A Quick Laugh to Get By

Foxx

During the cold war, the east and west competed on many levels.

There was a weather forecast competition between two meteorologists in Germany, Wilhelm, from Democratic West Berlin and Rudolf, from communist East Berlin. 

Berlin was expected to be at the 32 degree isotherm line with precip in the offing.

Wilhelm was adamant that the precip would fall as snow, and Rudolf just as sure that it would be rain.

When the event began they continued to argue.

Eventually, Rudolf won the battle, and Wilhelm admitted to his wife that "Rudolf the red knows rain dear."

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...

Some New Year's Humor

• They say New York City has the best New Year's celebration, but I say it's overrated. Every year they drop the ball.
  • My New Year's resolution was to read more, so I turned on the subtitles on my TV.
  • "Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to." - Bill Vaughan
  • I was going to give up all of my bad habits for the new year, but then I remembered that no one likes a quitter.
  • At the beginning of the year, I made a resolution to lose 15 pounds. Only 20 more to go!
  • I'm not buying a 2021 calendar until I see the trailer.
  • We can't let this year end: That would be admitting that 2021.