NFL Schedule Should Be Released Next Week

32 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Once I became “established”, schedule release day took on a whole new importance. Picking games and/or cities to visit is a great time.

I’m hoping Cleveland is a weekend game. I just went there this weekend for the Jays game, and I’d like to go for the Bills game but don’t want to take time off to do so. Pittsburgh is another option I guess.

Cleveland is a fun trip, did that one 7 or 8 years ago.  Ton of Bills fans there.  Tailgate was fun, the Browns fans were mostly cool..  If it lines up me and some pals are going to the Steelers game this year.  Never been there.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Schedule release day is as exciting as a Mike and Molly marathon.

Neat, here’s when the games are played against the opponents we already know are being played.

So you dropped by just to say that?  How big of you!

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Some people are just this way.  Ignore them. To me, the season officially starts when the schedule is released.  Can't wait.  Already have great seats lined up for the game in Foxboro.  Just have to pounce on a hotel room when the schedule comes out.

17 minutes ago, eball said:

I dropped by a forum I post on to post?

What a concept!!!

9 minutes ago, Gisele said:

Some people are just this way.  Ignore them. To me, the season officially starts when the schedule is released.  Can't wait.  Already have great seats lined up for the game in Foxboro.  Just have to pounce on a hotel room when the schedule comes out.

I think we should ignore people like you.

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

I dropped by a forum I post on to post?

What a concept!!!

No, you specifically entered a thread you admittedly have no interest in, to tell everyone you have no interest in it.

You can try to rationalize that to yourself all you want, chief.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

No, you specifically entered a thread you admittedly have no interest in, to tell everyone you have no interest in it.

You can try to rationalize that to yourself all you want, chief.

I don’t need to rationalize anything. It’s a forum I post on. And posted in a thread. Real tough to understand.

Seems that I offended you with my words.

Boss.

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I don’t need to rationalize anything. It’s a forum I post on. And posted in a thread. Real tough to understand.

Seems that I offended you with my words.

Boss.

Not offended, just curious at the mentality of someone who chooses to do what you did.  I've apparently struck a nerve.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Not offended, just curious at the mentality of someone who chooses to do what you did.  I've apparently struck a nerve.

Dozens of threads per day, where people share their opinions whether they agree, or disagree with the topic at hand.

Someone DARES to make fun of schedule release day and you take issue with it.

Seems the only nerve struck is yours. 

Edited by Jay_Fixit

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Dozens of threads per day, where people share their opinions whether they agree, or disagree with the topic at hand.

Someone DARES to make fun of schedule release day and you take issue with it.

Seems the only nerve struck is yours. 

Hey man, cheers to you -- you successfully pissed in the punch bowl!  Hope it made your morning!

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Would love to see teams like Miami, Cincinnati, Jets, Titans, Denver all in the first half of the schedule. "Should" be winnable games.

Would rather deal with a gauntlet of tougher teams (Pats, Steelers, Browns, Eagles) in the second half.

I feel like it's best to catch the Pats earlier before they hit their stride.

22 minutes ago, eball said:

Hey man, cheers to you -- you successfully pissed in the punch bowl!  Hope it made your morning!

It actually did.

Thanks for the well wishes. Enjoy your exciting schedule release day where we find out at what time and dates games are played against opponents we already know are being played!!

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It actually did.

Thanks for the well wishes. Enjoy your exciting schedule release day where we find out at what time and dates games are played against opponents we already know are being played!!

Lol. It's almost as if you have something against schedule release day. Bizarre.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Schedule release day is as exciting as a Mike and Molly marathon.

Neat, here’s when the games are played against the opponents we already know are being played.

So you aren't going to any games this year?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It actually did.

Did you not read the reasoning behind most of the excitement?  It's when we know which games we can do and when to schedule trips.  Just go away.  Your input is not needed here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

If I remember correctly it's not that they are wishy washy, it's that literally right up until they announce it they are still tinkering and dealing with stadium availability issues and whatnot.  It really is an incredibly complicated process.

Perhaps you are right.

I just don't understand why releasing the schedule dates has become such a grandiose thing in the NFL.

It wasn't that long ago when the schedule dates were released much earlier than this.

Just announce the dates and get it over with. Not everything has to be an event.

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It actually did.

Totally. Man, I hate having the ability to finally book those flights and accommodation to my chosen away game every year. It really grinds my gears when they release the schedule telling me when I can do that. Dude, chill out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1