Your Best Case Scenario for 2019 Draft

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

0. Quinnen Williams falls to 5 (because several QBs are traded up for and taken at the top)

1. Bills trade #9, 2019 3rd rd. pick & 2020 3rd rd. pick for #5 to draft Williams.

1b. Bills trade #40 & one of our 4th rd. picks into the late 20s to draft a big WR (order of preference: DK, Butler, Harry)

3. Trade other 4th rd pick & both 7s to get best available TE (if one of top Hock, Fant, Irv, Sternberger, Dax, Knox, Warring, Oliver or Mack are there); Tytus Howard or Nate Davis if not

5. Best available Edge rusher

6. Elijah Holyfield

I would love Williams. I’m a Bama guy (one kid graduated, another (hopefully) going and two nephews went. He fits the mold of our culture and tenacity. 

He is a rabid, angry individual on the interior and a strong person.  That equals a good fit. 

I am generally in favor of trading down a bit, picking up an extra 2nd and maybe a 3rd. There will still be good edge rushers in the teens and 20s.

I think 2nd round picks are like gold. So I want extra 2nd rounders if possible.

I really want the Bills to draft 2 TE - ideally, Smith/Sternberger/Knox in the 2nd, and Oliver or another in 4th or 5th.

17 days and counting!!!

20 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Best case scenario?

The Bills get Nick Bosa, Ed Oliver, Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, DK Metcalf, Noah Fant, TJ Hockenson, Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen, and N’Keal Harry.

I can get on board with this. Beane's a wizard, he can make it happen!

After FA, I'd say a game changing receiver or RB would help a lot, but as far as the win column goes, we would be best served by a run crushing DT and a DE that could turn our ability to pressure QB's from 20-something to top 5. Get after it without having to rush more than 4 and watch the turnovers go way up along with the wins. If there was another AB out there, he might be my top draft crush, but there isn't.

Edited by GreggTX

15 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

That’s a steal for Green Bay.  Beane should be fired on the spot for making that deal.  

I know we're talking imaginary deal here but it's too soon for the firing comments. 

Firing people comments aren't due till at least September ?

15 hours ago, Pete said:

The Bills trade back to Washington, gain second round pick, Ed Oliver slide to us.  We land Jaylon Ferguson and Irv Smith in second round.  Miles Sanders in 3rd, we trade up and take Dru Sumia, we draft Anthony Johnson, and then concentrate on depth and special teams with remaining picks.  Ansah gets healthy, and signs 1 year prove it deal

i doubt he slides that far but, nate geary on the wgr website had a good realistic trade.  he figures if drew lock is till on the board that cincy will jump the broncos and it's gonna cost them their 2nd. the bills get oliver at no.11.

in the 2nd they get rizner at 40 and irv smith at 42.  wish he went further in the rounds...but,

i think rd. 3 bpa edge   o. ximines?  zach allen?

• Like (+1) 1

Trade down to #15, pick up an extra 2nd Round Pick.

1-#15 TE- TJ Hockenson-Iowa

-If we Trade down, which I think they want to do in the 1st, this is who they go after. The entire off-season has been about getting Allen weapons, Hockenson will be a blocking and receiving addition for the offense, a true 2-for-1 move.

2-#40 Defensive Lineman 

candidates: Jaylon Ferguson, Chase Winovich, Jerry Tillery, Khalen Saunders, 

2-#47 Wide Receiver- JJ Arcega Whiteside, Kelvin Harmon, Hakeem Butler (I think Harry will be fine, I honestly think he’ll be WR2 off the board)

3-#74 Defensive Lineman

-DE if we take DT in round-2, and vice versa. 

4-#112 Offensive Tackle 

-Bobby Evans? I think he’ll go higher than this though so I could see them going after him in the 3rd and taking a 2nd defensive lineman in the 4th.

4-#137 Running Back

Devin Singeltary or Trayveon Williams at this point.

Let's say there is someone the Bills really like at 9 but they manage to convince the Broncos to swap  with them to prevent any other team from jumping into 9 to get a QB.  The Bills upgrade a 4th to a 3rd for their trouble.  The Bills still get their guy at 10 and now have 3 more picks in the top 74.  Among their 5 picks in the first 4 rounds the Bills get a combination of Edge, DT, TE, WR, and RB who can all see playing time this year and offer significant roster upgrades in 2019 and beyond.  It looks like an impact edge player needs to be taken in the top 50. 

Here's one set of combinations I like:

Sweat// Butler// Montgomery// Sternberger or Warring//Saunders or Wren

Edited by JESSEFEFFER