DK Metcalf is following Josh Allen on IG

46 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I think I'm aware, and I'm talking about this board, not the front office.

yeah I'm bad at trying to fully follow conversations and jumping to conclusions based on a single post

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Please tell me what defensive back is jamming DK at the line. 

He's certainly overhyped, but let's not make up stuff.  I'd take him in a split second at 40. 

New England took Harry, who is a way better fit in their possession offense.  If we take DK, I could say the same about us in getting weapons that fit Allen's strengths.

Sherman for one would toss DK on his keister and jamming doesn't require a physically imposing db, you can simply pop him quickly and a veteran DB and back pedal and get into position quick, and again timing is off and recovery isn't DK's strength as indicated by him struggling in the cone drill. 

How does DK fit Allens strength? He can run in one direction and isn't a 50/50 guy. I like Allen but lets be honest he's not the most accurate passer and the Bills already have Brown (who is better than DK) and Foster for deep routes, so again, how does DK fit? The Bills could use a possession guy but they have the kid from the CFL and Jones is still on the team along with Beas. I'm not saying the WR core is set but lets not kid ourselves and act like DK is the perfect system guy for the Bills. 

As for Harry, he does it all, he can go deep and runs all the routes along with the 50/50 catch and is willing to block. Harry can fit in many systems. 

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

This might be the pettiest and saddest thing I've ever seen on the internet. 

Good for you @Yav congrats on getting those props for sort of being right on the order in which wide receivers were taken in the draft. 

giphy.gif

The problem is, people on this board latch on and flame people for being wrong all the time, they copy and paste things in their sigs and love to keep bringing it up. Had Harry not been drafted in the first round those same people would be on here flaming me.

I've been saying all along that Harry would be a first round pick and that DK wouldn't be picked in the first. Yes I also said Harry would be the first WR taken and honestly thought Baltimore was going to be team to select him. They went with a WR just not Harry. I stated multiple times Harry would not be there in the 2nd and he's not. 

11 minutes ago, Yav said:

Sherman for one would toss DK on his keister and jamming doesn't require a physically imposing db, you can simply pop him quickly and a veteran DB and back pedal and get into position quick, and again timing is off and recovery isn't DK's strength as indicated by him struggling in the cone drill. 

How does DK fit Allens strength? He can run in one direction and isn't a 50/50 guy. I like Allen but lets be honest he's not the most accurate passer and the Bills already have Brown (who is better than DK) and Foster for deep routes, so again, how does DK fit? The Bills could use a possession guy but they have the kid from the CFL and Jones is still on the team along with Beas. I'm not saying the WR core is set but lets not kid ourselves and act like DK is the perfect system guy for the Bills. 

As for Harry, he does it all, he can go deep and runs all the routes along with the 50/50 catch and is willing to block. Harry can fit in many systems. 

The cone drill evaluates 90+ degree movements at speed. Recovery is far closer measured by explosion: worth reading.  

"D.K. Metcalf's 10-yard split of his 4.33-second 40-yard dash clocked in at 1.45 seconds. This is the fastest 10-split by any combine runner in my database (starting in 2003). For some context, this is faster than Julio Jones' 1.50 10-yard split and 4.42 second 40-yard dash and they are similar heights: Metcalf checked in at 6-3 3/8 and 228 pounds, while Jones was 6-2 3/4 and 220 pounds."

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Yav said:

The problem is, people on this board latch on and flame people for being wrong all the time, they copy and paste things in their sigs and love to keep bringing it up. Had Harry not been drafted in the first round those same people would be on here flaming me.

I've been saying all along that Harry would be a first round pick and that DK wouldn't be picked in the first. Yes I also said Harry would be the first WR taken and honestly thought Baltimore was going to be team to select him. They went with a WR just not Harry. I stated multiple times Harry would not be there in the 2nd and he's not. 

And just a personal suggestion -- anyone flaming anyone for something this petty, especially when its concerning something as random and unpredictable as the NFL draft should be roundly ignored, not catered to. 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're a younger guy, but just know that I don't know one grown adult who would "flame you" for having an opinion on a college football player, and I certainly don't know one who would come back weeks later to gloat about something so arbitrary and random. 

Just food for thought. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm shocked that so many here are ok with our current WR corps, as is.  

Right! Like don't get me wrong...I'm happy we upgraded... but let's be honest, John Brown & Beasley didn't scare anyone on the Cards, Ravens & Cowboys... it just shows how bad our WR corps was. 

If the Cowboys felt Beasley was a strong enough threat, they wouldn't have gave up their 1st for Cooper.  Can we have a Cooper to go with Beasley??? Why do we always have to settle for the mediocre group?

11 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Frankly I don’t think DK would scare anyone either. He’s a poor route runner, doesn’t high point the ball and has long injury history. I’m a huge Ole Miss fan and I couldn’t believe people were talking about him as a first or second round pick. He’s just a physical specimen which is what a lot of people are enamored with

No he's not...stop listening to the wrong people.

He can run the routes needed for his position... No he's not going to run the Edelman & Beasley routes... but neither can Julio, AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Mike Evan's, Alshon Jeffrey... it's rare you get the big tall guy's that can run routes like Larry Fitz & Thielen. 

But that doesn't mean guy's like Mike Evans can't find a way to be productive in the league... you have more than just Go routes... DK can run the deep post, In, Outs & slants... we don't need him running curl routes smh 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Never thought his production warranted being a first round pick like so many were projecting, but to see him still on the board now is kind of curious.

It might be a work ethic/attitude thing or something, as most teams would normally be thrilled to snag a WR this athletic & with so much potential at this point in the draft, yet they're not biting. 

Just now, Aross3415 said:

Buffalo needs to move up now and get him!! This would be an amazing draft to get 3 first round talents.. I would be fine with only having those 3 picks if we could get him!

Metcalf is not 1st round talent...

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

After looking at that picture of him without his shirt on at the draft, the more and more I think this guy has got David Boston written all over him

If the dude gets us 4000 yards and 18 tds before flaming out for another team on his second contract I’d still call that a win at this point.