Sports Bars in Buffalo/Amherst

Shaw66

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Interesting observation: while Buffalo Catholics seem to gravitate toward fish fry for Lent, here it seems to be pizza. Pizzarias are packed on Fridays during Lent.

Everyone is eating cheese pizza, I assume.

I’ve read that Buffalo is the largest market for Boston’s haddock fishermen.  Not only the restaurants here, but just about every parish and fire hall has a fish fry on Friday nite.

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I’ve read that Buffalo is the largest market for Boston’s haddock fishermen.  Not only the restaurants here, but just about every parish and fire hall has a fish fry on Friday nite.

Cheese or vegetable, yes.

4 hours ago, The Senator said:

That's why we don't have any Long John Silver's here.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

This is heart-warmingly Buffalo. "20 minutes apart?!? That's like a whole other planet!"

Driving into Buffalo from a northern 'burb I always wonder how people get downtown in 20 minutes? Rocket? 

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is heart-warmingly Buffalo. "20 minutes apart?!? That's like a whole other planet!"

Ain’t it the truth?  I grew up in Lancaster but went to a Catholic high scool in Buffalo, so I had friends all over WNY,

I’d tell my ‘rents I was going to a friend’s house in Hamburg, Orchard Park, or worse - East Aurora, and they’d say, “Why the hell are you going way out there?”

They never lived in an area where folks drive 60 miles or more to get to work every day.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Driving into Buffalo from a northern 'burb I always wonder how people get downtown in 20 minutes? Rocket? 

I suppose if you have to take the 190, the 290, or cross the Grand Island bridges, you’te hosed.

I make it from Lancaster to downtown in 15 minutes or less.

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I suppose if you have to take the 190, the 290, or cross the Grand Island bridges, you’te hosed.

I make it from Lancaster to downtown in 15 minutes or less.

I can't even make it to an expressway entrance in under 15 minutes, and I am not in the boonies. ?‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I can't even make it to an expressway entrance in under 15 minutes, and I am not in the boonies. ?‍♀️

I live by Como Park in Lancaster and sometimes I'm lucky to get on the William St. ramp within 15 minutes.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

what if his freind don't roll that way?

And what about Englishmen?

The drunk ladies at the Irishmen were very friendly. And they were not men. As far as I know. 

But sometimes it’s hard to tell.....and who am I to judge? 

15 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Buffalo's version of the "rocket" ..  the subway at UB Main Campus .. if going to a Sabres game .. the only way to head downtown

Santora’s, Amherst Ale House, Brennan’s or Brick House are your best bets in that area.  Those are good to okay depending on what you like.  I can’t stand the Irishman, but I know people who really like it.  I’ve just never had a good experience there.

3 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

You like ranch for wings, rather than bleu cheese - don't you.

Uh oh!!! Now you’ve done it! Them’s fightin’ words! 

....but you’re Spartacus, so this might be a trap......