Bills Allocated Christain Wade (International Pathway Program)

Yes it is a highlights tape - but his elusiveness just jumps out. And looks like he might not be bad in space and with ball security.  With the oldest backfield in NFL history, I will take anything I can get. And Wade looks great. Oh, he can be an asset in the return game as well. Maybe we will see some laterals.

I just hope someone tells him to stay down after he is tackled and not to get that extra yard unless it is needed to move the chains. In the NFL it is a fumble waiting to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

What is the benefit to developing him? Do we at least get rights to him next year?

2 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Yes it is a highlights tape - but his elusiveness just jumps out. And looks like he might not be bad in space and with ball security.  With the oldest backfield in NFL history, I will take anything I can get. And Wade looks great. Oh, he can be an asset in the return game as well. Maybe we will see some laterals.

I just hope someone tells him to stay down after he is tackled and not to get that extra yard unless it is needed to move the chains. In the NFL it is a fumble waiting to happen. 

What is the benefit to developing him? Do we at least get rights to him next year?

I just edited my post..looks like Sal made a mistake

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Yes he could be signed as a Futures Contract if on PS at the end of the year (a normal NFL Contact and not part of the program).  He can make the team immediately out of camp put there would be no roster exemption (has to fit in the 53)

17 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I think part of it is probably the lack of overall speed in their game compared to the NFL but yes, he looks explosive. I remember Carlin Isles a few years back, he looks like a cartoon in some of these...

I am surprised that I've never heard of any interest in Dan Norton from the England Sevens team. A guy I went to school with played Sevens for Scotland and reckons that Norton is the fastest human being he's ever seen.

15 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I am surprised that I've never heard of any interest in Dan Norton from the England Sevens team. A guy I went to school with played Sevens for Scotland and reckons that Norton is the fastest human being he's ever seen.

I mean...if a guy you went to school with reckons it to be true, the Bills should be on the phone right away.

The Bills, as well as the other three AFC East teams, will each get a roster exemption from the NFL, meaning they get an additional spot on their roster for the 2019 season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26470122/former-rugby-star-wade-signs-nfl-bills

Wade only discovered that he had been signed when he spoke to Bills general manager Brandon Beane on the phone on Monday. He joins a roster which includes veteran running backs LeSean McCoy and Frank Gore.

"Who better to learn from?" Wade said. "I'm looking to learn how to survive in the NFL, learn about how they apply themselves and study."

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

I have much respect for rugby players but I don't think he makes it.  The NFL is the most dangerous and violent field of play in the world.  It's the years of technical training that will cause the separation.  The instincts an NFL RB has are learned behaviors and they're just different skill sets. 

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Some rugby highlights... guy is a truck and tough to bring down.

Strong legs, quick acceleration, cut on a dime, hard to bring down. With Shady and Gore in the RB room I'm sure they can help this guy learn the game quick. 

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I have much respect for rugby players but I don't think he makes it.  The NFL is the most dangerous and violent field of play in the world.  It's the years of technical training that will cause the separation.  The instincts an NFL RB has are learned behaviors and they're just different skill sets. 

Yeah, major uphill battle.  But I can see making it as a special teams player.

The Bills will not have to worry about him being fit rugby players have 40 minute halves with few huddle up times. He is use to running without blocking. The only thing for him really is to get use to wearing pads more guys that are fast as him and instead of 15 on 15 it is now just 11on 11 with blocking. Would love to see him succeed with us.