Simms Top 5 WR (draft prospects)

My top 5

1) N'Keal Harry - I think he's the best all around WR in this draft.  His catch radius is outstanding and I think he plays taller than he is but at 6'2", IMO, it's the ideal size for an NFL wide receiver to still be supremely athletic.  

2) Parris Campbell - His speed is one thing, but when he puts his foot in the ground, he accelerates immediately.  So smooth and I see star potential but I believe he'll be playing a long time in the NFL.  I think he's the best route runner in the draft. 

3)  Hakeem Butler - It's easy to just say you like a tall receiver but I think he's more than that.  He can cause problems for a defense in many ways.  I think he's got Randy Moss potential.  

4) DK Metcalf - Sometimes physical tools are just too phenomenal to ignore.  I think he's got the potential to make wow plays but it'll take time for him to be well rounded.  If he's got the work ethic (I don't know) then he could be unreal - if he doesn't I can see him actually struggle at the next level.  I think he's boom or bust more than anyone in the top 5.

5) Deebo Samuel - I think he can play all the positions at WR.  He runs excellent routes and takes great angles.  Doesn't have over the top speed but does very well after the catch.  I really like his frame and I think he'll be a durable tough NFL WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, White Linen said:

My top 5

1) N'Keal Harry - I think he's the best all around WR in this draft.  His catch radius is outstanding and I think he plays taller than he is but at 6'2", IMO, it's the ideal size for an NFL wide receiver to still be supremely athletic.  

2) Parris Campbell - His speed is one thing, but when he puts his foot in the ground, he accelerates immediately.  So smooth and I see star potential but I believe he'll be playing a long time in the NFL.  I think he's the best route runner in the draft. 

3)  Hakeem Butler - It's easy to just say you like a tall receiver but I think he's more than that.  He can cause problems for a defense in many ways.  I think he's got Randy Moss potential.  

4) DK Metcalf - Sometimes physical tools are just too phenomenal to ignore.  I think he's got the potential to make wow plays but it'll take time for him to be well rounded.  If he's got the work ethic (I don't know) then he could be unreal - if he doesn't I can see him actually struggle at the next level.  I think he's boom or bust more than anyone in the top 5.

5) Deebo Samuel - I think he can play all the positions at WR.  He runs excellent routes and takes great angles.  Doesn't have over the top speed but does very well after the catch.  I really like his frame and I think he'll be a durable tough NFL WR. 

I like all the players on your list,  and would rank them as such

DK

Hakeem

Harry

Deebo

Parris

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

Great stuff.  Thanks. I’m starting to warm to the idea of taking Metcalf at 9.  I want someone who can put fear in the other team’s defense.  We’ve needed a player like that for a long time.  I know I would hate to see Metcalf on the Jets or the Pats.

I feel the same way after watching that.  But as much as I love DK,  I would love Oliver in the 1st, if we can land a guy like Hakeem Butler in the 2nd. But I would not be upset with DK at all. 

1 minute ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I feel the same way after watching that.  But as much as I love DK,  I would love Oliver in the 1st, if we can land a guy like Hakeem Butler in the 2nd. But I would not be upset with DK at all. 

I think the drop off from DK to a second round receiver would be a lot greater than from Oliver to a second round DT.  

15 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Who would you want in the 2nd?

Depends who’s available, of course.  Lawrence, if he’s there.  Or an edge rusher like Burns or Polite.  Or an interior o-lineman.

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Kinda redundant with brown and foster no ?

I kind of flip flop on roles vs redundancy. If a secondary is built to handle a speed guy and a possession guy, 2 speed guys can create some noteworthy mismatches, for instance 

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

To those who didn't watch.

1. DK Metcalf

2. Parris Campbell 

3. Marquise Brown

4. Deebo Samuel

5. AJ Brown

Thank you. For the OP and others, if you post a video link about “joe blow’s top x whatever” do the courtesy of listing them for those that can’t watch the video please.

Just now, NoSaint said:

I kind of flip flop on roles vs redundancy. If a secondary is built to handle a speed guy and a possession guy, 2 speed guys can create some noteworthy mismatches, for instance 

Foster was undrafted for a reason.  He had a good showing the last half of the year.  Still an elite deep threat with Allen is peanutbutter and jelly.  They just go together.  Brown imo offers more in terms of gadget plays underneath aswell.  I've cooled on Brown some with the Jon Brown signing, but he had some of the best seperation consistently of any wr coming out.  

23 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Sorry any list that doesn’t include Harry is lazy and wrong. Hoping for him or a tightend with our 2nd pick even if it means moving up. 

I like Harry, but the one common question that seems to be coming up a lot,  is that he struggles to separate,  or at least that it's not showing up on film. 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I think the drop off from DK to a second round receiver would be a lot greater than from Oliver to a second round DT.  

I don’t get all the love for Oliver !

hes undersized for a DT , I think he will get destroyed in a run game , he hasn’t shown anything when it comes to rushing the passer and against a low level competition he was facing, 

So what is it about  him that screams a top 10 pick ?? Potential? 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I like Harry, but the one common question that seems to be coming up a lot,  is that he struggles to separate,  or at least that it's not showing up on film. 

Hes not going to threaten the outside CB deep with his speed.  NFL corners will run stride for stride with him.  His best work in college was underneath.  The worry is the corners will sit down on those routes.  Now without the physical speed and quickness advantages his route tree will have less room for error.  Makes more a tougher transition.  Not impossible just a concern.  Splitting hairs on these guys for sure.  

i get the bpa thing ,but i don't want my first pick to be wr.  this could be another year of like the last 25 where we get good on one side of the ball and the other ...our pants are down.  that's gotta be the biggest frustration of being a bills fan forever....excluding only the sb years.

we fix one side and take a dump on the other. if we don't stud up on the dline and edge, we can light the world on fire on offense and finish 8-8....all for nought.

that being said, i go deebo in the 2nd...idk. a big andre reed 2.0 that's gonna give as much as he receives....no fear, sure hands and big gains, movin the chains.

i think we've done very well with the fa's. if we leave a hole(s) on defense, that will be a shame especially since one or two studs could put us at the top. i wish we had 2 picks in the 2nd and 3rd. we'll get to see brandon and his magic beanes in 15 days. gonna be one of the most exciting overall drafts that i can remember.....imo

Edited by billsredneck1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I don’t get all the love for Oliver !

hes undersized for a DT , I think he will get destroyed in a run game , he hasn’t shown anything when it comes to rushing the passer and against a low level competition he was facing, 

So what is it about  him that screams a top 10 pick ?? Potential? 

kyle was 6'2 300  oliver is what 10 lbs. lighter? and twice as explosive. he will be in the backfield twice as much. quinen williams? no,  but dt is our no. 1 need....edge being 2nd.