The Athletic's 7 Round Mock

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

I mean... He was a rookie backup behind a future wall of famer

I get that...I'm not saying he had to have a DROY showing...just saying at times I forgot he was playing and right now I can't recall how much he rushed the passer...could be just me not remembering well tho..lol

1 hour ago, Tsaikotic said:

I get that...I'm not saying he had to have a DROY showing...just saying at times I forgot he was playing and right now I can't recall how much he rushed the passer...could be just me not remembering well tho..lol

It's not you. He made no impact. He looked tiny and overmatched. He's not the penetrating 3 Tech people are making him out to be. He's a 1 Tech who can play some three. Right now I'd start Jordan Phillips over him at the three as he has more penetrating ability. I'm not writing off Harry, but people are putting a bit too much stock in his improvement. I think he will be a good rotational player for us, but not a dominate starter. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/9/2019 at 8:16 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Only because most reactions on here have been tepid at best, I’m guessing this Mock is probably the closest to what we’ll actually see in a couple of weeks. Rarely do real drafts end up with as much optimistic splash as the ones the fans prefer or predict.

And sometimes the ones that do end up with the optimistic splash turn out to be duds.

The fan consensus was that Lawson, Ragland, & Washington was a draft for the ages. We see how that turned out.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:44 AM, DCOrange said:

https://theathletic.com/909149/2019/04/08/dane-bruglers-mock-draft-5-0-projecting-all-seven-rounds-and-all-254-selections/

Bills Picks:

Buffalo Bills
1 9 DL Rashan Gary
2 40 OT Kaleb McGary
3 74 WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
4 112 TE Josh Oliver
4 131 RB Trayveon Williams
5 147 CB Kris Boyd
5 158 LB Ben Burr-Kirven
6 181 DS Ugo Amadi
7 225 OG Fred Johnson
7 228 PT Mitchell Wishnowsky

There isn’t a thing I like about this draft, other than the positions selected. But I wouldn’t have drafted any single one of these guys. 

Edited by mrags

The position I don't see addressed in the mock is the one I think is probably the highest priority to fill - 3 tech defensive tackle.  While you might plug Rashan Gary there on some obvious passing downs, I think he is a defensive end first and foremost.  The lack of a 3 tech DT is probably the biggest weakness of the mock IMO.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:44 AM, DCOrange said:

https://theathletic.com/909149/2019/04/08/dane-bruglers-mock-draft-5-0-projecting-all-seven-rounds-and-all-254-selections/

Bills Picks:

Buffalo Bills
1 9 DL Rashan Gary
2 40 OT Kaleb McGary
3 74 WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
4 112 TE Josh Oliver
4 131 RB Trayveon Williams
5 147 CB Kris Boyd
5 158 LB Ben Burr-Kirven
6 181 DS Ugo Amadi
7 225 OG Fred Johnson
7 228 PT Mitchell Wishnowsky

Thanks, I hate it.

• Haha (+1) 3

i think dt and pass rusher are the 2 most important needs. i know we can't draft one of each high. i'm not sure how they do it, but if they go edge high, i can see them being able to get a quality 3 tech later. for example daniel wise. bio on nfl.com.

i mean he can be one of a couple dts that they could get (drafting more than one), that turn out to be really good without using a higher round pick.  comes from a family of current and past nfl players and you just can't put a value on that.

that being said, i think a dt can be found later versus an effective pass rusher, which way do they go? who knows...