I took a long break from this place. It wasn’t so much the infighting, which wears on you, but it was the immaturity of some of the posters that ruin those of us trying to have real conversations/debates. And why are those “children” mostly on the left?  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I took a long break from this place. It wasn’t so much the infighting, which wears on you, but it was the immaturity of some of the posters that ruin those of us trying to have real conversations/debates. And why are those “children” mostly on the left?  

it's those who keep asking "but why??" every time you answer their question

it is only amusing if it's your child

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've never been to Paris. Supposed to be going this summer - Notre Dame was at the top of my list. 

that thing is seriously going down. might have to change your list, unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The early reports are it started in the attic and was caused by the ongoing renovations... but it's early days.

I "think" there are timbers up there (trying to recall from years ago).  Watching CNN-go the spire is totally engulfed.  And, the flames seem to be getting bigger.

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

I "think" there are timbers up there (trying to recall from years ago).  Watching CNN-go the spire is totally engulfed.  And, the flames seem to be getting bigger.

Yeah, I don't know what's fueling that fire but it's spitting flames now. That can't be good.

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The early reports are it started in the attic and was caused by the ongoing renovations... but it's early days.

Authorities warning the building will collapse...

I was wondering about that. The weight of the roofs coming down taking down the walls. Simply horrible.

OMG they just said the flames are just behind the front windows. That means the inside is totally engulfed too (all the banners, seating, alters, organs would be fueling it).

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've never been to Paris. Supposed to be going this summer - Notre Dame was at the top of my list. 

I used to go there quite frequently, including landing the day after Princess Diana was killed.

There are a million other places to go that make it a most enjoyable place.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I was wondering about that. The weight of the roofs coming down taking down the walls. Simply horrible.

OMG they just said the flames are just behind the front windows. That means the inside is totally engulfed too (all the banners, seating, alters, organs would be fueling it).

Oh man... No way it survives this... I have sisters going to Paris on a school trip in June. Crazy stuff.