Why do people at NFLN take Cynthia Frelund seriously?

D521646

I ask because I've been watching her now for a good 3 years, and NOTHING she predicts, says, or even comments on is accurate.  1st off, anyone who plays fantasy stay the hell away from any "analytics" advise Frelund gives you, and that's both season fantasy and especially daily fantasy football.  She's total garbage, and her mocks exercises are not even worth the frequency bandwidth of hot air.  Just recently she gives a mock for this years first round of not where she thinks players will go, but which players will have an immediate impact, taking into account what she believes those teams records will be for 2019.  Um.. what?  Why even bother, it's pointless, and zero football knowledge can be gleaned from any of that nonsense, and to watch the guys criticize her without actually criticizing her is laughable, makes me want to puke.  Brooks just literally said that he agreed with Frelund that Haskins could be picked by the Pats at 32 and that (get this) Haskins is Tom Brady 2.0....  Yes he literally just said that!

My point, if not made abundantly clear, is, why is this women on TV talking about football like she's some sage of wisdom every week?  Has anyone ever heard her say anything intelligent when it comes to football fantasy or predictive analytics?  Anything?

Tim-

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pretty sure they'd be roasted in this Me Too era if they dismissed her findings. 

I'm not sold on anything she says, but at least it's a little different than everybody else who simply bring an opinion like you or I. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, D521646 said:

I ask because I've been watching her now for a good 3 years, and NOTHING she predicts, says, or even comments on is accurate.  1st off, anyone who plays fantasy stay the hell away from any "analytics" advise Frelund gives you, and that's both season fantasy and especially daily fantasy football.  She's total garbage, and her mocks exercises are not even worth the frequency bandwidth of hot air.  Just recently she gives a mock for this years first round of not where she thinks players will go, but which players will have an immediate impact, taking into account what she believes those teams records will be for 2019.  Um.. what?  Why even bother, it's pointless, and zero football knowledge can be gleaned from any of that nonsense, and to watch the guys criticize her without actually criticizing her is laughable, makes me want to puke.  Brooks just literally said that he agreed with Frelund that Haskins could be picked by the Pats at 32 and that (get this) Haskins is Tom Brady 2.0....  Yes he literally just said that!

My point, if not made abundantly clear, is, why is this women on TV talking about football like she's some sage of wisdom every week?  Has anyone ever heard her say anything intelligent when it comes to football fantasy or predictive analytics?  Anything?

Tim-

Uh, if she's all that bad why have you been watching her for a good 3 years?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

She's moderately hot?

As in tepid?  That's a no for me.

I, too, find her brand of "analytics" to be a bit lacking.  I randomly happened to catch her first round mock referenced above and my immediate reaction was a combination of "huh?" and "who cares?"  It was one of the most pointless exercises I've seen, and that's coming from a guy who thinks ALL mock drafts are pointless.  Hers took the cake.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

As in tepid?  That's a no for me.

I, too, find her brand of "analytics" to be a bit lacking.  I randomly happened to catch her first round mock referenced above and my immediate reaction was a combination of "huh?" and "who cares?"  It was one of the most pointless exercises I've seen, and that's coming from a guy who thinks ALL mock drafts are pointless.  Hers took the cake.

Cynthia-Frelund-1.jpg

Moderately.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Tim-

I havent ... (never watch) but the folks at Northwestern that granted her a masters in predictive analytics must have seen something they liked 

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Uh, if she's all that bad why have you been watching her for a good 3 years?

33 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Um, because I watch the NFLN, what kind of question is that?

Tim-

Um, if you don't like her, flip from NFL Network to something else when she's on. It's an easy concept. Why torture yourself for multiple years?

It's very gimmicky when they go to her for analytic opinion on something.   I suppose it's their attempt to look at the NFL from that angle and she's assigned to the spreadsheets.  

It's nothing against her personally.  

Ok so this thread is about one person being sick of someone who he claims is always wrong yet continues to host a show.   Add in that its a woman who never played football and that puts it in a whole new dimension.

Like any other journalist today, she does not have to correct, she just has to bring data and an opinion to capture an audience and make the network and sponsors happy.   She must be doing that. 

In todays world of "PC" consciousness, and Me-Too, it is easy for people to get frustrated.  I think if we all just stopped being offended this kind of stuff will blow over. 

She's as qualified as any analytics dude to talk football.  She definitely has some predictions correct.  She also happens to be fantastic looking which helps the mostly male audience at NFLN.  I like here and I like Warren Sharpe- they bring some new information to the table, unlike some of those dopey ex players they trot out there.

• Like (+1) 1

They’re called boobs, Tim.

Actually, besides being very easy on the eyes, she’s quite intelligent.  Bachelors in biology from Boston College, Masters in predictive analysis from Northwestern, also an MBA from Northwestern.  Owns a fitness center, worked as a model and fitness trainer, started her broadcasting career with ESPN back in 2012.

I enjoy watching her.  Her remarks are more insightful than many others, both male and female.

• Like (+1) 3

It's hilarious and definitely appears that most of it is just guesswork. For example, in the article about her first-round "impact" mock, it made it sound like she went through thousands of hours of work, but then at the end it admitted that a lot of it is subjective. lol

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Cynthia-Frelund-1.jpg

Moderately.

That is absolutely, positively, the best possible photograph she could ever hope for.  That is the “I want to stop by Glamour Shots while we’re at the mall” photograph.

It brings to mind the phrase, “she looks good in a certain light.  Of course, you can’t always count on that light.”

• Like (+1) 1