Why do people at NFLN take Cynthia Frelund seriously?

D521646

Coming back to this thread, since, well, I started it.  ;)

Some are saying that she's been right about football scores.  Ok, well, let's look at the statistically.  How often is she more right than wrong?  I don't follow that aspect of the games sports analysis, because frankly, no one gets it right, enough to pay attention to them in my opinion.  Some say she's hot, well, yeah, she's certainly not ugly, that's for sure, but so what?  What irks me about her is that she claims to have this great education and background, but in any other position on the planet when someone is that wrong that much, as a business owner you tend to let them go..  Not saying any of the draft mockers are any better, but the difference is that none of them pretend to be, except maybe Kiper, and McShay.  Mocks are fun to take in for those that participate, me, not so much.  I have about as good a chance to predict the Bills selection or the top ten as anyone else on TV.

So, to me, two things bother me.  She pretends to have the inside scoop based on her "sophisticated models", that rarely if ever yield quality predictions, and two, the guys on the show either pretend or outright sit on her every word as if it's gospel...I'm the VP of a very large company, and we've worked really hard over the last 10 years to give women a fair shake in the business world, we treat them like we would treat any other employee, and we don't tip toe around poor performance from ANYONE, male or female.  I just don't understand why she's still employed.  Other than her looks, and to me if that really IS THE ONLY REASON, then shame on the NFLN.  Kay Adams almost always has much better insight and opinions on football, and even when she did fantasy she was better, especially daily fantasy, and she was just wingin it most of the time.  Adams, comes across as genuine, as well, something Frelund does not.  IMO.

Tim-

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Coming back to this thread, since, well, I started it.  ;)

Some are saying that she's been right about football scores.  Ok, well, let's look at the statistically.  How often is she more right than wrong?  I don't follow that aspect of the games sports analysis, because frankly, no one gets it right, enough to pay attention to them in my opinion.  Some say she's hot, well, yeah, she's certainly not ugly, that's for sure, but so what?  What irks me about her is that she claims to have this great education and background, but in any other position on the planet when someone is that wrong that much, as a business owner you tend to let them go..  Not saying any of the draft mockers are any better, but the difference is that none of them pretend to be, except maybe Kiper, and McShay.  Mocks are fun to take in for those that participate, me, not so much.  I have about as good a chance to predict the Bills selection or the top ten as anyone else on TV.

So, to me, two things bother me.  She pretends to have the inside scoop based on her "sophisticated models", that rarely if ever yield quality predictions, and two, the guys on the show either pretend or outright sit on her every word as if it's gospel...I'm the VP of a very large company, and we've worked really hard over the last 10 years to give women a fair shake in the business world, we treat them like we would treat any other employee, and we don't tip toe around poor performance from ANYONE, male or female.  I just don't understand why she's still employed.  Other than her looks, and to me if that really IS THE ONLY REASON, then shame on the NFLN.  Kay Adams almost always has much better insight and opinions on football, and even when she did fantasy she was better, especially daily fantasy, and she was just wingin it most of the time.  Adams, comes across as genuine, as well, something Frelund does not.  IMO.

Tim-

Tim, why don’t you write a very long post questioning why Steve Tasker is still employed?  Just about everything he says on the air is wrong, including players names, numbers, what down it is, etc., you know...really basic stuff that you’d expect any broadcaster to get right.

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 2

Well if you really want to hear her side of the predictive model for her Mock - they are having her on One Bills Live - so people can complain about her and Tasker.

or People can listen and learn that it is not a mock looking at what teams are expected or should pick, but a mock looking at which picks can give the best potential return based on increased won/lost records based on players and needs.

21 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, Senator, I'm sorry....really.

cf-1022x475.jpg

Now come on, eball - anyone that’s in front of the camera as much as her is bound to have a few bad shots.  And that one is not even that bad.

I think she sometimes purposely affects a sort of ‘nerdy’ look, for what reason I’m not sure.  But she could come on air every Sunday looking like a supermodel if she wanted.

For every not-so-great shot you can find, I’ll find a great one...guess we must each dance to our own tune!

66E763C5-4744-4F9C-AC3E-1694809BC789.jpeg

Edited by The Senator

19 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Now come on, eball - anyone that’s in front of the camera as much as her is bound to have a few bad shots.  And that one is not even that bad.

I think she sometimes purposely affects a sort of ‘nerdy’ look, for what reason I’m not sure.  But she could come on air every Sunday looking like a supermodel if she wanted.

For every not-so-great shot you can find, I’ll find a great one...guess we must each dance to our own tune!

makeup and lighting ....  hides the flaws 

When you wake up in the morning you hope to see the same sans makeup  

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

makeup and lighting ....  hides the flaws 

When you wake up in the morning you hope to see the same sans makeup  

I’m sure women feel the same way, Shady.  They’d rather see the handsome, well-groomed, well-dressed guy they had dinner with last evening - not some scruffy, smelly guy with bad breath and mattress-head.

It rarely happens.

28 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Agreed.  And to be fair, I'm not knocking the 'bod...for me she defines the term butterface.  I'm sure she's a lovely woman, and in the right light...  ;)

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Why single out Frelund?    IMO, they're all full of $hitt...

That’s what puzzles me - why does the OP have such a hair across his butt over Cynthia Frelund?

She’s far more intelligent and credentialed than any of the stupid male blowhard pundits,  and defintely much easier on the eyes (and ears).

15 minutes ago, The Senator said:

That’s what puzzles me - why does the OP have such a hair across his butt over Cynthia Frelund?

She’s far more intelligent and credentialed than any of the stupid male blowhard pundits,  and defintely much easier on the eyes (and ears).

My theory:  The OP once had a girlfriend or wife who was dirty blonde and loved sports.  The OP caught said significant other getting banged by his two best friends ON HIS BED.  Now the OP hates all women with dirty blonde hair.

** Disclaimer:  This is only a theory based on nothing by my personal daydreams/fantasies.  In no way am I saying that this actually happened to anyone - specifically the OP. **

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

My theory:  The OP once had a girlfriend or wife who was dirty blonde and loved sports.  The OP caught said significant other getting banged by his two best friends ON HIS BED.  Now the OP hates all women with dirty blonde hair.

** Disclaimer:  This is only a theory based on nothing by my personal daydreams/fantasies.  In no way am I saying that this actually happened to anyone - specifically the OP. **

Naw, nothing like that.. I already answered why specifically I was singling her out, maybe you and the others should read it again for the first time. ;)

That said, the "others", notwithstanding Kay Adams, whom I like, are just regurgitating what they hear.  In other words, I know what to expect from them, and they, most of the time are not pretentious about themselves.

Tim-

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, D521646 said:

Naw, nothing like that.. I already answered why specifically I was singling her out, maybe you and the others should read it again for the first time. ;)

That said, the "others", notwithstanding Kay Adams, whom I like, are just regurgitating what they hear.  In other words, I know what to expect from them, and they, most of the time are not pretentious about themselves.

Tim-

Yeah, Tim, I read every word of all your posts in this thread.

Maybe you could distill your verbosity a bit, like one sentence...

”I don’t like Cynthia Frelund.”

If that was her on OBL, she was smart but a horrible interview. Said "like" about 10,000 times and "right" about 10,000 times. Horrible, had to turn it off. If you can't communicate in a job where, you know, communication is a critical skill, no thanks.