Daniel Jeremiah - Jonah Williams is someone to watch

Not sure how many people listen to Daniel Jeremiah's podcast, but he dropped the nugget about the Bills "I have heard from a ton of different people, Jonah Williams is someone to watch there."

Just thought I would let people know.

Here is his last mock of 2018:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928661/article/jeremiah-mock-draft-40-browns-pick-baker-mayfield-no-1

Had the Bills trading up for Josh Allen

I really don't like him at 9, however, if Daboll thinks he is the guy, having coached him and seen him first hand, I can't argue with it. If you take him, I think you make the Zach Martin move and plug him at right guard. He's likely an all pro quickly there. I think Williams is the level of guard prospect, but I just don't like it at 9.  

• Like (+1) 10

Dawkins - Spain/Feliciano - Morse - Williams - Nsekhe (possible flip flop the Tackles) with Long backup C/G, Waddle backup T, Feliciano/Spain backup G

Waddle also may not be active on game days as Williams kicks out to tackle if either of those guys goes down.  

Night and Day vs. what we rolled out there a year ago.

• Like (+1) 6

We may all have guys that we prefer, but I don't see how anyone could be mad at drafting arguably the best tackle in all of college football. 

His ceiling is "outstanding offensive tackle" and his floor is "Pro Bowl level guard". 

We could do a lot worse.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If we move back to the teens I’d be fine with it, but not at 9, not after we’ve already done a ton to improve the line, and certainly not if a game changing prospect is on the board (Oliver/Hock).

28 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Dawkins - Spain/Feliciano - Morse - Williams - Nsekhe (possible flip flop the Tackles) with Long backup C/G, Waddle backup T, Feliciano/Spain backup G

Waddle also may not be active on game days as Williams kicks out to tackle if either of those guys goes down.  

Night and Day vs. what we rolled out there a year ago.

I keep seeing people say this.

There are two options for Dawkins: Left Tackle, or Left Guard.  He absolutely cannot play on the right side.

14 minutes ago, TOboy said:

If we move back to the teens I’d be fine with it, but not at 9, not after we’ve already done a ton to improve the line, and certainly not if a game changing prospect is on the board (Oliver/Hock).

In my opinion, many of the moves on the line this offseason are temporary. We do need to draft along both lines and Williams has been a monster versus top level talent in the SEC. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I keep seeing people say this.

There are two options for Dawkins: Left Tackle, or Left Guard.  He absolutely cannot play on the right side.

He has spent a little over 1 1/2 of 2 yrs. At Lt..and he has shown there's no way he can play the rt?  Did he actually play there in reg games?

I’d have to trust that they know what they are doing.  Sure, he is a good prospect, but it doesn’t seem like he is a great prospect.  The line would project as a good C, an old career backup T and 3 guys who should be G.

I should say that in general I am OK with taking a good solid prospect at 9 - doesn’t have to be a swing for the fences guy to make me happy, but I think there have to be equivalent or better prospects available at more important positions than G.

I get that he might be capable of playing T, but do you really need two guys (Dawkins and Williams) that likely should be Gs playing OT?

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Jonah Williams is the guy I’ve been wanting all along, but with all the free agent signings and the depth of this draft at OT, I’m beginning to think Christian Wilkins at #9.

Bleh... He's barely makes my top 5 Tackles for this draft... barely. I really hope we don't grab him at 9

45 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

He has spent a little over 1 1/2 of 2 yrs. At Lt..and he has shown there's no way he can play the rt?  Did he actually play there in reg games?

He couldn't unseat Mills at RT, and we were all expecting that, and I remember him not being very good at RT because he was more awkward on that side.  Maybe I'm blending him at Kuandjio together, though.  Maybe Dawkins isn't horrendous on the right side, but he's better on the left.