If Devin White is there at 9 and we pick him, do we go 3-4 defense?

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

People are ripping this suggestion like Bill belichek isn’t notorious from switching his defense from 3-4 to 4-3 and back. 

That’s why I said there might be tweaks, but there’s no way I see him changing his base defense for one player. Might he do it over time as the game evolves? Sure, you have to keep up and be innovative. But not changing the base for one guy, as I see it. 

2 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

So the logic here is to take the second best defense in the NFL and change it to something completely different based on a rookie??

While I would argue that the Bills were not close to the second best defense in the NFL last year ( yardage based rankings notwithstanding) the idea that McD would completely change his 4-3 defense to suit one drafted player is preposterous indeed. 

Lets pool all our resources in the defence all last season and go top 5 overall in the league just to blow it all up for.......a player??  Rex Ryan dejavu anyone??  Took Schwartz's excellent D and blew it up to his garbage hybrid confusing players dont know where to line up defence....uh no

Edited by JPP

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm thinking we take White in the first and make Milano an OUTSIDE outside linebacker. I could easily see McDermott abandoning his entire defensive philosophy and switching to a 2-5 scheme.

we have played a 2-5 the last two years more than some might think.

Edited by Foxx

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

we have played a 2-5 the last two years more than some might think.

I was obviously being facetious, but you're gonna have to explain that one. I don't recall a 5 linebacker formation. I recall nickel/dime etc., but not 5 LB's.

The idea/reasoning behind this made me laugh...

With that said, I would love to pick another stud LB this year or next year. Not necessarily another 1st round LB, but a Lorenzo Alexander replacement.

White - Edmunds - Milano would look pretty damn awesome for the next 10 years...but we have bigger immediate needs than a LB.

McDermott has his Kuechly in Edmunds, his Davis in Milano (I use both comparisons very loosely)...now he needs his Shaq Thompson at some point, probably after this season.

Bills need a LB.  Lorax is most likely gone after this year.  White has potential to be elite.  I don't see why he or Edmunds couldn't play OLB.  They are both versatile, freakish athletes.  I believe Frazier and McDermont could find some interesting defensive configurations with this LB corp with White added to mix.  Going 3-4 would not be one of them.  I am hoping, kind of, that he will be gone before pick 9, but if he were to be there, I would love the pick.  Bills definitely need another quality LB.  That unit suffered when Milano went down.  

4 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

So the logic here is to take the second best defense in the NFL and change it to something completely different based on a rookie??

we did it once before...is this thing on ?..(taps mic)

hell no

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We just don’t need any linebackers. There’s probably a good QB out there too. You just don’t build a team that way.

I think we definitely need a lb or 2. Milano's coming off of injury, Lorax has 1 year left and who are the backups? 

If White is available, the Bills draft him. Edmunds goes outside. Edmunds showed very good ability rushing the passer last year. This is a no brainer.

On another note - how many moronic low class replies does one have to read regarding going to 3-4 defense. OK, not a good idea. But then, Half the big time posters have to prove how smart they are with halfa$$ cynical responses. Classless.

Just woke up to a amazing dream lol. The Bills took Ed Oliver, Devin White and T.J Hockenson. A couple trade ups ups. Don't remember what picks. They went to live view to people in Buffalo in my dream. People were going crazy lol than I woke up.  My dreams are such a tease lol.

My dreams are such a tease like I won a trillion dollars at the bar. When about to sign it woke up after that lol.