Bills Allocated Christain Wade (International Pathway Program)

• 3 weeks later...

I think he makes it IF he can stomach high impact collisions... -He'll also have to get used to holding onto the ball in big-hit situations...This is a guy who knows what it means to perform consistently at the professional level...He may even be able to pass on a few tips onto our RB room!...

I'm excited to see C-Wade play... If that breakaway speed can translate, it could bring new meaning to the term BREXIT.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I think he makes it IF he can stomach high impact collisions... -He'll also have to get used to holding onto the ball in big-hit situations...This is a guy who knows what it means to perform consistently at the professional level...He may even be able to pass on a few tips onto our RB room!...

I'm excited to see C-Wade play... If that breakaway speed can translate, it could bring new meaning to the term BREXIT.

He's going to have to really nail it to make the 53 instead of riding it out on his extra spot on the practice squad.

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He's going to have to really nail it to make the 53 instead of riding it out on his extra spot on the practice squad.

No question.  -His impact will need to be felt immediately... If it is, Binky and the Beane will be getting props left and right.

NFL is opening a player academy in the UK now too. Will start in September in London with an initial intake of 80 talented sportsmen aged 16-18. The idea being that the cream might be able to earn scholarships at US college programmes.

I have long since said if the NFL is genuinely serious about expansion into Europe - through the UK and Germany most likely - it has to grow its talent base by getting more European guys who can play at the NFL level.

7 hours ago, #34fan said:

LOL 

Have you ever watched Rugby or Auzzie Rules football?       These guys tackle without any pads or helmets 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought he had a chance to stick on the 53 but after them signing TJ Yeldon and drafting Singletary,  there is no way he makes the team.

Bills will be using the free spot on the roster/practice squad with him for sure. 

36 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I thought he had a chance to stick on the 53 but after them signing TJ Yeldon and drafting Singletary,  there is no way he makes the team.

Bills will be using the free spot on the roster/practice squad with him for sure. 

I'm not sure they waste any spots ... these guys come with "an exemption" and do not count against the normal total

One of the NFL’s eight divisions, to be chosen at random, will receive international players should they not be signed to free agent contracts. At the conclusion of training camp, players will be eligible for an international player practice squad exemption. The exemption gives teams space for an eleventh practice squad member, though the player is ineligible to be activated during the season.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I could be wrong, but I thought I read he wasn't eligible for the 53 until he sat on the practice squad for a year. I thought it was part of the rules regarding the international player pathway program to allow people to adjust to the game and North American lifestyle.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'm not suer they waste any spots ... these guys come with "an exception" and do not count against the normal total

I know I said I think thats where he will be stashed, on the "free spot" or exempt spot. I thought he had a chance before Yeldon/Singletary was signed/drafted.

1 minute ago, Klapaucius said:

I could be wrong, but I thought I read he wasn't eligible for the 53 until he sat on the practice squad for a year. I thought it was part of the rules regarding the international player pathway program to allow people to adjust to the game and North American lifestyle.

it took a second to google it ...  

see my edited post 

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

I know I said I think thats where he will be stashed, on the "free spot" or exempt spot. I thought he had a chance before Yeldon/Singletary was signed/drafted.

morning eyes ....    f

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/11/2019 at 1:43 AM, GreggTX said:

I try not to engage in unwarranted projection this early on, but I'm really excited about this guy's potential. I suppose anything's possible at this point, but his resume is impressive. He's definitely tough enough to play in the NFL.

If Wade keeps it up, the Bills may change their offensive plans.

I feel like this guys speed and the open field running background of his rugby days really suits the return game in the nfl. I’m wondering why he hasn’t gotten any burn in camp on return duties... or has he? 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1