2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

Last night's Wash vs. CAR game was the least interesting double OT Game 7 you will ever witness.

Both teams looked dead and the Caps looked disinterested after a strong start.

Looking forward to the Col vs. Bos series which I think will be very good.

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I thought WAS looked absolutely cooked in OT, at least Carolina kept getting shots on goal.  

Agreed, I didn't stay up until the end but I watched the first 15:00 or so of OT and Carolina was dominating.  I saw this a.m. WAS only had 6 SOG through both OTs.  That's awful.

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Last night's Wash vs. CAR game was the least interesting double OT Game 7 you will ever witness.

Both teams looked dead and the Caps looked disinterested after a strong start.

Looking forward to the Col vs. Bos series which I think will be very good.

I agree...and the fans were dead too..still on the stanley cup hangover a iguess

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

hard to keep the candle burning when your team is out.

just ask all the Sabres fans that switched it off a month ago   lol 

55 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I agree...and the fans were dead too..still on the stanley cup hangover a iguess

I wan't there but it seemed loud to me.   The guys in the booth were practically yelling to each other. 

31 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I wan't there but it seemed loud to me.   The guys in the booth were practically yelling to each other. 

i saw the Sabres were close to the playoffs in January and then a month later looked again and blammo.....

i always fiercely cheered for my Leafs in the early 80s, but the Norris division let you get a playoff spot going 25-48-9, and you seriously could get to the semi-finals on top of that.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Cheap shot at Sabres fans. Coooome on 

46 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i saw the Sabres were close to the playoffs in January and then a month later looked again and blammo.....

i always fiercely cheered for my Leafs in the early 80s, but the Norris division let you get a playoff spot going 25-48-9, and you seriously could get to the semi-finals on top of that.

I recall seeing them just a few games / points out of it.  

6 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Cheap shot at Sabres fans. Coooome on 

No, not really I was speaking to a few members here that told me that exact thing.  

Want their names?   ;)    ;)   :lol: :lol:

12 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

That to me is sad. A lot of Americans are missing out on how good hockey is. 

If they don't by now they never will. Draft is only 2 nights and one afternoon... once it's over the true dead zone of the NFL begins, but the NHL playoffs will go on.

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

That to me is sad. A lot of Americans are missing out on how good hockey is. 

A major problem is games start later out West and i have no idea when they are going to end, might be 3 in the morning

no thanks

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

A major problem is games start later out West and i have no idea when they are going to end, might be 3 in the morning

no thanks

what's really cool is they got this newfangled contraption called a DVR!!!!!!!

Seriously, I DVR almost every game, even the east coasters when it hits OT I check out...and when ya old like me you wake at 4 AM and gives you something to watch!

Now I am also old enough I don't have to check my phone first thing when I wake up..so it's live to me!

I will have two TVs going tonight..one NFL one NHL!!

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

what's really cool is they got this newfangled contraption called a DVR!!!!!!!

Seriously, I DVR almost every game, even the east coasters when it hits OT I check out...and when ya old like me you wake at 4 AM and gives you something to watch!

Now I am also old enough I don't have to check my phone first thing when I wake up..so it's live to me!

I will have two TVs going tonight..one NFL one NHL!!

not a hope that i care enough to tape a game and then watch the next morning if i couldn't watch it reasonably live....

i'm in the midst of a serious case load since February and can barely care about watching games i care about....

Holy crap.

Bills make their pick (I'm happy) and I check in on hockey. Still 1-0 Bruins around mid period. Gonna have to catch the end. Life intercedes, I check back soon after and it's 2-1 BJ's. Flip channels in time for the tying goal. 

I hope these teams beat the f out of each other in case the Isles advance