Your Best Case Scenario for 2019 Draft

Trade with Washington and get the 15th pick and a 46th pick.

15th pick Rashan Gary DT3

40th pick Irv Smith Jr TE

46th pick Dalton Risner OT

Trade the 74th pick and the 112th pick for the 65th pick with Arizona

65th pick Damien Harris RB

131st pick David Sills WR

147th pick Lonnie Johnson CB

158th pick Dru Samia G

181th pick Blake Cashman OLB

225 pick Hunter Renfrow WR

227 pick Wyatt Ray Edge

17 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

Honestly the CBS mock from today was close to perfect for me, but to slightly modify.

Rd1 Q. Williams

Rd2 D. Risner

Rd3 D. Samuel

This would  be a perfect draft. I would add this. 

Rd4 - DE, Maxx Crosby, Easter Michigan 

Rd4 - RB, Miles Saunders, Penn St.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Give your version of the best case scenario for the upcoming draft.  Aim high but be fairly realistic.  Focus on just the first three rounds maximum.  Trade up, trade down, stay put or some combination of all. 

My pie in the sky hope would be for TWO trades down gaining the Bills an extra 2nd/3rd AND a 1st in 2020.

The best case scenario from the mock drafts I have seen (and the trade chart)  is that the Bills get Williams at #9 and then trade all their remaining picks for #17 where they pick Oliver. So Kyle is replaced with Williams and Oliver.

I’d hold onto all our picks through 4 rounds.  So far we have wasted prime draft picks trading up for Zay, Edmunds, Dawkins..

79,  149, 156 for Dawkins- Kareem Hunt,  George Kittle opportunity cost

22, 65 forEdmunds

Calvin Ridley, Billy Price, Darius Leonard...Fred Warner, Sam Hubbard opportunity cost

44, 91 for Zay

Dalvin Cook, nick Chubb,  juju smith shuster, Alvin Kamara, Eddie Jackson, etc opportunity cost

and no ***** that you have benefit of hindsight looking at past drafts.  That’s not the point.  The point is hold on to draft picks,  you have a better shot at finding great players the larger sample size.  My foresight is to hold on to picks, add more this year and next year if possible.  Not to mention draft picks don’t wreck your salary cap.

i urge you Mr Beane, hold on to draft picks.  Look and learn from the bad trades we have made squandering picks

• Like (+1) 1

On April 8, 2019 at 6:14 PM, Logic said:

Bills trade down to 15 and pick up a 2nd round pick.

Bills draft TJ Hockenson at 15, use their two 2nds to trade back into late 1st for a sliding Christian Wilkins. In the 3rd, they select WR Riley Ridley. 

I like your thinking. I say trade #9 to Washington for their #15 and 2nd rd pick (#46). Use #15 and get Metcalf. Move back up in 1st by trading pick acquired from Washington (#46)and our 3rd (#74)for Raiders #27 and grab Jeffery Simmons/Irv Smith.

Edited by the skycap
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/8/2019 at 4:08 PM, CommonCents said:

Trade down to 30 with GB. Get an extra second and third.

Draft Risner, Tillery, Butler, Sanders. 

Trade both 3rds to get back into the second for Butler or Sanders whoever you didn’t get with your second rounders. 

To go from 30th to 9th GB would have to dish out next year’s 1st , and if Bean can get anything this year ever a 4th that would be gravy IMO 

I think the picks, assuming no trades, goes defensive players 1 to 4 and offensive players 5 to 8.

Bosa-Williams-Allen-White-Murray-Taylor-Metcalf-Hockenson

The bad news is that the three feasible offensive players we could take at 9 are gone with maybe Jonah Williams being the only realistic offensive choice remaining at 9.

Good news for fans of Sweat, Oliver, Wilkins and Gary, they are available. Also there are Haskins and Lock, potential trade downs with both Denver/Cincinnati and others.

I would be happy with a trade down to 10, 11 or 15 whilst being able to choose Hockenson. My fear is one of  Giants/Jacksonville/Detroit takes him before pick 9.

NFL.com has a huge gap between the number 1 at the TE (Hock) and RB position (Jacobs) and the rest of the draft class at TE and RB.

On 4/8/2019 at 5:05 PM, BillsfaninSB said:

Give your version of the best case scenario for the upcoming draft.  Aim high but be fairly realistic.  Focus on just the first three rounds maximum.  Trade up, trade down, stay put or some combination of all. 

This

9 Quinnen Williams, IDL Alabama

40 A.J. Brown, WR Mississippi

74 Greg Little, OT Mississippi

112 Wyatt Ray, EDGE Boston College

131 Saivion Smith, CB Alabama

147 Isaac Nauta, TE Georgia

158 Anthony Ratliff-Williams, WR North Carolina

181 Alex Bars, IOL Notre Dame

225 Bryce Love, RB Stanford

228 Ulysees Gilbert III, LB Akron