2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

23 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the best game of the 3 early ones last night, probably the best series of the 1st round

Good luck to your Leafs. I don't expect either team to make it that far, but a Leafs/Islanders semi-final would be a lot of fun.

On 4/7/2019 at 11:17 AM, K-9 said:

The NHL playoff format is the worst in sports. 

That said, we need the Sharks and Blues to make first round exits.

My upset special is the Hurricanes in the East. 

Why do you say the playoff format is the worst in sports?  I wish they would get rid of the wild card and make it top 4 in the division make the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Great win by the Sharks tonight.

This will be a very physical & nasty series.

Vegas very dirty last night. Refs were letting a lot go. It was awesome when it was 3 on 3 the Sharks had EK65 AND Burns on the ice. Not to often you will see 2 dmen out there in that situation. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Dante said:

Vegas very dirty last night. Refs were letting a lot go. It was awesome when it was 3 on 3 the Sharks had EK65 AND Burns on the ice. Not to often you will see 2 dmen out there in that situation. 

in Vegas for business on Tuesday, will head to the arena to see if i can get a single for around $100.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Why do you say the playoff format is the worst in sports?  I wish they would get rid of the wild card and make it top 4 in the division make the playoffs. 

Because too often the possibilities exist that the best two records in the conference can play each other in the second round. I get that upsets happen and that’s great, but Tampa Bay vs. Boston or Calgary vs. San Jose shouldn’t be possible until the respective conference finals and not the second round. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

like when the boxer crossed himself before his fight, a fan asked the priest beside him if that would help him, "only if he can really fight" said the priest.

i watched all the action in the Isles/Columbus/Blues games last night, I"m pooped out for more than one game a night now.

Go Leafs Go! Try not to be sacrificial candyasses like you always become when playing Boston or other hard-nosed franchises in the playoffs, for once?

Good luck tonight :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Good luck to your Leafs. I don't expect either team to make it that far, but a Leafs/Islanders semi-final would be a lot of fun.

seems to be a little bit of Isles fan resentment of 91... fully understood...

Do you go to the games?

It's about $250 US for standing room only for the Leafs playoff games.

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

In the Eastern Conference 6 of 16 teams make the playoffs, in the Western it used to be 6 of 14. That was ridiculous, not as bad since Vegas got a team. But worse than that is how they do the playoff seeds.

An example  is what happened to the Rangers in 2015-16. On the last day of the season they edged out the Islanders for 3rd place. The Islanders ended up the first wild card. Rangers path to the conference finals was through the 104 point Penguins and 120 point Capitals, Islanders path was the 103 point Panthers and 97 point Lightning. Rangers got screwed for being ahead of the Islanders in the standings. And I hate the Rangers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

seems to be a little bit of Isles fan resentment of 91... fully understood...

Do you go to the games?

It's about $250 US for standing room only for the Leafs playoff games.

At this point it's more about Tavares than Darcy "Crazy Eyes" Tucker. That '91 series was epic

EDIT: misread your 91 comment, thought you meant the Leafs/Isles series in 2002.

I hadn't been to a game since they moved to Brooklyn, but we went to a game at Nassau Coliseum this year.  

The Coliseum has been nuts since they came back. It's a little smaller and is selling out in part because everyone knows it's not going to last. You can get a good seat in the $100-$150 range depending on the game. Playoff games are probably more like $200-$250. Not worth it to me.

Edited by SinceThe70s

3 hours ago, Dante said:

The Refs did let a lot go last night, we'll see if it remains that way the rest of the series.

That tripping call on Pavelski was bogus, but ironically it set-up the 3 on 3,

The Golden Knights are going to be very physical, but it was great to see the Sharks give it back to them. It will be a brutal series.

The ending confrontation between Kane & Reaves :o

• Like (+1) 1

In the Eastern Conference 6 of 16 teams make the playoffs, in the Western it used to be 6 of 14. That was ridiculous, not as bad since Vegas got a team. But worse than that is how they do the playoff seeds.

An example  is what happened to the Rangers in 2015-16. On the last day of the season they edged out the Islanders for 3rd place. The Islanders ended up the first wild card. Rangers path to the conference finals was through the 104 point Penguins and 120 point Capitals, Islanders path was the 103 point Panthers and 97 point Lightning. Rangers got screwed for being ahead of the Islanders in the standings. And I hate the Rangers.

hockey is probably the most even of the sports for team strength, the 8th seeding honestly has as much chance as the #1 each year

and they give rest and then re-seed after each round

hey, you gotta beat the best to win it all, the West is the one to squawk as i perceive, like the NBA, that it's way stronger in talent than the Eastern counterpart

the Leafs finished way up there in points gleaned and have a 3rd seed in their division...

At this point it's more about Tavares than Darcy "Crazy Eyes" Tucker. That '91 series was epic

EDIT: misread your 91 comment, thought you meant the Leafs/Isles series in 2002.

I hadn't been to a game since they moved to Brooklyn, but we went to a game at Nassau Coliseum this year.  

The Coliseum has been nuts since they came back. It's a little smaller and is selling out in part because everyone knows it's not going to last. You can get a good seat in the $100-$150 range depending on the game. Playoff games are probably more like $200-$250. Not worth it to me.

Tavares got quite the Isles crowd reaction for his return earlier this year, i was laughing the whole time watching the TV

they will have to give a lot of blood to knock off Pittsburgh, wear them out for the Caps...

Leafs playoff tickets are only when the Christmas bonus was lucrative...