NFL Schedule Should Be Released Next Week

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

road opener for the 2nd year in  a row?  Booooo

Yep complete BS. It's a straight up advantage for the opponent and for a team like Buffalo that has such home field advantage it really blows to not be able to help get them to 1-0. The other thing is if they lose week 1 the home opener is decidedly not as fun.

2 hours ago, eball said:

This is nothing new and completely intentional.  For a number of years now the NFL has scheduled divisional opponents in W17 for that very reason.

and is backed up by being Conference games for playoff tie-breakers.

14 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Update:

So, are we staying in Joisy for a week? Ya know, back & forth plane rides n’such..

How much more expensive and difficult is it going to the Bengals game week 3 for the opener? I’m taking the family up and it has to be week 3 or 4, I don’t really want to see NE. I’m Going to Buffalo to get away from the blowhards not travel with them.

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

How much more expensive and difficult is it going to the Bengals game week 3 for the opener? I’m taking the family up and it has to be week 3 or 4, I don’t really want to see NE. I’m Going to Buffalo to get away from the blowhards not travel with them.

Dude...

DON'T go to the Pats game. Why do that to yourself?

Home openers are THE BEST. The weather will still be good, the optimism will still be hanging in the air, and the Bills have a MUCH better shot of beating the Bengals than the Pats.

Put it another way: Why knowingly subject yourself to breathing the same oxygen as Pats fans for an entire day? 

Just now, Logic said:

Dude...

DON'T go to the Pats game. Why do that to yourself?

Home openers are THE BEST. The weather will still be good, the optimism will still be hanging in the air, and the Bills have a MUCH better shot of beating the Bengals than the Pats.

Put it another way: Why knowingly subject yourself to breathing the same oxygen as Pats fans for an entire day? 

Oh I’m totally on that train, I’m covering the trip and expenses for a few people that are coming that’s why I asked. Will it be super difficult/expensive  finding tickets, a decent hotel and getting tickets for 8 people on opening weekend?