NFL Schedule Should Be Released Next Week

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It actually did.

Thanks for the well wishes. Enjoy your exciting schedule release day where we find out at what time and dates games are played against opponents we already know are being played!!

I mean...

Clearly the schedule release matters to people because it allows them to buy game tickets and airplane tickets and make hotel reservations, which they couldn't do until game dates are known. It's quite logical to be excited about an event which allows you to plan your participation in enjoyable activities. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It actually did.

Thanks for the well wishes. Enjoy your exciting schedule release day where we find out at what time and dates games are played against opponents we already know are being played!!

did you forget to take your meds?

3 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Schedule release day is as exciting as a Mike and Molly marathon.

Neat, here’s when the games are played against the opponents we already know are being played.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Perhaps you are right.

I just don't understand why releasing the schedule dates has become such a grandiose thing in the NFL.

It wasn't that long ago when the schedule dates were released much earlier than this.

Just announce the dates and get it over with. Not everything has to be an event.

I think that is the exact opposite of the NFL's motto.

52 minutes ago, Logic said:

I mean...

Clearly the schedule release matters to people because it allows them to buy game tickets and airplane tickets and make hotel reservations, which they couldn't do until game dates are known. It's quite logical to be excited about an event which allows you to plan your participation in enjoyable activities. 

Nah, present day caveman Jay_Fixit watches all of the games from his couch while he orders his woman to serve food and beverages, so he doesn't care when they are -- and he wants to make sure we all know about it!

It takes a special person to invade a thread simply to tell people interested in the topic that they're all stupid.  Really special.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, eball said:

If I remember correctly it's not that they are wishy washy, it's that literally right up until they announce it they are still tinkering and dealing with stadium availability issues and whatnot.  It really is an incredibly complicated process.

Yeah, not sure how the process goes but it wouldn’t surprise me if they literally start making up the schedule right after the prior season ends and it just takes this long to work everything out (stadium availability, no team has too long of a home/road stretch, etc.)

On 4/9/2019 at 2:46 PM, Talley56 said:

Yeah, not sure how the process goes but it wouldn’t surprise me if they literally start making up the schedule right after the prior season ends and it just takes this long to work everything out (stadium availability, no team has too long of a home/road stretch, etc.)

biggest thing they factor in is TV matchups...competitive balance matters very little to them. Witness Bills with 2 home games in the first 7 last year.

47 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Thanks! If true that takes out 5/16 possibilities (as I doubt the SNF opener is Pats/Bills). I'm wondering if the schedule will be released Wed this year instead of Thur as its the day before Good Friday. I know its not a national holiday in the US like it is Canada, but it is in 2 of the 3 big states (Texas & Florida).

On 4/9/2019 at 2:46 PM, Talley56 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/19/schedule-release-teams-thursday-tv-mmqb-peter-king

They start in January. Peter King usually posted something like this each year when he was with SI. I'm interested to see if he was able to carry that over to his new position or if it remains with SI. 

On 4/9/2019 at 10:26 AM, eball said:

I think that is the exact opposite of the NFL's motto.

Nah, present day caveman Jay_Fixit watches all of the games from his couch while he orders his woman to serve food and beverages, so he doesn't care when they are -- and he wants to make sure we all know about it!

It takes a special person to invade a thread simply to tell people interested in the topic that they're all stupid.  Really special.

I’m sorry my jokey words affected you so much.  I mean, there are literally dozens of threads with people having fun at the thread’s expense each and every day. But make fun of a day where dates are released and Eball ain’t having any of it. You must live a sheltered life.

Schedule release day.

LOL

On 4/9/2019 at 9:36 AM, Logic said:

I mean...

Ok? 

I guess that means it’s off limits to have a little fun with.

I bet you guys squeak when you walk.

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

There was some leak on Twitter with full Browns schedule. Nobody knows how legit it is but Bills play there week 12 regular Sunday game if true.

If that leak is correct (no reason to think it isn't) the Browns have FIVE primetime games this season including their first two.  Two Monday nights, two Sunday nights, and a Thursday night.  Bills @ Browns (not primetime) on 11/24.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:33 AM, Jay_Fixit said:

It actually did.

I mean, people like to plan which games they’re going to; knowing the times and dates of each game makes that a lot easier for people who have kids/jobs/other obligations.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Anyone have inside scoop when tix may go on sale? After schedule release of course.

You can usually get them on the secondary market once the schedule is released and sellers know when the games are gonna be....you might pay a little more but at least you get a shot before the team officially sells individual tix.

Edited by JaCrispy