NFL Schedule Should Be Released Next Week

3 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I think this is it. I've heard the Bills will play Cleveland week 12 and the Steelers week 3 and that fits.

If nothing else, it matches the Browns “leak” for that game. We’ll find out soon enough. 

Looks like TODAY is the day!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/04/16/nfl-schedule-release-date-time-regular-season-games/3482898002/

NFL to release its 2019 schedule

NFL teams and fans will learn who plays whom and when Wednesday in the league's landmark 100th season.  We do know in advance that the league will depart from recent precedent of having the defending champion host the Thursday night opener. Instead, the Chicago Bears will host the Green Bay Packers on Sept. 5. Super Bowl LIII champ New England is expected to host the Sunday Night Football matchup in Week 1. Make sure to follow USA TODAY Sports for all the latest news as the NFL will reveal its 2019 regular season schedule at 8 p.m. ET.

Edited by cd1

1 hour ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Seems like there is way too many back to back home & away games 

Compared to what?  It looks like a very balanced schedule, and having the bye the week before a Thursday game makes sense.  It also follows the NFL's recent trend of divisional matchups in W17.  It actually looks "kinda legit" to me.  We'll know in about 13 hours.

Edit:  by the way, I looked at last year's schedule and there were a total of four "back-to-back" home and away games.  This leaked schedule has five.

Edited by eball

1 hour ago, eball said:

Compared to what?  It looks like a very balanced schedule, and having the bye the week before a Thursday game makes sense.  It also follows the NFL's recent trend of divisional matchups in W17.  It actually looks "kinda legit" to me.  We'll know in about 13 hours.

While a bye before Thursday makes sense, nobody has ever had one like that before. I believe there are rules for bye weeks, and they can't be next to a Thursday game. Also, it is so rare to get a 4:00 home game in buffalo, let alone against a team that is not expected to be a huge draw nationally in the broncos. These fake schedule's getting released are a new trend on schedule release day. Started with the Browns having 5 primetime games on their schedule leak......

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

While a bye before Thursday makes sense, nobody has ever had one like that before. I believe there are rules for bye weeks, and they can't be next to a Thursday game. Also, it is so rare to get a 4:00 home game in buffalo, let alone against a team that is not expected to be a huge draw nationally in the broncos. These fake schedule's getting released are a new trend on schedule release day. Started with the Browns having 5 primetime games on their schedule leak......

Like I said, we'll know soon enough.  I don't believe teams are precluded from having a bye before a Thursday game -- in fact, that scenario should be preferred.

The leaked schedule does look pretty legit and follows the model the NFL uses. The only red flag I would have is Dallas on a Thursday Night. It seems like kinda weird considering the opponents Dallas also has and the fact they already play Thursday for Thanksgiving. That said I would loveee a Dallas TNF game and the two 4:00pm games would be very nice also.

8 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The leaked schedule does look pretty legit and follows the model the NFL uses. The only red flag I would have is Dallas on a Thursday Night. It seems like kinda weird considering the opponents Dallas also has and the fact they already play Thursday for Thanksgiving. That said I would loveee a Dallas TNF game and the two 4:00pm games would be very nice also.

There is a thought going around that the NFL is going to schedule a large number of former Super Bowl matchups in primetime as part of the 100 anniversary celebration. The Bills obviously play all of their former opponents this year so if it happens, I wouldn't be surprised to see us play a TNF game against the Skins, Giants or Cowboys.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, youngjebrey said:

My disbelief is the TNF game is shown as it could be flexed. Perhaps every week >= 6 is shown as flexed regardless if a particular game (TNF) cannot be flexed. I would hope that the NFL schedule makers would be capable enough not to place an * on TNF as a flex game. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

My disbelief is the TNF game is shown as it could be flexed. Perhaps every week >= 6 is shown as flexed regardless if a particular game (TNF) cannot be flexed. I would hope that the NFL schedule makers would be capable enough not to place an * on TNF as a flex game. 

Based on last year's rules, it's incorrect.

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101

• Begins Sunday of Week 5
  • In effect during Weeks 5-17
  • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
  • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
  • No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Should note this leak directly combats this leaked Dolphins home schedule with both the opening week and when the Bills are scheduled to go to Miami 

Yeah, I tend to believe that one (could be wrong) as the poster doesn't seem like he'd make it up, plus the Flex on the night game on the "leaked" Bills schedule.  So, based on that for week one Pitt is the only away option, while home still has Denver, Baltimore, Philly & Washington as options.

• Like (+1) 1