2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

not at all, i watch the Leafs and that's about it

again i have no interest in hockey outside the end of the Leafs season

i couldn't ID more than 2 players on each team, they all look the same in the current equipment standards, very few show any superior skills that i could notice from years ago

fraud is a heavy word to toss around, i let judges determine it usually...  :D

i will see how the TV ratings are for Canadian viewers for the rest of the playoffs.....

Well, you did call me a liar the other day.  

I think you're an entertaining poster, though.  

51 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Sounds like typical leafs “fan”. 

that's a fair argument.

practically NOBODY watches hockey or baseball playoffs after their team is out, the Yankees will hold a good national audience because of hate and tradition

Carolina and Columbus?  wouldn't even wipe my ***** with that.

Edited by row_33

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that's a fair argument.

practically NOBODY watches hockey or baseball playoffs after their team is out, the Yankees will hold a good national audience because of hate and tradition

This is untrue.  You're saying that only fans of teams in baseball playoffs watch the games -- as well as fans of baseball who don't live in a city with a ream?  What makes pro playoffs different from NCAA tournament or Football championship/bowl games?  Only alumna watch?  

28 minutes ago, snafu said:

This is untrue.  You're saying that only fans of teams in baseball playoffs watch the games -- as well as fans of baseball who don't live in a city with a ream?  What makes pro playoffs different from NCAA tournament or Football championship/bowl games?  Only alumna watch?  

baseball playoffs are hopelessly dismal for ratings unless the Yankees are playing, thought I saw the median age of fans watching is into the 60s now for the regular season and high-50s for the playoffs

The NCAA and NFL get it over quick, most fans have some kind of pool or $$$ riding on the games to help them out.

it's not an inconvenience for fans who watch football constantly to watch 4 NFL playoffs games on a weekend, it's actually one of the best freaking things of the sports calendar for back2back 4 game weekends.

Rogers in Canada spent a bloodbath fortune on the NHL package and ESPN did the same for MLB, there is no way they aren't regretting every second of this...

--------------------------------------------------------------

and I'm going to play the Canadian Card here and sneer on how amusing it is for Americans to think they know hockey.

(it's all we have left... so please let us have this false view....)

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

--------------------------------------------------------------

and I'm going to play the Canadian Card here and sneer on how amusing it is for Americans to think they know hockey.

(it's all we have left... so please let us have this false view....)

Hockey isn't complex.

21 minutes ago, snafu said:

Hockey isn't complex.

I think it is.  I still couldn't tell you when they are cycling the puck or employing the neutral zone trap.  

4 hours ago, GG said:

Fraud, as in claiming that you're a hockey fan.    Any true hockey fan would love every one of these games.

The Islanders are a good and tough team. They play a suffocating brand of hockey that I find unpalatable. They are a team I have no interest in watching. 

Are we seriously playing this game again where we tell people whether or not they're real fans?  It's incredibly arrogant so think that everyone should think exactly the same way you do.  Seriously folks, drop this petty line of BS.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, shrader said:

Are we seriously playing this game again where we tell people whether or not they're real fans?  It's incredibly arrogant so think that everyone should think exactly the same way you do.  Seriously folks, drop this petty line of BS.

The distinction this time is clarifying a fan of the sport vs a fan of a team.   You can't claim to like a sport, but then say you will not watch the playoff games, which are the best games of the year.

It's not the same as questioning someone's fandom for criticizing a team.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:59 PM, row_33 said:

that's a fair argument.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You didn’t even watch your own team. 

4 hours ago, BigMcD said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. You didn’t even watch your own team. 

He's right though.

I love hockey and I will tell you with a straight face the ratings for the NHL playoffs are horrible and have always been.

The last time the NHL ratings were good in the US was the 1994 ECF Devils-Rangers.

I wish I could lie to you and tell the ratings for hockey are good here in the US, but they are not.

9 hours ago, njbuff said:

He's right though.

I love hockey and I will tell you with a straight face the ratings for the NHL playoffs are horrible and have always been.

The last time the NHL ratings were good in the US was the 1994 ECF Devils-Rangers.

I wish I could lie to you and tell the ratings for hockey are good here in the US, but they are not.

I just read an article earlier in the week talking about Monday Night Raw had it's lowest ratings in years and reading about the numbers and dropoff but then later in the article it mentioned how they still beat out the NHL playoffs that night and it made me shed a tear inside.

Just now, Helpmenow said:

Carolina looks real good, 8-0 wins in the playoffs

I feel like they are being completely ignored by Cbus sports media. They keep saying the Jackets have played the two best teams so far in Tampa and Boston. Not sure about that