Sports Bars in Buffalo/Amherst

Shaw66

Just now, White Linen said:

Google machine.  

Looking for some first hand info.  Yelp has plenty of suggestions, but I'd trust someone here more. 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Assuming he’s staying at the Marriot. Or at least in that area. 

Theres now an Anchor Bar on Maple and Sweet Home Rd. 

Are they likely to have the Sox on, and do they care if you hang out for 3 hours nursing a couple of beers?

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Looking for some first hand info.  Yelp has plenty of suggestions, but I'd trust someone here more. 

Are they likely to have the Sox on, and do they care if you hang out for 3 hours nursing a couple of beers?

I’m sure he can nurse a couple beers. I’ve only been to that location once. They’ll probably have it on 

the other option is Buffaloes wild Wings on Niagara Falls Blvd. again, assuming he’ll be saying at the Marriot or near that area, it’ll be about a 5min drive to BWs. Almost guarantee to have the game on. They have like 60tvs throughout the restaurant. Can always ask one of the servers or bartenders to change a channel too. 

But Wild Wings isn’t gonna give you any nice Buffalo feel/food experience. 

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I just can't help someone watch the Red Sox.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

Brennan's Bowery Bar in the Transit town plaza. Solid Buffalo food with good beer and atmosphere. 

Nice place, but it’s not in Transit Town Plaza - it’s in what they call the Clarence Mall, on the other side of Main Street.

45 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I just can't help someone watch the Red Sox.

And if someone asked me a good place to watch the Yankees, I’d send them to Marilla.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Santora’s pizza pub and grill on transit is very nice for that stuff 

There is a santora right by UB near marriott there. I have been a few times while visiting and while i can not guarantee sox on, i can guarantee good food and beers. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I have a friend going to Buffalo for the Frozen Four.  He's looking a sports bar to watch the Red Sox on Friday night. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

OK, Shaw66 - this took considerable searching

(it would be easy if your friend liked the Yankees, but who does?)

The place to go is Murray’s Tavern - 2455 Delaware Ave, North Buffalo - it’s HQ for Red Sox fans in Buffalo...

https://buffalonews.com/2017/05/26/murrays-tavern-is-a-haven-for-red-sox-fans/

(Cash only joint, no credit/debit - they do have an ATM)

Tell them to grab dinner somewhere first - maybe wings or a beef on weck - no food menu at Murray’s.  You can grab a pretty decent beef-on-weck at nearby Kelly’s Korner -2526 Delaware.  Nothing fancy, actually kind of a joint, but cheap, and big.  Again, pretty sure it’s a cash-only joint.

GO RED SOX!!!??

Edited by The Senator

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I have a friend going to Buffalo for the Frozen Four.  He's looking a sports bar to watch the Red Sox on Friday night. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

You have a friend???

I’m jealous. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

You have a friend???

I’m jealous. 

Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

There is a santora right by UB near marriott there. I have been a few times while visiting and while i can not guarantee sox on, i can guarantee good food and beers. 

I was there for home opener weekend last year. Had a few beers with a guy hoping to get updates on the current local scene, where to go drink and eat, etc. Nice guy......who just moved there from Houston the week before. What are the odds? He moved TO Buffalo. 

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend

It seems you are thread lost. Your phone may have an app for that. 

Seriously though, it’s weird moving to a new city in your 50’s.  We usually met people through our kids schools/sports and work or church. Kids are passed that, and I’m not working any more. In a giant city, the people I did meet while working are almost an hour away. It’s a weird deal. But I have my Golden Retriever at my feet!  Man’s best friend! 

Edited by Augie