Why do people at NFLN take Cynthia Frelund seriously?

D521646

5 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

It's hilarious and definitely appears that most of it is just guesswork. For example, in the article about her first-round "impact" mock, it made it sound like she went through thousands of hours of work, but then at the end it admitted that a lot of it is subjective. lol

Why would her mock draft be taken any less seriouly than the 12 dozen (and growing daily) other mock drafts that continue to appear on this board?

Just curious.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, eball said:

That is absolutely, positively, the best possible photograph she could ever hope for.  That is the “I want to stop by Glamour Shots while we’re at the mall” photograph.

It brings to mind the phrase, “she looks good in a certain light.  Of course, you can’t always count on that light.”

Really, eball?  Really?

7E601829-0B34-401C-92A8-E125F0438660.png

0097DE32-5D83-4796-AF9E-76A7A830BBF0.jpeg

I think her game score predictions during the season are generally pretty good. There is plenty of good data that the predictive analytics model for scorelines is based on. The rest of what she does..... well it seems based on very flimsy data.

Because she's got a b*chin hot body that men want to do naughty things to.  yeah she's kinda a butterface.  but that body :w00t:

as far as her analysis and analytics go, meh.  on the occasion that i finish one of her analytics articles i'm usually struck by her narcissism.   The number of first person references she makes is almost on par with the 44th President

Perhaps instead of skewering her, this might be what to expect from "analytics".  Statistics are based on solid samples,. I'm not sure that sports analytics are based on that.  For example: height/weight/speed and of prospects is a (often reviled) form of analytics.  That being, this ht, wt, speed, arm length, bench press number etc, GENERALLY predicts success in the NFL.  Of course there are exceptions to any general statistic.  

Yet when Mike Schoop touts statistics about 4th down conversion rates, he fails to acknowledge differences in team's offense/defense capabilities and, more importantly, ignores that the statistics are biased as only the teams (and scenarios) that coaches feel like they could have success are represented in the success rat s that they cite.

3 hours ago, D521646 said:

I ask because I've been watching her now for a good 3 years, and NOTHING she predicts, says, or even comments on is accurate.  1st off, anyone who plays fantasy stay the hell away from any "analytics" advise Frelund gives you, and that's both season fantasy and especially daily fantasy football.  She's total garbage, and her mocks exercises are not even worth the frequency bandwidth of hot air.  Just recently she gives a mock for this years first round of not where she thinks players will go, but which players will have an immediate impact, taking into account what she believes those teams records will be for 2019.  Um.. what?  Why even bother, it's pointless, and zero football knowledge can be gleaned from any of that nonsense, and to watch the guys criticize her without actually criticizing her is laughable, makes me want to puke.  Brooks just literally said that he agreed with Frelund that Haskins could be picked by the Pats at 32 and that (get this) Haskins is Tom Brady 2.0....  Yes he literally just said that!

My point, if not made abundantly clear, is, why is this women on TV talking about football like she's some sage of wisdom every week?  Has anyone ever heard her say anything intelligent when it comes to football fantasy or predictive analytics?  Anything?

Tim-

I like to look at her.

But you’re right, she’s quite literally never been correct. I’m not entirely sure what she actually does.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Maybe he is more of a Beth Mowins type of guy. 

That’s actually pretty funny.  Touché.  But seriously, she’s not my type and I don’t find her particularly attractive.  To each his own.

45 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Why would her mock draft be taken any less seriouly than the 12 dozen (and growing daily) other mock drafts that continue to appear on this board?

Just curious.

Because she claims to have extremely complicated models, but then she gets to change whatever she wants to make it as interesting as possible and then throw in a subjectivity disclaimer. ?

It's very convenient.

Edited by The Bills Blog
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Because she claims to have extremely complicated models, but then she gets to change whatever she wants to make it as interesting as possible and then throw in a subjectivity disclaimer. ?

It's very convenient.

Should any mock draft be taken seriously?

Aren’t they all nothing but exercises in fun and guesswork, especially the ones that anticipate all sorts of trades based on nothing, and not even knowing which players will be on or off the board?

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, D521646 said:

I ask because I've been watching her now for a good 3 years, and NOTHING she predicts, says, or even comments on is accurate.  1st off, anyone who plays fantasy stay the hell away from any "analytics" advise Frelund gives you, and that's both season fantasy and especially daily fantasy football.  She's total garbage, and her mocks exercises are not even worth the frequency bandwidth of hot air.  Just recently she gives a mock for this years first round of not where she thinks players will go, but which players will have an immediate impact, taking into account what she believes those teams records will be for 2019.  Um.. what?  Why even bother, it's pointless, and zero football knowledge can be gleaned from any of that nonsense, and to watch the guys criticize her without actually criticizing her is laughable, makes me want to puke.  Brooks just literally said that he agreed with Frelund that Haskins could be picked by the Pats at 32 and that (get this) Haskins is Tom Brady 2.0....  Yes he literally just said that!

My point, if not made abundantly clear, is, why is this women on TV talking about football like she's some sage of wisdom every week?  Has anyone ever heard her say anything intelligent when it comes to football fantasy or predictive analytics?  Anything?

Tim-

Yeah - I find her cute in her way, but she is consistently both not profound and generally awful in her projections.  

There has to be someone with better math/analytics skills available.

• Like (+1) 1