2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

May have to adjust my Canes/Caps prediction. Canes pressed hard and controlled early, but the Caps woke up and have taken command. Interesting to see if Canes don’t crumble.

I took the Canes in that series.

Bruins look flat, crowd is flat, that horrible PP is costing them right now. An icing and then another stupid play causing a penalty shot. Yikes. 

Empty netter by Toronto was sweet... small dagger inserted. 

Tampa going down last night was  the same, both of these series are the main ones I'm watching for round one. 

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

Bruins look flat, crowd is flat, that horrible PP is costing them right now. An icing and then another stupid play causing a penalty shot. Yikes. 

Yeah, nothing to do with the leafs play. 

20 minutes ago, T&C said:

Tampa going down last night was  the same, both of these series are the main ones I'm watching for round one. 

Lol that was crazy cool! 

CBJ won,  and the Leafs / Leaves won and the CAPS won and the Pens lost. 

I'm satisfied thus far. 

9 hours ago, T&C said:

The Caps missed two empty netters facing a 6 on 4 matchup.  after the PK they got an empty netter in the final seconds capping the win  4-2 

9 hours ago, BigMcD said:

Yeah, nothing to do with the leafs play. 

Lol that was crazy cool! 

Leafs played well, their forwards helped their D a lot last night. Didn’t see much of that last year. 

Bruins better come out on fire Saturday or they are in trouble. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I like how the Canes responded to the adversity, especially after dominating the first 10 minutes only to be down 3 zip in the next 10. A young club can often implode. 

Agree that Boston looked flat, but the Leafs had everything to do with why. They were quicker to every puck and made Rask look foolish as well. Lot of pressure on Boston to respond.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I like how the Canes responded to the adversity, especially after dominating the first 10 minutes only to be down 3 zip in the next 10. A young club can often implode. 

Agree that Boston looked flat, but the Leafs had everything to do with why. They were quicker to every puck and made Rask look foolish as well. Lot of pressure on Boston to respond.

the whole thing started out sloppy.  guys were falling all over the place w/o help.

the Canes problems were they tried to out "toughen" the Caps.  Hit hard and take shots, throw punches.   That didn't work so well.   The Caps kept their cool and as the Canes realized their mistake it was too late.   the 2nd period was played well by both teams.  not as sloppy as the 1st.  in the 3rd the Caps relaxed a bit then played tough when it mattered. 

The Caps outplayed the Canes playing 4 men against 6 attackers.  nerve racking yet awesome at the same time 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the whole thing started out sloppy.  guys were falling all over the place w/o help.

the Canes problems were they tried to out "toughen" the Caps.  Hit hard and take shots, throw punches.   That didn't work so well.   The Caps kept their cool and as the Canes realized their mistake it was too late.   the 2nd period was played well by both teams.  not as sloppy as the 1st.  in the 3rd the Caps relaxed a bit then played tough when it mattered. 

The Caps outplayed the Canes playing 4 men against 6 attackers.  nerve racking yet awesome at the same time 

Not surprised, the Caps are a great team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bruins didn't care at all after the first 10 minutes

although i have waited for that game for months and a big Leafs fan, i turned it off when it was 2-1, it was soooooooooooooooo boring, and been a long month at work

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

Bruins didn't care at all after the first 10 minutes

although i have waited for that game for months and a big Leafs fan, i turned it off when it was 2-1, it was soooooooooooooooo boring, and been a long month at work

Sounds like it. :w00t:

Game one results were interesting . But they only game one . Leafs need win their home games . Boston only need win on Saturday and split in Toronto and Toronto locals will be wringing their hands . Just starting way to early to conclude anything 

1 hour ago, millbank said:

Game one results were interesting . But they only game one . Leafs need win their home games . Boston only need win on Saturday and split in Toronto and Toronto locals will be wringing their hands . Just starting way to early to conclude anything 

i would enjoy the Leafs moving on and the Raptors getting bounced in the first round, the opposite of what practically every realistic Toronto sports fan is counting on.

11 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

3-0 Columbus. I did not in my wildest dreams expect them to take the series back to columbus up 2-0 but I love it. I always root for the upset. 

Blue Jackets look awesome so far, but they were up 2-0 over the Caps and returning to Columbus last year and then got swept the next four games. Somehow I think Torts won’t let them forget that. 

57 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

3-0 Columbus. I did not in my wildest dreams expect them to take the series back to columbus up 2-0 but I love it. I always root for the upset. 

4-1 now, I hope tampa goes out in Columbus.