TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

team needs (for the panthers) include defensive end, offensive tackle, offensive guard, safety, running back, linebacker, nickel corner back and receiver. 

Pulled that from an article.  They have met with Sweat (gone) Burns (gone) and Dillard (available).  Everything I see says edge is the biggest need though.

some help for you @BuffaloHokie13 :D

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

team needs (for the panthers) include defensive end, offensive tackle, offensive guard, safety, running back, linebacker, nickel corner back and receiver. 

Pulled that from an article.  They have met with Sweat (gone) Burns (gone) and Dillard (available).  Everything I see says edge is the biggest need though.

If BuffaloHokie13 doesn't materialize in short order, I'm happy to make a Panthers pick :D

8 minutes ago, section122 said:

Burns is still there I believe

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Go for it, I'm stepping into a meeting and I pick after them so I feel compromised.

Sweet, thanks. I'll take five minutes and review needs and available players and then make the pick.

I'll make this short and sweet, since it wasn't originally my pick and since this one's a no-brainer to me.

Seeing the crying need for improvement along the edges, and seeing who is left...

With the 16th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft (and the permission of BuffaloHokie13, who was picking for another dude, but all of them are in high level business meetings), the Carolina Panthers select Brian Burns, Edge Rusher, Florida State.

Panthers GM Marty Hurney (possessed by the spirit of message board poster Logic) can't believe his luck here that Burns is available. The Panthers stooge who runs the card up to the podium moves so fast that he nearly trips over his own feet. With Burns' length, athleticism, and explosion, Carolina feels like it's drafting a proper heir apparent to Julius Peppers. 

@BuffaloHokie13  is up, when he's done with his high level business meeting.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, section122 said:

This draft is showing how good a trade down would be. 

Still on the board are Clelin Ferrel and Chrsitian Wilkins for those of you that favor D line.  Your pick of any wr if you want to go that route.  Or Dillard if you thought O-line was the biggest need. 

(caveat of if Oliver is off the board) at least imho.

Ok

Now do why a team is going to give up picks to move up in the same situation.....

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Ok

Now do why a team is going to give up picks to move up in the same situation.....

Yesssss.

On "Moving the Chains" on Sirius XM, Pat Kirwan's rule (because he always got so many fans saying "Trade down"!), is that if that's the route you take in your mock, you have to explain WHY the other team traded UP and who THEY'RE taking, and why the need for that team is so great that they're willing to move up. I like that rule.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'll make this short and sweet, since it wasn't originally my pick and since this one's a no-brainer to me.

Seeing the crying need for improvement along the edges, and seeing who is left...

With the 16th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft (and the permission of BuffaloHokie13, who was picking for another dude, but all of them are in high level business meetings), the Carolina Panthers select Brian Burns, Edge Rusher, Florida State.

Panthers GM Marty Hurney (possessed by the spirit of message board poster Logic) can't believe his luck here that Burns is available. The Panthers stooge who runs the card up to the podium moves so fast that he nearly trips over his own feet. With Burns' length, athleticism, and explosion, Carolina feels like it's drafting a proper heir apparent to Julius Peppers. 

@BuffaloHokie13  is up, when he's done with his high level business meeting.

As the GM of the Pittsburgh Steelers I have one word for you ... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Ok

Plenty of reasons. 

Usually QB generated.  If teams think the Broncos are locked in on a QB then the Bills would be a natural trade partner.  

Disparity in rankings or different positional needs.  If someone has a big gap between the next 2 available o-lineman (for example if someone wanted Jonah Williams) then they might want to secure "their guy."  Think Bills with Zay Jones.

Don't forget as well that the Bills could move the pick at a slight discount.  If they have a bunch of guys they like and can slide back a little while picking up a 3rd or something teams might be interested.  Think when the Raiders traded pick 3 to the Dolphins so they could pick Dion Jordan and the Raiders could get their guy.  

With the 18th the, the Minnesota Vikings select Andre Dilliard, OT, Washington St.

I, Rick Spielman, ROYALLY screwed up by paying big bucks to Riley Reiff to be our LT.  I still have nightmares about watching Jerry “JERRRRRRRRY” Hughes become Reiffs daddy before my very eyes. Drafting Dilliard allows us to move Reiff inside to guard, where we can try him out before we cut him next season.  

@MTLBills and the poll cheating titans are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

They are my other candidate to tank this season. This pick makes sense.

I was very close to taking Christian Wilkins to pair with Quinnen Williams. I don't think they're sold on this QB class, so they may as well stock up on pieces around the QB.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

With the 17th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the New York 'football' Giants select DK Metcalf, WR, Eli Manning's Alma Mater.

@NewEra and the Minnesota Vikings are on the clock.

Ravens fans will not be pleased with you.

But I think you did them a favor 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I was very close to taking Christian Wilkins to pair with Quinnen Williams. I don't think they're sold on this QB class, so they may as well stock up on pieces around the QB.

Man. Getting Quinnen Williams and DK Metcalf in the first round would be AWESOME for the Giants. Wow. I'd trade my pinky toe for the Bills to get those two guys in round 1.