NFL Schedule Should Be Released Next Week

39 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Waiting for the jerks who always chime in to say "Who cares? We already know who we're going to play. Doesn't matter when the games are played."

The schedule release is one of the most exciting days of the annual calendar.

Scrolling through this I was thinking the same thing!

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Funny, about 3 weeks ago I was able to get rooms at the Embassy, but the second weekend was way more expensive than the first weekend. 

Only dates i really care about is  Tennesee game not on September 27th or November 4th and Phill date not on either of those dates as well. Outside of that, i love 4PM games, understand we will have zero going into the season but will hope for a flex into a 4PM game.

Agreed on the Nashville game, that’s the road game I want to hit and I pray it’s not week 1-2 (when we are traveling, so opener is also out) or Christmas (but Christmas is a Wednesday this year, so maybe I can ditch family and pull that off, or bring them?). I love Nashville and it’s a terrific venue adjacent to downtown and the Gulch. Great excuse to get there!

Hope to get up for an early home game. Can’t wait to see the schedule!!!

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Agreed on the Nashville game, that’s the road game I want to hit and I pray it’s not week 1-2 (when we are traveling, so opener is also out) or Christmas (but Christmas is a Wednesday this year, so maybe I can ditch family and pull that off, or bring them?). I love Nashville and it’s a terrific venue adjacent to downtown and the Gulch. Great excuse to get there!

Hope to get up for an early home game. Can’t wait to see the schedule!!!

Nashville is awesome. Used to spend a few weeks there every year for work. We were at the last game there with a big group and it was a blast, Bills fans all over downtown. Stayed at Hotel Indigo near Printers Alley. Small rooms but great location for the weekend festivities.

Most of our group drove down early Friday from Cbus but my wife flew in later that day after work. I’m normally all about a drive, but that Monday return trip was a little rugged. We hit the bars HARD after the game. Prob going with the 1 hr direct flight this time around.

Really hoping the timing works out for this one again, have a few weekends this fall that I already have some obligations for. Looking at one of the NYC games as a second road trip or possible back up if Nashville doesn’t work out. Always love the schedule release day. I’m usually planning out vacation days, booking hotels & flights, etc within minutes! 

8 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Nashville is awesome. Used to spend a few weeks there every year for work. We were at the last game there with a big group and it was a blast, Bills fans all over downtown. Stayed at Hotel Indigo near Printers Alley. Small rooms but great location for the weekend festivities.

Most of our group drove down early Friday from Cbus but my wife flew in later that day after work. I’m normally all about a drive, but that Monday return trip was a little rugged. We hit the bars HARD after the game. Prob going with the 1 hr direct flight this time around.

Really hoping the timing works out for this one again, have a few weekends this fall that I already have some obligations for. Looking at one of the NYC games as a second road trip or possible back up if Nashville doesn’t work out. Always love the schedule release day. I’m usually planning out vacation days, booking hotels & flights, etc within minutes! 

Printers Alley is certainly in the heart of it! Room size doesn’t matter as long as you have a bed and a bath. We used to have a condo there and still have a grandson there. Get back almost monthly. 

I hadn’t thought about NYC, but my wife works there about half the month. Not my dream game trip, but worth considering...... I mean, at least once to cross it off. 

If you make it this year, try to get over to the Gulch. Easy walk or Uber from Broadway/downtown. I do it for a break from the loud music scene. Green Hills, 12 South and the Vandy/Belmont areas a re cool too. Great town! 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

I come in for the home opener every year and always stay at the Embassy downtown. This will be my 14th straight opener. I always book the first two weekends before the schedule is released to ensure I get a room. I called late last week and the first weekend at the hotel is already blocked by "a large group." While most teams stay at the Hyatt, broadcast, at minimum, stays at the Embassy. Also, for last years opener, the Chargers were at the Embassy. Just reading the tea leaves, but I'll lay money the NFL - in some form- has already booked out the hotel. The following week, which would be the second week of the season, is wide open. Take it FWIW. Hope we open at home in week 1. Those games are always the best! 

So that would be Sept 8, right?

10 hours ago, corta765 said:

The NFL likes to balance that yearly and my guess is the Bills open at home vs Miami something they haven't done in week 1 since 1991

I believe the Bills opened at home against Miami in 2010 but it was a forgettable game.

I agree though that the schedule is always exciting.  Time to start planning the games and tailgating.  Hoping we get another MNF game this year.

57 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

I believe the Bills opened at home against Miami in 2010 but it was a forgettable game.

I agree though that the schedule is always exciting.  Time to start planning the games and tailgating.  Hoping we get another MNF game this year.

I wish I could forget that game.  Just horrid.  First game of Chan Gailey’s tenure; Bills’ only TD came on a 4th down pass to Roscoe Parrish and late in the game Trentative Checkwards forgot it was 4th down and ran out of bounds.

1 hour ago, Talley56 said:

Sure was.  And the Bills had the rock with under a minute left, deep in their own territory and that joker, Trent Edwards, STILL wouldn't throw down the field.

I'm targeting the Philadelphia game at home, and the Dallas game on the road.

I wish the NFL would stop being so pretentious and wishy-washy on when they plan to announce the schedule dates. Just pick a date and let the fans know, so there is no guessing.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Talley56 said:

Dear god I’m an idiot, your right and I was at the game. It was pitifully awful concluding with an intentional safety because Chan didn’t trust the offense haha. So only the 2nd week 1 opener vs Miami since 91* lol

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I'd rather play the Patriots  both times first 6 six weeks. They are at there weakest at the start of the season.

I was just about to post the same thing. if you're going to beat them, it'll be during the first month or so. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

I come in for the home opener every year and always stay at the Embassy downtown. This will be my 14th straight opener. I always book the first two weekends before the schedule is released to ensure I get a room. I called late last week and the first weekend at the hotel is already blocked by "a large group." While most teams stay at the Hyatt, broadcast, at minimum, stays at the Embassy. Also, for last years opener, the Chargers were at the Embassy. Just reading the tea leaves, but I'll lay money the NFL - in some form- has already booked out the hotel. The following week, which would be the second week of the season, is wide open. Take it FWIW. Hope we open at home in week 1. Those games are always the best! 

Thanks for the reminder to book rooms now before rates go up. I typically book the first three weekends, but based on your intel, only booked the first weekend this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm targeting the Philadelphia game at home, and the Dallas game on the road.

I wish the NFL would stop being so pretentious and wishy-washy on when they plan to announce the schedule dates. Just pick a date and let the fans know, so there is no guessing.

If I remember correctly it's not that they are wishy washy, it's that literally right up until they announce it they are still tinkering and dealing with stadium availability issues and whatnot.  It really is an incredibly complicated process.

15 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Thanks for the reminder to book rooms now before rates go up. I typically book the first three weekends, but based on your intel, only booked the first weekend this year. 

Jack, your special and you got a gift box no one else got. So spill the schedule now. ?

Once I became “established”, schedule release day took on a whole new importance. Picking games and/or cities to visit is a great time.

I’m hoping Cleveland is a weekend game. I just went there this weekend for the Jays game, and I’d like to go for the Bills game but don’t want to take time off to do so. Pittsburgh is another option I guess.