TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

With the 19th overall pick, the Tennessee Titans select Clelin Ferrell.  The Pittsburgh Steelers @frostbitmic are on the clock.

Positions considered here:

- Edge

- WR

- IOL

The Titans are looking to make their offense more explosive. However, with Metcalf, Fant and Hock off the board, they can find value at WR and TE in later rounds.

This pick was between Ferrell and Cody Ford, but ultimately Vrabel gets another pass rusher to be the successor to Cam Wake. The addition of Saffold and Humphries also factors in.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Logic said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Have you SEEN their WR depth chart? It isn't pretty. 

with Metcalf their starting 3 would be Tate at X, Metcalf at Z, Shepard at Slot. Seems formidable.

I was pretty much between Metcalf, Dillard, Ferrell, and Wilkins. Wilkins felt like overkill, Felt comfortable with OL/Edge at 37 & 95 based on who was available still.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, section122 said:

How happy would Skins fans be!  They don't have to trade up and Haskins falls right in there lap.  I think they would run to the podium if the draft played out like this.

as an aside if you want to tag someone just type the @ symbol first then start typing their name.  That will send them a notification.  The site will autofill and give you suggestions as well @Wsam4031

yea that's what i was thinking. if they can stay put and grab his i think theyd be real happy. thanks for the pointer on the @. I did not know that

• Like (+1) 1

With the 20 selection in the 2019 NFL draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select ... Abdurraham Ibn "Rock"

Ya-Sin - CB - Temple

At 6'2" and 190 lb ... soon to be heavier after a few Roethlisburgers... we need a CB to match up with Cleveland's new WR and AJ Green of the Bengals ... Besides, doesn't Rock Ya-Sin sound like a name made in Steeler heaven ?

BTW @Bills2Ref and the Seahawks are up.

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

With the 20 selection in the 2019 NFL draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select ... Abdurraham Ibn "Rock"

Ya-Sin - CB - Temple

At 6'2" and 190 lb ... soon to be heavier after a few Roethlisburgers... we need a CB to match up with Cleveland's new WR and AJ Green of the Bengals ... Besides, doesn't Rock Ya-Sin sound like a name made in Steeler heaven ?

BTW @Bills2Ref and the Seahawks are up.

Corner is a good pick for them, and I like Ya-Sin (that was fun to type) but I wonder if Murphy isn't a more likely pick? I haven't paid much attention to CB though... 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Corner is a good pick for them, and I like Ya-Sin (that was fun to type) but I wonder if Murphy isn't a more likely pick? I haven't paid much attention to CB though... 

26 (Murphy) & 29 (Ya-Sin) on DJ's current top 50, so seems like a toss up. Could definitely see it being a preference pick based on what a team likes to see from their corners.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

26 (Murphy) & 29 (Ya-Sin) on DJ's current top 50, so seems like a toss up. Could definitely see it being a preference pick based on what a team likes to see from their corners.

Definitely, and Cornerback is the position I understand the least, so scheme fit and all of that are completely over my head.

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

With pick 21 Seattle is proud to select CB Byron Murphy from Washington. 

@Watkins101 as the Houston Texans, you are on the clock

Good pick. Good fit for what Seattle does on defense.

25 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Definitely, and Cornerback is the position I understand the least, so scheme fit and all of that are completely over my head.

Excuse me sir.  This is the internet, we don't admit to things being over our head here.  Instead we pick a position regardless of our subject knowledge, dig our heels in, and pretend we have all the answers.

• Haha (+1) 6

37 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Ya Sin is a pretty raw player whose probably more of a man to man guy but his technique is raw. Has a lot of upside though. Murphy is the much more refined player, but a prototype zone corner who can play man. A guy like a Murphy would be perfect for McDermott's or Seattle's system. Think a jacked up version of Taron Johnson. They are pretty much the same size on paper, but Murphy is bigger becuase it's just distributed differently. Both are not particularly fast. Murphy loves to hit and simply makes a ton of plays. He was a big time receiver in high school as well, so he has good ball skills. I really like Murphy if he slips into the 30s for a trade up. Doubt he get some that far. I'm kind of eh on Ya Sin, but both guys can play. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

With the 18th the, the Minnesota Vikings select Andre Dilliard, OT, Washington St.

I, Rick Spielman, ROYALLY screwed up by paying big bucks to Riley Reiff to be our LT.  I still have nightmares about watching Jerry “JERRRRRRRRY” Hughes become Reiffs daddy before my very eyes. Drafting Dilliard allows us to move Reiff inside to guard, where we can try him out before we cut him next season.  

@MTLBills and the poll cheating titans are on the clock.

I don't know man, you ar replacing one short armed, light in the pants left tackle with another short armed, light in the pants left tackle. But Reiff can certainly benefit from a move inside. Perhaps they would both be fine in the Kubiak finesse zone blocking scheme.

Edited by MrEpsYtown

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

In a meeting. I’ll update the main page around 1230 est

High level business meeting? 

Edit: just reading the comments now, you guys are too quick for me. Well played.

Edited by HomeTeam