2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

11 minutes ago, The Senator said:

The Sabres.

say no more....

i enjoyed watching the French Connection during the 70s, Sabres games were on the black and white rabbit eared TV for which i had a pair of pliers to change the channel when the dial broke

poor Sabres couldn't stand up to the B's or Broad Street Bullies when it mattered...

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

say no more....

i enjoyed watching the French Connection during the 70s, Sabres games were on the black and white rabbit eared TV for which i had a pair of pliers to change the channel when the dial broke

poor Sabres couldn't stand up to the B's or Broad Street Bullies when it mattered...

Didn’t much care for the Habs either - Lafleur, Richard, Cournoyer, Maholivich (both of ‘em), Lamaire, Lapointe, Savard...hated ‘em all.

Dryden too, even though he went to Cornell!

And thought Bowman was the biggest d**k in the world, until he became Sabres coach.  I believe he still lives in Buffalo.

Edited by The Senator

Didn’t much care for the Habs either - LaFleur, Richard, Cournoyer, Maholivich (both of ‘em), Lamaire, Lapointe, Savard...hated ‘em all.

Dryden too, evn though he went to Cornell!

And thought Bowman was the biggest d**k in the world, until he became Sabres coach.  I believe he still lives in Buffalo.

everyone knew that about Bowman

he was a very fortunate man to be handed defending SC champs or teams that were 99% of the way there, Buffalo was the only time he had to try to build an honest team

then again i have accounting friends who get a headhunting apointment for $300,000 and get paid for a year (after the place goes under after 3 months) and take 2 weeks in Hawaii and then a limo to the headhunters for their next engagement of this nature...

56 minutes ago, T&C said:

Hope the Sharks hang on for the win... wild game in Vegas. 

They did. On a short handed goal of all things! WOOOOOH!

Wow, Martin Jones was masterful tonight. Game 7 on Tuesday. GO SHARKS!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

Took Boston tonight for the 5000.00 win from my Leafs loving buddy. Cha Ching! 

Went double or nothing on game 7!  This time......I took the Leafs!!! 

Wish me luck! 

You both took the Leafs?  How does that work?

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i feel a duty to let the good citizens know about this cat....

And we all appreciate that!

His post was so stupid that I quickly checked his profile and instantly made him as a childish troll posting from his mother’s basement.

I was just gonna take him to school for a little bit but you’re right, better to ignore - and put him on ignore.

And we all appreciate that!

His post was so stupid that I quickly checked his profile and instantly made him as a childish troll posting from his mother’s basement.

I was just gonna take him to school for a little bit but you’re right, better to ignore - and put him on ignore.

some people like bear baiting as a way to pass the time, make sure you know who is who

image.png.9606736c13a170ed411005cc3d44cb63.png

11 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Capitals' Oshie has surgery for broken collarbone

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26570782/capitals-oshie-surgery-broken-collarbone

The Caps said Oshie is out indefinitely, but The Washington Post reported on Saturday that he is "almost certain" to be out for the playoffs.

thx for the update, hope all talent is good to play in the late rounds

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

thx for the update, hope all talent is good to play in the late rounds

I liked that they brought DSP up from Hershey to fill in for TJ. 

They have a few banged up and still not playing ...  I hope that remain healthy too 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Why I love Donskoi. Looked like he was in bad trouble but got up and was out for the next shift. I was worried about him. Playoff hockey baby gotta love it. With guys like this you can go a long way.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Dante said:

Why I love Donskoi. Looked like he was in bad trouble but got up and was out for the next shift. I was worried about him. Playoff hockey baby gotta love it. With guys like this you can go a long way.

That whole sequence starting in the other end was truly great, great, playoff hockey. But what hit me watching this play was just how different hockey is than the other sports when a big, massive hit that looks like a head injury could have occurred. Football the play is over, basketball obviously would be a stoppage in play..hockey they just kept playing. I mean if this dude was knocked out they would just keep playing till the puck got out of the zone right??? Essentially a power play with a dude prone on the ice? 

22 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That whole sequence starting in the other end was truly great, great, playoff hockey. But what hit me watching this play was just how different hockey is than the other sports when a big, massive hit that looks like a head injury could have occurred. Football the play is over, basketball obviously would be a stoppage in play..hockey they just kept playing. I mean if this dude was knocked out they would just keep playing till the puck got out of the zone right??? Essentially a power play with a dude prone on the ice? 

I think if it was that serious they would stop the play. I guess he was moving so they let it go.

12 minutes ago, Dante said:

I think if it was that serious they would stop the play. I guess he was moving so they let it go.

when it happened, he was barely moving on the ice...and initially, i thought it one of those hits where his head bounced of the ice.

BTW, my most hated penalty in all of sports is slashing on a stick..WTF, if you can't hold onto your stick or your stick breaks..that's on you! Stupid stupid penalty