The Athletic's 7 Round Mock

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Ben Burr-Kirven is my boy!

I really hope he's that 5th round pick for us this year - was thinking it watching him here all season that he could be that LB/S hybrid with high football intelligence we snag in the 5th. But since I want it to happen, likely won't turn out that way either...

Not a huge fan of this one..

Would prefer another pick at 9.. 

Dont mind McGary but not at 40...

Could live with J.J. in the third but hoping they pick another guy earlier..

I wouidnt pick any of the Day 3 guys..

1 hour ago, Tsaikotic said:

don't know anything about players from rd 5 thru 7 ... whats a DS? ... Gary is a DE, oh and look who NFL.com says he compares to - Ezekiel Ansah, anyways Gary at 9 would leave Bills with no DT to take Kyles place.

Kyle's replacement was drafted LAST year.

Now.....I think we should look to get better at the position sure....but the position was addressed a year earlier.   Gotta give these kids time to develop and Horrible Harry was not bad in his rookie year.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Kyle's replacement was drafted LAST year.

Now.....I think we should look to get better at the position sure....but the position was addressed a year earlier.   Gotta give these kids time to develop and Horrible Harry was not bad in his rookie year.

I like Harry but he doesn't seem to be making any sort of impact ... haven't gotten any kind of feel as if he could be a pass rusher... maybe they're just bringing him along slowly, not sure, but so far he seems to be JAG on the rotation.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

I like Harry but he doesn't seem to be making any sort of impact ... haven't gotten any kind of feel as if he could be a pass rusher... maybe they're just bringing him along slowly, not sure, but so far he seems to be JAG on the rotation.

rookie

And Meatball did not hit the ground running in his rookie season either.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

rookie

I guess the mistake I made was saying the next Kyle Williams... I can see Harry as the next Kyle...guess what I should have said was I'm looking for that high impact DT...

3 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

I guess the mistake I made was saying the next Kyle Williams... I can see Harry as the next Kyle...guess what I should have said was I'm looking for that high impact DT...

I am at Oliver or Hock because I think it is going to be hard to trade down

but I think we can also find a DT in the 2nd round of this draft as well

22 hours ago, DCOrange said:

https://theathletic.com/909149/2019/04/08/dane-bruglers-mock-draft-5-0-projecting-all-seven-rounds-and-all-254-selections/

Bills Picks:

Buffalo Bills
1 9 DL Rashan Gary
2 40 OT Kaleb McGary
3 74 WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
4 112 TE Josh Oliver
4 131 RB Trayveon Williams
5 147 CB Kris Boyd
5 158 LB Ben Burr-Kirven
6 181 DS Ugo Amadif
7 225 OG Fred Johnson
7 228 PT Mitchell Wishnowsky

This (top 3 picks) would be Aaron Maybin level awful for me. Even though I cant see who is available at those spots, I'd imagine there are better options.

I do like the 4th round picks and the punter!!

Only because most reactions on here have been tepid at best, I’m guessing this Mock is probably the closest to what we’ll actually see in a couple of weeks. Rarely do real drafts end up with as much optimistic splash as the ones the fans prefer or predict.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, P51 said:

This (top 3 picks) would be Aaron Maybin level awful for me. Even though I cant see who is available at those spots, I'd imagine there are better options.

I do like the 4th round picks and the punter!!

Some of the guys that went shortly after those first 3 picks (focusing on positions that would make at least some sense for Buffalo are):

#9: Devin Bush, Andre Dillard, Christian Wilkins, DK Metcalf, Brian Burns, Jonah Williams, TJ Hockenson

#40: Chris Lindstrom, Justin Layne, Dalton Risner, DeAndre Baker, Hakeem Butler, DreMont Jones

#74: Dawson Knox, Miles Sanders, Damien Harris, Nate Davis, David Montgomery, Kelvin Harmon

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Some of the guys that went shortly after those first 3 picks (focusing on positions that would make at least some sense for Buffalo are):

#9: Devin Bush, Andre Dillard, Christian Wilkins, DK Metcalf, Brian Burns, Jonah Williams, TJ Hockenson

#40: Chris Lindstrom, Justin Layne, Dalton Risner, DeAndre Baker, Hakeem Butler, DreMont Jones

#74: Dawson Knox, Miles Sanders, Damien Harris, Nate Davis, David Montgomery, Kelvin Harmon

The bold would be my choices instead. Rather have a versatile OL like Jonah than Hock. TE seems like a reach at 9. Wilkins, maybe.

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Thank you for posting those options, I appreciate it!

At 9: Wilkins (fits character traits and positional need to a T, ideally IMO trade down target), Burns (Added 20 lb's and still athletically dominated the combine, fits Character as well, pick 9 is fine with me), Williams (if they believe he can play T dtaLB is not a need and Dillard does not fit the physical style, but as a pass blocking LT would fit, especially if they believe Dawkins could slide over to RT full time. Tough choice for me between Hock and Burns, but I go Burns (positional value primarily) here. Immediate impact on the pass rush opposite Hughes and a long term solution given the contractual and age state of the DE position and pass rush. Would be really comfortable moving down to 15 in this situation w/5 guys I like still on the board and a QB being picked at 9.

At 40: DeAndre Baker is an easy value pick, although Im trying to figure out his character concerns, Risner could be a back up C, and RT option for now or the future, good value. Lindstrom would be a fantastic value pick, but I think they are happy at G for now. Going Risner here, positional versatility and long term RT. 

At 74: Is Kahale Warring available? Im just starting to evaluate Knox, but like what I see for sure and think he can be more productive all around TE in the NFL than he was at Ole Miss. If Warring is available I go him for now, but Knox ability to get vertical and block works as well given what I think they want in a TE.

9 - Brian Burns (Edge/DPR - FSU)

40 - Dalton Risner (RT/C/G - Kansas St.)

74 - Dawson Knox (TE - Ole Miss)

Thats what I would do. 

Edited by P51

5 minutes ago, P51 said:

At 74: Is Kahale Warring available? Im just starting to evaluate Knox, but like what I see for sure and think he can be more productive all around TE in the NFL than he was at Ole Miss. If Warring is available I go him for now, but Knox ability to get vertical and block works as well given what I think they want in a TE.

Yes, he has Warring going at #98, so he would be an option. I agree; he's really intriguing to me. I think I'd prefer your first 3 picks over what Brugler has as well, though I think I'd lean towards Wilkins over Burns. I also might prefer DK over both of them, but it's tough with DK for me. I think he's a great prospect, but the WR class is so deep that there's a serious opportunity cost to taking DK at #9 even if I think he has elite potential and an under-the-radar kinda high floor IMO (if his medicals check out).

Edited by DCOrange

23 hours ago, Magox said:

I do not like Rashan Gary as my #9 overall pick.  He certainly has the pedigree and athleticism but the production simply isn't there.  With that said, if there is something that Beane/McD see in him and they believe they could make him into a good player, I trust their player evaluations specially on the defensive side.   I like Arcega, great production, route running ability, hands, 50/50 ability and instincts.   I question his ability to get good separation but for a third rounder, I think he'd be a solid pick.   

The Bills I do believe are going to look for someone with some size at the WR postion this year through the draft and he's certainly an option.

This is my issue with Gary - lack of production.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:53 AM, DCOrange said:

Yes, he has Warring going at #98, so he would be an option. I agree; he's really intriguing to me. I think I'd prefer your first 3 picks over what Brugler has as well, though I think I'd lean towards Wilkins over Burns. I also might prefer DK over both of them, but it's tough with DK for me. I think he's a great prospect, but the WR class is so deep that there's a serious opportunity cost to taking DK at #9 even if I think he has elite potential and an under-the-radar kinda high floor IMO (if his medicals check out).

Warring would be the easy pick for me at 74 then, I think there is a good chance he doesn’t make it out of the 2nd though.

I could see them going with Wilkins over Burns, who I’m surprised isn’t getting more love in general from draftniks and I’ve even heard several critiques for adding weight and going down the Maybin path, but it’s actually the opposite with Burns. I think he has the best tool box regarding pure pass rushing skills of anyone in the draft, athleticism and techniques are both plus’s for me.

I agree reed with you on DK, but the medicals on him are huge, something id love to know/see, but won’t and we’ll find out at the draft, he’s got top 10 talent imo. Pre Fa I thought he was a possibility at 9, now I don’t but I could see them taking him later one way or another.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:55 AM, John from Riverside said:

rookie

Nah, Kyle was good right from the beginning. As good as he would become? No, but very good. 54 tackles as a rookie DT and generally looked like he'd be a good player and a terrific bargain.

On 4/9/2019 at 9:18 PM, DCOrange said:

Good post. Thanks.

On 4/8/2019 at 11:08 AM, NewDayBills said:

The Trayveon Williams pick was nice. Didn't care for the rest.

Well, the last of the old all-Williams team just retired, time to start a new one, this time on the offensive side of the ball.

On 4/8/2019 at 12:48 PM, Tsaikotic said:

I mean... He was a rookie backup behind a future wall of famer