Why do people at NFLN take Cynthia Frelund seriously?

D521646

On NFL network today she predicted the Bills at 6-10 for 2019.  Pats @ 12 wins, Jets @ 8 and Phins @ 4.  So it appears the Bills have not improved at all.  Hard take to understand.

Others of note:

SF:  9 wins

Browns:  10 wins

Not all division in the segment I saw.

• 2 weeks later...

Cynthia saying it makes sense for the Bills to trade up for 2 to get Quinnen Williams..

I dont agree.. keep next years first...

The 49ers might not agree... not enough compensation...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027393/article/2019-nfl-draft-efficient-day-1-trades-3-qb-situations-to-watch

The Bills go after my highest-rated prospect

Buffalo Bills receive:
-- 2019 first-round pick (No. 2 overall)
-- 2019 sixth-round pick (No. 176)

San Francisco 49ers receive:
-- 2019 first-round pick (No. 9)
-- 2019 fifth-round pick (No. 147)
-- 2019 sixth-round pick (No. 181)
-- 2020 first-round pick (valued at approximately pick No. 12)

Oh come on now, all of us!

Mock drafts and speculation/prognostication are all just so much pre-draft fun for all of us.

As soon as the first player gets picked on Thursday nite, everything changes and it gets real.

Can’t wait for Thursday.

(And leave Cynthia Frelund alone!!! ? )

On 4/8/2019 at 3:23 PM, D521646 said:

I ask because I've been watching her now for a good 3 years, and NOTHING she predicts, says, or even comments on is accurate.  1st off, anyone who plays fantasy stay the hell away from any "analytics" advise Frelund gives you, and that's both season fantasy and especially daily fantasy football.  She's total garbage, and her mocks exercises are not even worth the frequency bandwidth of hot air.  Just recently she gives a mock for this years first round of not where she thinks players will go, but which players will have an immediate impact, taking into account what she believes those teams records will be for 2019.  Um.. what?  Why even bother, it's pointless, and zero football knowledge can be gleaned from any of that nonsense, and to watch the guys criticize her without actually criticizing her is laughable, makes me want to puke.  Brooks just literally said that he agreed with Frelund that Haskins could be picked by the Pats at 32 and that (get this) Haskins is Tom Brady 2.0....  Yes he literally just said that!

My point, if not made abundantly clear, is, why is this women on TV talking about football like she's some sage of wisdom every week?  Has anyone ever heard her say anything intelligent when it comes to football fantasy or predictive analytics?  Anything?

Tim-

I need to know why you been watching her for 3 years?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So you don't like it when women talk football?

On 4/12/2019 at 12:59 PM, Just Joshin' said:

On NFL network today she predicted the Bills at 6-10 for 2019.  Pats @ 12 wins, Jets @ 8 and Phins @ 4.  So it appears the Bills have not improved at all.  Hard take to understand.

Others of note:

SF:  9 wins

Browns:  10 wins

Not all division in the segment I saw.

6 wins isn't that far off. So she's not a Bills homer. I think 7 or 8 wins is more likely, but 6 is definitely possible if the injury bug bites. (Knock on wood)

Edited by GreggTX

43 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

They don't care about stats, but they know people read a lot into advanced metrics so they hired the best looking analyst they could find - that's about it.

Well said...

1A14479E-E4DF-4728-9C80-276C91E4F204.jpeg

Edited by The Senator

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

When she comes on with Murph and Steve...John grows a ear to ear grin,almost like he is being aroused.

He's married to Mary Travers....just sayin.

"Why do people take John Murphy seriously"  (fix thread title)

On 4/9/2019 at 2:59 PM, iinii said:

I think you are confusing serious with set dressing.

Or gender quota.

On 4/9/2019 at 2:13 PM, Lurker said:

Why single out Frelund?    IMO, they're all full of $hitt...

I watched that mock, it was silly all of them giving their stupid overhyped intro's.