DK Metcalf is following Josh Allen on IG

7 hours ago, Yav said:

That I have! 

Also I really don't think the Bills will add a WR until later.

& that will be a mistake... I just started warming up to McBeane...I pray they don't add to my ish list! ?

That can't ignore Josh Allen... he needs weapons... Beasley & John Brown doesn't scare anyone

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

& that will be a mistake... I just started warming up to McBeane...I pray they don't add to my ish list! ?

That can't ignore Josh Allen... he needs weapons... Beasley & John Brown doesn't scare anyone

I'm shocked that so many here are ok with our current WR corps, as is.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Frankly I don’t think DK would scare anyone either. He’s a poor route runner, doesn’t high point the ball and has long injury history. I’m a huge Ole Miss fan and I couldn’t believe people were talking about him as a first or second round pick. He’s just a physical specimen which is what a lot of people are enamored with

Well, my mock this year was about the same as last year. 4 exact matches, 22 correct first round players, 11 correct player team pairings. But one of my exact matches was the Pats* taking N'Keal Harry.

I thought DK would be gone too, but considering some of the crazy things that went on last night and who is still available I'm pretty excited for tonight!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

OK is the key word. If we went into the season today as is, it's already better than last year with the additions they made. 

They can add more talent for sure but at least they are trying to get better players. 

Edited by The Wiz

42 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You do realize this is not 2018 and this 2019 and we have plenty of improvements at the position via 2019 FA, with plenty of WR talent left on the draft board

Edited by ddaryl

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Well, my mock this year was about the same as last year. 4 exact matches, 22 correct first round players, 11 correct player team pairings. But one of my exact matches was the Pats* taking N'Keal Harry.

I thought DK would be gone too, but considering some of the crazy things that went on last night and who is still available I'm pretty excited for tonight!

DK not going in the first isn't a surprise to some of us. He runs 1 route and has questionable hands. In the pros he's going to get jammed at the line and taken out of the play. He's too much of a project for the 1st round. Harry is a much better route runner right now and the most complete WR of all the WR in the draft. DK was the 2nd best WR on his team. Could he develop into a great player? Sure but you don't waste a first round pick on a maybe.

Just now, Yav said:

DK not going in the first isn't a surprise to some of us. He runs 1 route and has questionable hands. In the pros he's going to get jammed at the line and taken out of the play. He's too much of a project for the 1st round. Harry is a much better route runner right now and the most complete WR of all the WR in the draft. DK was the 2nd best WR on his team. Could he develop into a great player? Sure but you don't waste a first round pick on a maybe.

This, and his speed, were DKs biggest strengths coming out.  If he fails, it will not be because he got jammed at the line. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This, and his speed, were DKs biggest strengths coming out.  If he fails, it will not be because he got jammed at the line. 

if you think getting jammed in college is the same as getting jammed in the pros you're wrong, dudes gonna be popped really good at the line in the pros and he's gonna have a problem recovering. Again he's not falling in the draft, he's just been evaluated differently by pro scouts and GMs than the talking heads on TV.

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I was just thinking that as I read it.  He might even be the least susceptible WR to jams in the whole draft.  

Edited by Capco

Just now, Yav said:

if you think getting jammed in college is the same as getting jammed in the pros you're wrong, dudes gonna be popped really good at the line in the pros and he's gonna have a problem recovering. Again he's not falling in the draft, he's just been evaluated differently by pro scouts and GMs than the talking heads on TV.

I mean that's true, but the fact that the pros is different than college is true of every skill.  I guess I don't know what he will be in the NFL, but that fact that he wasn't jammed in college is the strongest indicator he won't be jammed in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, Yav said:

Please tell me what defensive back is jamming DK at the line. 

He's certainly overhyped, but let's not make up stuff.  I'd take him in a split second at 40. 

New England took Harry, who is a way better fit in their possession offense.  If we take DK, I could say the same about us in getting weapons that fit Allen's strengths.

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

You do realize this is not 2018 and this 2019 and we have plenty of improvements at the position via 2019 FA, with plenty of WR talent left on the draft board

I think I'm aware, and I'm talking about this board, not the front office.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Yav said:

Well, Harry was the last pick in the 1st and he went to NE. I expected him to go to Baltimore but he was still a first round pick. I've been saying it all along. Where are all the nay-sayers now?

2nd WR taken and he was a FIRST ROUND pick. What you say now?

10 hours ago, Yav said:

I want to know where all those people that kept telling me Harry was a 2nd or 3rd round pick and not that high on many "Exepert" boards.

I'm here for my props. 

This might be the pettiest and saddest thing I've ever seen on the internet. 

Good for you @Yav congrats on getting those props for sort of being right on the order in which wide receivers were taken in the draft. 

giphy.gif

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 3

I might run through glass sliding door in excitement if we get DK at 40.

I will own that I was pretty certain he and Harry would be first round picks.  I wasn’t surprised to see DK slide a bit with so many defensive and OL guys out there, but didn’t expect him to make it to round 2.  I’m happy to be wrong about that, especially if it means we got Oliver and Metcalf :)

I love Ed Oliver pick.  I said many times I wasn’t convinced he would be the pick or would even make it to us, but definitely love the pick.  Was never against taking him, he’s a beast.  The big thing I did NOT want to do was trade up for Oliver, and this now is EXACTLY why.  There will be an excellent prospect on the board at 40, and just didn’t want to lose this pick to get Oliver when we could get Simmons or Wilkins without trading up, even maybe in a trade down.  

But getting Oliver at 9 was sweet and now we are going to get another great pick at 40.  Wouldn’t surprise me to see them trade up here if there is a guy they covet, but most likely stay at 40 with so many exciting guys still there.

I still expect Beane to be aggressive with all these picks, so I am hoping and thinking Beane is going to trade up and get an additional 2nd round pick at some point.  Thinking guys like Ford, Metcalf (or other WR), Risner, Ferguson, Sanders, Irv Smith, are all going to be potential targets here in 2nd.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

This might be the pettiest and saddest thing I've ever seen on the internet. 

Good for you @Yav congrats on getting those props for sort of being right on the order in which wide receivers were taken in the draft. 

giphy.gif

Hahahaha.  Nice one!

I was right about Harry being a first rounder too...but wrong in Metcalf being a first rounder Ha! I was right about Ford going in the 2nd, but wrong about the surprise pick at 4 which I thought was going to be either Jacobs and Lock.  Lol.  

Anyone claiming kudos on any pick this year while not acknowledging all the stuff they were wrong about is a bit silly.  No one knew anything this draft, some guessed right here or there and wrong here or there.

Lets go Bills!!!!

Edited by Alphadawg7