2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Uh.....could you be more specific?  ?

goalie interference changes not by the year, or by the game, but by the period. Calls like last night are made cause the result  looks bad.,

and don't getting me started on Department Of PLayer Safety

Edited by plenzmd1

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i did not see that as a cheap shot at all..unfortunate result, but the little cross check that started the whole thing happens after 50% of the faceoffs in the playoffs and is never called. Then to call it a major and intent to injure is awful, strictly a result of Pavelski being knocked out and bleeding due to the awkward fall.

Just an awful call, but that's what ya sign up for when you are a fan of a league that makes it up as they go along

They will fix this by eventually allowing reviews of major penalties. 

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

goalie interference changes not by the year, or by the game, but by the period. Calls like last night are made cause the result  looks bad.,

I was pointing out all of us probably have seen the same irregularities in many of the sports we watch.  ‘Balls and strikes’ calls from baseball probably irk some, but they seem minor in comparison to other examples from other sports.  (“Just give it to them”)

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i did not see that as a cheap shot at all..unfortunate result, but the little cross check that started the whole thing happens after 50% of the faceoffs in the playoffs and is never called. Then to call it a major and intent to injure is awful, strictly a result of Pavelski being knocked out and bleeding due to the awkward fall.

Just an awful call, but that's what ya sign up for when you are a fan of a league that makes it up as they go along

he set up a hefty cross check to the face before the puck was dropped

that's the definition of a cheap shot

it escalated as the man then pinballed into the stick of another opponent and down he went

i don't think the original shot deserved a major, but you are responsible for what happens, and a man down on the ice (even for 20% good reason) is a bad thing to have from your cheap shot...

• Like (+1) 1

It has always kind of been that way.  The cross-check was flagrant enough and the aftermath was bad enough where the call wasn't all too shocking to me.  In a 3-0 game, it should have been manageable.  I have seen 5 minute major powerplays just melt off time if the PK gets the upper hand.

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

he set up a hefty cross check to the face before the puck was dropped

that's the definition of a cheap shot

it escalated as the man then pinballed into the stick of another opponent and down he went

i don't think the original shot deserved a major, but you are responsible for what happens, and a man down on the ice (even for 20% good reason) is a bad thing to have from your cheap shot...

There was no cross-check to the face, and it was not hefty..it was to his chest, threw him off balance and into Statsny. Stasney does nothing wrong, he is trying to get to his man at the point. The result was awful, but that does not make it a major penalty. 

Again, watch the refs on the play..not one inch does an arm move when the check occurred, never went up as play continued..only reason play stopped was a lineman realized Pavelski was out cold and called for time..refs then get together and say" ( I am guessing)

that looks bad, did you see it?

Nope

Did you?

Nope

Well, lit looks really bad..  , lets call this major and intent to injure cause he is knocked out cold.

11 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Giving up four goals in a ten minute PP would have been embarrassing.

LV went from lovable underdogs to ‘STFU and  I’m glad you’re out’ in less than one year.

i mean like not even the Leafs could biff it like that....

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Marchessault: Penalty on Vegas 'stole' Game 7

Awwwwe  what was it someone said about bitching about the refs?  :death:

Deal with it.   LOL :)

Did he mention how the refs stole game 2 from the Sharks??? There were actually two crosschecks on Pavelski by two different players. I was pissed they weren't 2 men down!

10 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Game for the ages, incredible series. GO SHARKS!!!!!

So glad they don't play again until Friday. I was dreading a Thursday game for a couple of reasons. That series was punishing and emotionally they have to come down. Nathan McKinnon is no joke. The Sharks will have to get their shite together and the extra day will be needed imho.

27 minutes ago, Dante said:

Did he mention how the refs stole game 2 from the Sharks??? There were actually two crosschecks on Pavelski by two different players. I was pissed they weren't 2 men down!

So glad they don't play again until Friday. I was dreading a Thursday game for a couple of reasons. That series was punishing and emotionally they have to come down. Nathan McKinnon is no joke. The Sharks will have to get their shite together and the extra day will be needed imho.

Congrats on your Sharks winning. Crazy game! Crazy series! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

3-2 end of 2 

high stick leaves a Caps player bloody and no penalty on the Canes.  

This 3rd period coming up will be intense... leave it all on the ice. Hope the Canes find a way.

• Thank you (+1) 1