Hypothetical Mock, Who would u select @ #9

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Just in general, I'd bet there's at least a reasonable chance the Bills could take a defensive back in rounds 2 or 3. If so, expect an epic meltdown on this forum and Twitter and such.

Considering we're setup to go BPA at #9, there's a decent chance we get one there. If that happens, get your popcorn ready.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Considering we're setup to go BPA at #9, there's a decent chance we get one there. If that happens, get your popcorn ready.

Their mock is kind of a mess, but PFF has been mocking Byron Murphy to he Bills at 9 for awhile because of the fit. He's got McDermott corner written all over him. I honestly would not mind it in a trade down, 9 seems a bit rich. But this dude can ball. 

22 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

1. ARZ- QB  Murray 

2. 49ers- DE Bosa 

3. Jets- DE Allen 

4. OAK - Q WILLIAMS 

5. Bucs- DT Ed Oliver 

6. Giants - DE Gary 

7. Jags- OT Taylor 

8. Det-  DE Sweat 

9. Bills ?

The top 6 Dlineman are off the board in this scenario .  Who will the Bills select . Here's some options .

Wr- DK Metcalf 

TE- TJ Hock

OT - Jonah Williams

DE- Brian Burns

DT- Christian Wilkins 

LB- Devin White 

CB- Byron Murphy 

I will take Hock myself but I believe the Bills would lean towards Burns.

I know probably 80% would say trade back but let's just say there's no trade available. If I left out any other candidates please give me your opinions and why.  

Got to go with Metcalf. Kid is a freak and based on last years draft Beane likes him some super athletes.

Ik some are freaking about combine stats but i was a big fan of his before i knew about his workouts. You could see he was a star in the making at Ole Miss.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Got to go with Metcalf. Kid is a freak and based on last years draft Beane likes him some super athletes.

Ik some are freaking about combine stats but i was a big fan of his before i knew about his workouts. You could see he was a star in the making at Ole Miss.

Definitely have to do our homework on Metcalf he's super talented.

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta go with the weakest position on the team and the kid who could have the greatest impact.

The TE from Iowa TJ Hockenson who can both catch and block. When was the last time the Buffalo Bills had a player like this...like never?

• Like (+1) 1

I think Burns is to "Maybinish" for my liking... too small right now... I'm going with DT Christian Wilkins at #9 to give Bills some inside pass rush, its whats needed to beat Brady... Then I go #40 - WR N.K. Harry, move back into 2nd round and take DE Jaylon Furguson...

but if Burns can add 30#'s of muscle then go Burns at #9, WR N.K. Harry at #40 and then maybe DT Khalen Saunders in the 3rd and TE Kahale Warring in the 4th with RB Rodney Anderson also

Edited by Tsaikotic

1 hour ago, Tsaikotic said:

I think Burns is to "Maybinish" for my liking... too small right now... I'm going with DT Christian Wilkins at #9 to give Bills some inside pass rush, its whats needed to beat Brady... Then I go #40 - WR N.K. Harry, move back into 2nd round and take DE Jaylon Furguson...

but if Burns can add 30#'s of muscle then go Burns at #9, WR N.K. Harry at #40 and then maybe DT Khalen Saunders in the 3rd and TE Kahale Warring in the 4th with RB Rodney Anderson also

What if we were to use Burns to replace LorAx at OLB as the 5th guy on the line, and not a DE?

13 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Gotta go with the weakest position on the team and the kid who could have the greatest impact.

The TE from Iowa TJ Hockenson who can both catch and block. When was the last time the Buffalo Bills had a player like this...like never?

Damn! That's impressive as hell. You hear a TE is a good blocker and you're like ,yeah cool, but you dont expect that.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Damn! That's impressive as hell. You hear a TE is a good blocker and you're like ,yeah cool, but you dont expect that.

I thought so too. Now for the catch highlights!

The kid dropped one pass in 51 targets...

Potential generational talent!

Edited by Nihilarian
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Irv Smith is not so bad either!!

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

I thought so too. Now for the catch highlights!

The kid dropped one pass in 51 targets...

Potential generational talent!

Wow that that was crazy! Just imagine a Bills TE that can make TOUGH catches, i must be hallucinating.

I saw the bible verse at the end, not sure if thats Hockenson feeling or the poster but if he is McDermott is going to love that.

Guess he could be generational. I will puke if he goes to the Pats.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Woof. Tough one. 

I continue to fight the Hock desire. 

Too high for a TE. 

BUT I KEEP coming back to him. 

He like adding both an OL and TE - he should improve our entire offence if he can make the leap. Mad blocker and solid hands who can high point the ball. 

What more do you want?

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:11 AM, ALF said:

I'll go with Jawaan Taylor RT who could sit and learn behind Nsekhe his 1st year.

Got news for ya.. If we got Jawaan Taylor, he would likely start LT and push Dawkins to LG.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/04/07/2019-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-giants-trades-drew-lock-chiefs-safety/

Jawaan Taylor
Offensive Tackle Florida
Buffalo Bills

9. Buffalo Bills

The Bills had a solid defense in 2018, and while they could look to add more firepower to that side of the football, I think it is likely that they add the best offensive tackle in the draft class, Jawaan Taylor. The addition of Taylor may force Dion Dawkins inside to guard, but it would set Buffalo’s offensive line up for success for years to come.