Bills Allocated Christain Wade (International Pathway Program)

Here is something written about him.

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/04/texans-look-rugby-christian-wade-receiver/

What stands out about Wade is his pace. He has explosive pace and great top end speed. Coming from a rugby background he is clearly an athletic individual and he is extremely tough to bring down. He possesses good hands and a good eye for the ball, and when running he can be very elusive.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

They also get a roster exemption for him, so carrying him doesn't effect them at all.

If they decide to keep him at the end of training camp they can get a practice squad exemption as well. 

Yep can carry 91 (with the exemption) and 11 on the PS (if he makes it there)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....kid has some Robert Newhouse thighs.......

Well thighed up those Rugby boys. He'll be well adept in drinking a pint of bitter from a worn sock too.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am actually surprised this is the first year they are using the program.  Gets a free (roster spot) look at a possible poject

I actually thought for a min last year that Botts was one also... watching this vid I can see lots of laterals to Wade lol

8 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Some rugby highlights... guy is a truck and tough to bring down.

Great highlights. 

Without reading the article or knowing anything about the guy.  I'd venture to guess he could have some sort of a future as a RB/special teamer.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

How does this program work, like how did he get assigned to us?

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-players/seven-players-chosen-for-2019-international-pathway-program/

Ahh So A division gets selected and then out of that division teams can sign the chosen players

One of the NFL’s eight divisions, to be chosen at random, will receive international players should they not be signed to free agent contracts. At the conclusion of training camp, players will be eligible for an international player practice squad exemption. The exemption gives teams space for an eleventh practice squad member, though the player is ineligible to be activated during the season.  

Players taking part in the 2019 program:

David Bada, Defensive End, Germany, Age: 23 

Bada currently plays in the German Football League’s top division for the Schwabisch Hall Unicorns. He previously played for the Ingolstadt Dukes, where he developed as a pass rusher.

Moubarak Djeri, Defensive Tackle, Germany, Age: 22

Born in Togo and moved to Germany in 2007, Djeri played for the Cologne Crocodiles of the German Football League. He spent five seasons with the club before trying out for the Arizona Cardinals in 2017. He signed with the Cardinals and participated in OTAs before being released the day before training camp.

Valentine Holmes, Running Back/Wide Receiver/Kick Returner, Australia, Age: 23 

A professional rugby player from Australia’s National Rugby League, Holmes signed his first contract with the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at age 17 and made his professional debut at the age of 19. He represented Australia in the 2017 Rugby World Cup at the winger and fullback positions.

Jakob Johnson, Fullback, Germany, Age: 24

Johnson played for the Stuttgart Scorpions of the German Football League before moving to the United States. He was recruited by the University of Tennessee after playing one season of high school football. Originally recruited as a linebacker, Johnson transitioned to a tight end during his sophomore season.

Durval Neto, Defensive Tackle, Brazil, Age: 25

Neto has played in Brazil for the past four seasons on two of the country’s best teams. The former judo champion prior has been praised for his great athletic ability and willingness to learn.

Maximo Sanchez, Linebacker, Mexico, Age: 25 

Sanchez has played in multiple domestic leagues in Mexico. He was selected to represent the country for Team World against the USA U19 team. He currently plays for Tech Monterrey, one of the best university programs in Mexico.

Christian Wade, Running Back/Kick Returner, England, Age: 27

Wade represented the English National Rugby Team at the U16, U18 and U20 levels and was selected to the British and Irish Lions squad, the highest honor as a rugby player. His 82 Premiership Rugby tries (touchdowns) ranks third on the league’s all-time list.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, 947 said:

From those highlights, he looks like one the most explosive athletes I've ever seen. Let's see if he can adapt to the game & hang on the football, but damn!.

I think part of it is probably the lack of overall speed in their game compared to the NFL but yes, he looks explosive. I remember Carlin Isles a few years back, he looks like a cartoon in some of these...

Edited by Juice_32