Bills Allocated Christain Wade (International Pathway Program)

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

I have much respect for rugby players but I don't think he makes it.  The NFL is the most dangerous and violent field of play in the world.  It's the years of technical training that will cause the separation.  The instincts an NFL RB has are learned behaviors and they're just different skill sets. 

RB and KR seems to be easiest to get figured out out of the gate 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

I have much respect for rugby players but I don't think he makes it.  The NFL is the most dangerous and violent field of play in the world.  It's the years of technical training that will cause the separation.  The instincts an NFL RB has are learned behaviors and they're just different skill sets. 

The smart money says you’re probably right. This guy like Efe Obada also from the IPP is a raw athlete. Obada athletically is similar to Julius Peppers but as a DE was miles away technically. I may be completely wrong but I can see RBs having a better chance. Seeing holes and hitting space is a similar skill set though he will be unused to trusting his block and seeing the play unfold. 

Certainly as ST I can see him being a valuable role player and he’s cheap and doesn’t take up roster space.

The problem comes when you can’t promote him to the roster unless you go all in on him.  He can’t come in mid season so in all likelihood he won’t make the 53 and by the time he is trusted enough to potentially start his opportunity maybe gone. Obada was the first guy from IPP to make a roster at the expense of 4th rnd draft pick Daeshon Hall, but despite winning NFC defensive player of the weak he’s finding it hard to hold down a job on a weak Panthers pass rush.

Anyway good luck to the guy, hope he does well.

Edited by Seoul_panther

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

RB would be almost impossible, but a gunner on ST he’s got a shot. It’ll be fun to watch him in preseason.

5 hours ago, 947 said:

From those highlights, he looks like one the most explosive athletes I've ever seen. Let's see if he can adapt to the game & hang on the football, but damn!.

Yes, but it's relative. He looks explosive vs his competition, but you have to expect that vs NFL athletes it would not look the same. Just a guess.

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Id keep him on the active Roster if we can.  When we are blowing out a team we can get him reps.

If he’s on the active roster he takes up a spot losing his exemption. If he’s not then he gets roster exemption but is unpromotable in any circumstance during the season. So in that way the IPP is a bit of a catch 22 for the player and the team...

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

RB and KR seems to be easiest to get figured out out of the gate 

I disagree.  I think RB is one of the most underrated skill sets.  Understanding the playbook and knowing where to be and go,  is not something you pick up fast.  His head will be spinning for sure.  There's a definite art to running, understanding the offensive line/defense, when to abandon the "called" hole and it's a brutal position physically.  

KR? Maybe 

Edited by White Linen
  • Like (+1) 1

He actually had a pro day, and ran a 4.53 40.  I didn't see any other stats.  That is a good speed, but not off the charts.  It looks like he's real tough with great balance.  It will be interesting to see if he can make the transition.  There are things that look similar about the two games, but there are things that are very, very different.

5 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

I am surprised that I've never heard of any interest in Dan Norton from the England Sevens team. A guy I went to school with played Sevens for Scotland and reckons that Norton is the fastest human being he's ever seen.

Said same Dan Norton.

Some mad natural ability on display. Runs like Shady but looks a lot taller.

Wonder if he's interested in the program.

• Like (+1) 1