DK Metcalf is following Josh Allen on IG

11 hours ago, Yav said:

Ha, he’s not gonna be around in the second. He’s the top WR in the draft, can play slot and outside, runs all the routes and the best YAC. He will be the 1st WR taken. 

Some mocks have him as a 3rd round prospect, but I'll give you props if you're right.

3 hours ago, Yav said:

Go look on the bills website, there’s at least 2 videos talking about him. 

What? 

1. Has great hands in traffic

2. Runs the entire route tree

3. Runs great routes and uses fluid motion and size to gain separation. 

Some of you you should start taking to time to watch the videos after his proday. He is the most pro ready WR coming out of the draft. 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/where-s-the-best-value-for-wide-receivers-in-the-2019-nfl-draft watch the video

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/nfl-network-s-curtis-conway-s-top-five-wide-receivers-in-2019-nfl-draft again watch the video

but yea nobody has Harry that high ... smh 

We were referring to the statement BY YOU that he would be the FIRST WR TAKEN IN THE DRAFT

Nobody said he wasn't being discussed.

The first article you linked refers to BEST WR VALUE and states that as a VALUE PICK the bills may take him IN THE SECOND ROUND witch is exactly what we were saying, we disputed YOU saying he is the best wr and will be the first one taken in until entire draft.

His catching in traffic, let me clarify, is from a lack of effort and not a lack of ability, which seems to be the issues with us route running and separation too.

He can make great catches in traffic or get separation when he makes the effort, which isn't consistent.

Conway is the only guy I've seen with him ranked #1.

The only one.

Also.

You are making up your scouting report.

Here, let me share multiple scouting reports on him with you from the draft network:

Solak:

BEST TRAIT – RAC

WORST TRAIT – Route Running

RED FLAGS – Effort

Route Running – Uninspiring. 

Physicality – A disappointment. While the ball is in his hands: willing to take on contact, but never really looks to lower his shoulder and bring the thunder to a tackler. As a blocker, can get active but is often looking for stalemates. As a route-runner, is all too happy to get chucked in the contact window and allows smaller corners to stay in his hip pocket, limiting the throwing window. Lack of physicality in his route stem for his size is particularly damning of his effort, and is part of the reason why he was much more effective in the slot (off coverage).

Harry's struggles releasing off of tight press coverage, generating throwing windows downfield, and working back to the football all cannot be ignored. There have been concerns with Harry's effort and practice character for multiple seasons now at ASU, and those effort question marks show up on tape. Harry is lazy in his route stems and releases, which makes life more difficult on his QB than it needs to be, and he will get out-competed for the football as a result of sloppy play. These issues in the contact window may push Harry into more of a big-slot role early, though he has as high a ceiling as any WR in this class.

Ledyard:

But his lack of speed, burst and overall athleticism are issues that need to be considered. He doesn't always play like an alpha, and there is some limit to what he provides an offense due to his inability to create great separation from press man corners. NFL defensive backs will challenge him in very new ways, and Harry will have to consistently play hard and with better attention to detail than he always did in college. There is risk involved here, and limitations even at his peak, but if Harry can impress at the Combine, he'll have a lot of teams looking to draft him amongst the top wide receivers in the 2019 class.

Round Grade: Late 2nd

Marino:

BEST TRAIT - Ball Skills

WORST TRAIT - Play Speed

RED FLAGS - None

Routes - Lacks the physical tools to be a top separator. Has build up speed that slowly eats away cushion. Stiffness in upper body and torso mitigate his ability to truly snap his body around when making cuts/breaks. Took advantage of manufactured touches in college. Upright route runner overall. Breaks through contact at top of routes. Not a true route salesman but makes good adjustments on the fly.

Crabbs

BEST TRAIT – Hands

WORST TRAIT – Change of Direction Skills

BEST FILM – Oregon (2017)

WORST FILM – Washington (2018)

RED FLAGS – None

This is from billswire:

N’Keal Harry | WR | Arizona State | Jr.

Pros
Ability to make contested dynamic catches with hands.
Big-bodied receiver the Bills lack (6-foot-3, 228 pounds) with large catch radius.
Experience playing outside and as big slot receiver.
Gets yards after catches.
Does has experience as a returner.
Cons
Not overly quick target.
Doesn’t get great separation.
Not an experienced route runner.
On and off blocker.

Consensus rank: Late 1st/ early 2nd round pick

13 hours ago, Yav said:

Ha, he’s not gonna be around in the second. He’s the top WR in the draft, can play slot and outside, runs all the routes and the best YAC. He will be the 1st WR taken. 

12 hours ago, the skycap said:

What "draft expert" has him rated as the top WR in the draft? I see Bucky Brooks has him at 5.

Again, let me reiterate.

He is a GOOD WR PROSPECT

One of the higher rated wrs in the draft.

He is not the HIGHEST RATED.

He has negatives.

NOBODY IS CALLING HIM A GREAT ROUTE RUNNER OR SAYING HE'S GREAT AT SEPARATION.

there is debate as to his catching in traffic, mostly due to effort and not due to ability/skill.

YOU asserted he would be the first wr taken.

He's a late first to late second round from every grade I've seen except Conway.

Even one of the links YOU provided has him as a SECOND ROUND VALUE.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Some mocks have him as a 3rd round prospect, but I'll give you props if you're right.

This was all skycap and I were saying to yav

Nobody has him as the top WR on the board that I've seen except Curtis Conway

His biggest knocks are blocking, lack of separation, and catching in traffic consistently, which all seem to be from a lack of consistent effort.

He's graded as a late first to a later third from everything I've seen.

Yavs assertion that he's going to be the first wr taken it what I disputed.

I think he's got really good potential and wouldn't be upset with Oliver @#9 and harry in the 2nd.

5 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

We were referring to the statement BY YOU that he would be the FIRST WR TAKEN IN THE DRAFT

Nobody said he wasn't being discussed.

The first article you linked refers to BEST WR VALUE and states that as a VALUE PICK the bills may take him IN THE SECOND ROUND witch is exactly what we were saying, we disputed YOU saying he is the best wr and will be the first one taken in until entire draft.

His catching in traffic, let me clarify, is from a lack of effort and not a lack of ability, which seems to be the issues with us route running and separation too.

He can make great catches in traffic or get separation when he makes the effort, which isn't consistent.

Conway is the only guy I've seen with him ranked #1.

The only one.

Also.

You are making up your scouting report.

Here, let me share multiple scouting reports on him with you from the draft network:

Solak:

BEST TRAIT – RAC

WORST TRAIT – Route Running

RED FLAGS – Effort

Route Running – Uninspiring. 

Physicality – A disappointment. While the ball is in his hands: willing to take on contact, but never really looks to lower his shoulder and bring the thunder to a tackler. As a blocker, can get active but is often looking for stalemates. As a route-runner, is all too happy to get chucked in the contact window and allows smaller corners to stay in his hip pocket, limiting the throwing window. Lack of physicality in his route stem for his size is particularly damning of his effort, and is part of the reason why he was much more effective in the slot (off coverage).

Harry's struggles releasing off of tight press coverage, generating throwing windows downfield, and working back to the football all cannot be ignored. There have been concerns with Harry's effort and practice character for multiple seasons now at ASU, and those effort question marks show up on tape. Harry is lazy in his route stems and releases, which makes life more difficult on his QB than it needs to be, and he will get out-competed for the football as a result of sloppy play. These issues in the contact window may push Harry into more of a big-slot role early, though he has as high a ceiling as any WR in this class.

Ledyard:

But his lack of speed, burst and overall athleticism are issues that need to be considered. He doesn't always play like an alpha, and there is some limit to what he provides an offense due to his inability to create great separation from press man corners. NFL defensive backs will challenge him in very new ways, and Harry will have to consistently play hard and with better attention to detail than he always did in college. There is risk involved here, and limitations even at his peak, but if Harry can impress at the Combine, he'll have a lot of teams looking to draft him amongst the top wide receivers in the 2019 class.

Round Grade: Late 2nd

Marino:

BEST TRAIT - Ball Skills

WORST TRAIT - Play Speed

RED FLAGS - None

Routes - Lacks the physical tools to be a top separator. Has build up speed that slowly eats away cushion. Stiffness in upper body and torso mitigate his ability to truly snap his body around when making cuts/breaks. Took advantage of manufactured touches in college. Upright route runner overall. Breaks through contact at top of routes. Not a true route salesman but makes good adjustments on the fly.

Crabbs

BEST TRAIT – Hands

WORST TRAIT – Change of Direction Skills

BEST FILM – Oregon (2017)

WORST FILM – Washington (2018)

RED FLAGS – None

This is from billswire:

N’Keal Harry | WR | Arizona State | Jr.

Pros
Ability to make contested dynamic catches with hands.
Big-bodied receiver the Bills lack (6-foot-3, 228 pounds) with large catch radius.
Experience playing outside and as big slot receiver.
Gets yards after catches.
Does has experience as a returner.
Cons
Not overly quick target.
Doesn’t get great separation.
Not an experienced route runner.
On and off blocker.

Consensus rank: Late 1st/ early 2nd round pick

Again, let me reiterate.

He is a GOOD WR PROSPECT

One of the higher rated wrs in the draft.

He is not the HIGHEST RATED.

He has negatives.

NOBODY IS CALLING HIM A GREAT ROUTE RUNNER OR SAYING HE'S GREAT AT SEPARATION.

there is debate as to his catching in traffic, mostly due to effort and not due to ability/skill.

YOU asserted he would be the first wr taken.

He's a late first to late second round from every grade I've seen except Conway.

Even one of the links YOU provided has him as a SECOND ROUND VALUE.

Let me help you out. Harry doesn't lake effort he didn't have a capable QB.

Some of you people are all over DK yet he runs 1 route and wasn't even the best WR on his own team. Harry can run all the routes and can play slot as well as outside. His YAC is also insane. I have said multiple times on this board that he will need to work more on his route running and he will need to learn some of the routes but he is a complete WR coming out of college. 

Watch the kid play and you'll see the separation, his problem was his QB. Catching in traffic isn't a lack of effort nor a lack of his own talent, it's a lack of his QBs talent. Go back and watch the kid play, you'll see him catching crossing routs in traffic bounce off the first hit and break it for a big gain and yes in the process separating from defenders. 

In the one video, its being discussed as potential to be franchise WR and Baldinger talks about Harry. For me a Franchise player is a first round player. 

20 minutes ago, Yav said:

Let me help you out. Harry doesn't lake effort he didn't have a capable QB.

Some of you people are all over DK yet he runs 1 route and wasn't even the best WR on his own team. Harry can run all the routes and can play slot as well as outside. His YAC is also insane. I have said multiple times on this board that he will need to work more on his route running and he will need to learn some of the routes but he is a complete WR coming out of college. 

Watch the kid play and you'll see the separation, his problem was his QB. Catching in traffic isn't a lack of effort nor a lack of his own talent, it's a lack of his QBs talent. Go back and watch the kid play, you'll see him catching crossing routs in traffic bounce off the first hit and break it for a big gain and yes in the process separating from defenders. 

In the one video, its being discussed as potential to be franchise WR and Baldinger talks about Harry. For me a Franchise player is a first round player. 

Let me help you out.

You asserted he would be the first wr taken in the draft.

Nobody believes this but you.

Keep ignoring that YOU said that.

Also a separation problem is not a QB problem

How is it the QBs fault that he can't get away can defenders?

Edited by SouthNYfan

14 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Your the only one saying he is the best wr in the draft though.  Many places question his ability to routinely win outside in the pros.  Harry at 40 wouldn't be bad.  There are a few guys who have elite traits imo.  Harry is good at alot of things, but I do not see anything as elite level.  

Thank you!!

15 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Your the only one saying he is the best wr in the draft though.  Many places question his ability to routinely win outside in the pros.  Harry at 40 wouldn't be bad.  There are a few guys who have elite traits imo.  Harry is good at alot of things, but I do not see anything as elite level.  

Huh?  Not only is Harry talked about by some as the best WR in the draft right now, but was even before the combine.  Im not saying that means he is, but there are a number of WR's who have carried the "best WR in the draft" title this offseason depending on who is making the list.  There is no clear cut answer on who the best WR prospect is right now, and Harry may or may not be, but he certainly has a clear case to be.  

In fact, I think the clear top 2 are DK and Harry right now.  Once Harry blew past his 40 time expectations (which pre combine it was expected at 4.7) with a 4.53 (faster than some of the top WR's in the NFL) all the is he too slow talk should have been put to rest.  

Not only did he have a great combine, but he had a great pro day.  If he is there at 40 we will sprint to the podium (assuming we didnt take DK in the first).  I can easily see the Bill take someone at another position at 9 (Oliver, Jonah, Hockenson, Sweat, etc) then trade up back into the first to try and get Harry.  I really doubt Harry lasts until pick 40...stranger things have happened, but I think the probability of that is pretty low.   

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  Not only is Harry talked about by some as the best WR in the draft right now, but was even before the combine.  Im not saying that means he is, but there are a number of WR's who have carried the "best WR in the draft" title this offseason depending on who is making the list.  There is no clear cut answer on who the best WR prospect is right now, and Harry may or may not be, but he certainly has a clear case to be.  

In fact, I think the clear top 2 are DK and Harry right now.  Once Harry blew past his 40 time expectations (which pre combine it was expected at 4.7) with a 4.53 (faster than some of the top WR's in the NFL) all the is he too slow talk should have been put to rest.  

Not only did he have a great combine, but he had a great pro day.  If he is there at 40 we will sprint to the podium (assuming we didnt take DK in the first).  I can easily see the Bill take someone at another position at 9 (Oliver, Jonah, Hockenson, Sweat, etc) then trade up back into the first to try and get Harry.  I really doubt Harry lasts until pick 40...stranger things have happened, but I think the probability of that is pretty low.   

What source who supposedly ranks college players for a living has Harry as the #1.  I'm asking because I haven't seen one.   He is not terrible.  I like him.  I see him as a day 2 player.  The guys I like more you see an extra gear, and they are more fluid in their movements on the field.  It may be taste but that's the way I saw it.  After the positional rankings came out many saw it the way it the way I do.  Harry on day 2 isnt bad.  I wouldn't like trading up for him.  The difference between Samuel, Aj Brown and Harry isnt severe enough to make that kind of move.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:20 AM, Yav said:

I actually have it on very good authority that the Bills don’t even have a 1st round grade on DK. They have Harry rated as the #1 WR in the draft and a top 10 prospect. Like many they feel Harry can come in and be a true #1 and Allen has been in contact with Harry already. 

I actually believe this based on everything I’ve seen from them. Don’t think they take him in the 1st though unless they trade down 

but josh calls everyone doesn’t he? 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 4/9/2019 at 2:31 PM, Yav said:

I was joking around but I agree that Harry would be a great fit. His personality is great as well. 

I have heard his practice habits are sloppy and he gets lazy in games. Doesn't seem like someone McDermott would draft.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I say draft DK at 9 and stick and him on the outside, with Smokey Brown on the other side, and Beasley in the slot and we have a pretty damn good WR group. We don't need to ask DK to run a million crazy routes. Foster backs them up giving us solid depth at speed for outside WR. Zay can adjust to slot where he will be better and work in with Beasley. Keep another 2 (instead of the usual 1) for competition and cut one of our trademark special teams spots to make up for it.

Do that and I think our receiving talent is great. Grab a tackle next and a young RB late and we're good on offense. Fill in on defense where you can but plan to circle back on that next year. 

DK gives us the size and burner speed we need on the outside to blow the top off and give our other guys space. He'll never play like a Megatron for us but that doesn't mean he isn't worth the 9. Josh will throw him bombs high teams will have to tilt the field his way and he'll run good comebacks and deep outs. Smokey is super dangerous on the other side as well ... our new TE and slot guys should feast. Should open up the run game if we can win at the point of attack to give Shady the second level. 

Edited by dayman
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dayman said:

I say draft DK at 9 and stick and him on the outside, with Smokey Brown on the other side, and Beasley in the slot and we have a pretty damn good WR group. We don't need to ask DK to run a million crazy routes. Foster backs them up giving us solid depth at speed for outside WR. Zay can adjust to slot where he will be better and work in with Beasley. Keep another 2 (instead of the usual 1) for competition and cut one of our trademark special teams spots to make up for it.

Do that and I think our receiving talent is great. Grab a tackle next and a young RB late and we're good on offense. Fill in on defense where you can but plan to circle back on that next year. 

DK gives us the size and burner speed we need on the outside to blow the top off and give our other guys space. He'll never play like a Megatron for us but that doesn't mean he isn't worth the 9. Josh will throw him bombs high teams will have to tilt the field his way and he'll run good comebacks and deep outs. Smokey is super dangerous on the other side as well ... our new TE and slot guys should feast. Should open up the run game if we can win at the point of attack to give Shady the second level. 

That's a plausible case for DK. I think they should address TE in second or third. They need more talent at that position. DL is a real need. I'd be very surprised if one of the first two picks isn't DT or edge.

My biggest concern with DK is going to be cramps and minor injuries like tweaked hamstrings.

If he can stay off the injury report or show that he can play through some minor things, then he’s going to be fine.

Great receivers don’t become great by doing everything great. They become great by doing what they do great at an elite level. Randy Moss wasn’t a great route runner but he was dominant at what he can do. Jerry Rice wasn’t a burner, but he dominated his routes.

With the 9th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Ed Oliver, Defensive tackle, Houston.

*DK unfollows JA

The Kansas City Chiefs have traded the 29th pick to the Buffalo Bills. With the 29th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select DK Metcalf, Wide Receiver, Mississippi

*DK follows JA.. oops... ?