A Quick Laugh to Get By

Foxx

That was really interesting and really funny.  I hope it wasn't a scripted set-up, that would be disappointing.  Groucho was so good in how he handled it. 

On 2/26/2021 at 12:09 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Groucho Marx and one of the strangest game show contestants ever.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Maude would say "God will get you for that".  When you're spending Eternity grading stoker coal, look most of us fellow TBDers up.  

No worries. I stopped believing in unprovable fairy tales as a preteen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/4/2021 at 2:32 AM, Chandler#81 said:

F642E222-E3BA-4C21-B9F0-42AC4812A0C9.jpeg

On 3/5/2021 at 12:50 PM, WhoTom said:

Telemarketers in the 23rd Century...

telemarketers.jpg

These two belong together. 

I’ve stopped answering if I don’t know the number. How profitable could that auto warranty scam be? Part of me just wants to follow thru, call the number and go all Stephen A on him screaming like a maniac. 😡

For some reason, it’s gotten MUCH worse in the last few weeks.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve stopped answering if I don’t know the number. How profitable could that auto warranty scam be? Part of me just wants to follow thru, call the number and go all Stephen A on him screaming like a maniac. 😡

I bought a auto warranty from such a company once.  The lure was that if you had no warranty issues you got back 90% of your premiums.  At end of 6th year I got a notice that company went bankrupt.  The next year I got letter from "new company" offering to sell me warranty.  Further research showed it was a shell game with warranty companies frequently going bankrupt and new company uses same sales pitch.  Company owners rotated as well with own from two bankruptcies before buying current company.

Oh and Chris Berman is salesman for this warranty ad I see almost every day.

It really reduced my respect for him.  Based on number of spokespeople large portion of budget is advertising.

28 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I bought a auto warranty from such a company once.  The lure was that if you had no warranty issues you got back 90% of your premiums.  At end of 6th year I got a notice that company went bankrupt.  The next year I got letter from "new company" offering to sell me warranty.  Further research showed it was a shell game with warranty companies frequently going bankrupt and new company uses same sales pitch.  Company owners rotated as well with own from two bankruptcies before buying current company.

Oh and Chris Berman is salesman for this warranty ad I see almost every day.

It really reduced my respect for him.  Based on number of spokespeople large portion of budget is advertising.

The warranty game is a racket. I knew better, but when we bought the house we are currently in I accepted a home warranty while knowing one of the HVAC units was on it’s last legs. I’m MAD because I knew better! I’m not mad at the realtor (maybe disappointed), but I’m mad at ME!

It died a couple months after purchase of the house. The warranty had a $200 deductible. They would come and pump it with Freon every week for $200, but without spending the cost of a replacement on attorneys, we were never getting a new unit. Scam city. 

Chris Berman is an entertaining Bills fan. If you saw some of the stuff @Kirby Jackson posted a while back, you’d know him as a wild potty mouth who took many liberties. I don’t hate him for it, but I’m not shocked he took the money. 

BTW - Who doesn’t miss @Kirby Jackson

Hope all is well there for him. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/6/2021 at 6:53 PM, Augie said:

Its gotten worse because easily fooled people just got a tax return.  That said, I bought two.