent about him taking stuff from somebody’s kid. Pushing kids down. Being Deebo. Just being a bully.”

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/deebo-samuel-earned-his-nickname-from-friday-bully/

Haha, I did not know this. That is great..?

13 hours ago, mrags said:

This 

I find it hard to believe Harry isn’t on any of these top 5s. Or even Butler for that matter. 

I guess it all depends on what a team is looking for. But to me, Harry looks like he might be the most complete WR in the early rounds. 

Rags, if so could he drop to the second?

If he does and the Bills didn't take a WR in the first, do you think it is a no brainer to take him here (like some mocks have shown)?

I just know very little about him.

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Rags, if so could he drop to the second?

If he does and the Bills didn't take a WR in the first, do you think it is a no brainer to take him here (like some mocks have shown)?

I just know very little about him.

Most of the so called experts believe that most of these WR will go in the second. I forgot what analyst,  but he predicted as many as 7 in the 2nd.  DK seems to be the only lock,  to go in the 1st.

Edited by Allen2Moulds
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Which of these receivers is most like the best WR in the NFL right now?

DeAndre Hopkins

Great hands, great route runner,  excellent hand fighter who creates a gap and is sneaky fast and has a nasty and aggressive on field demeanor (ala Steve Smith)-

That is the guy I want- who do you think fits the mold?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, foreboding said:

DeAndre Hopkins

Great hands, great route runner,  excellent hand fighter who creates a gap and is sneaky fast and has a nasty and aggressive on field demeanor (ala Steve Smith)-

Nobody in this draft.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

Is o/u in Vegas is 28th pick

30 minutes ago, foreboding said:

DeAndre Hopkins

You're not really going to find that in this year's draft. I think Deebo Samuel might be the closest but he's two inches shorter than DeAndre and doesn't have the wingspan that DeAndre had. I think he's more or less got all of those attributes, but probably not as high-end as Hopkins is in any of them.