Hypothetical Mock, Who would u select @ #9

Living in Tallahassee, I've seen quite a bit of Burns. I like him, but I think White is a much better prospect at the NFL level. If we picked 15th, I would take him. Now if Beane and Mcd. like him enough, you don't trade down 6 spot and hope he's there. Not for 6 spots. Take him.

2 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

If the Bills stick with the BPA mantra that has been their company line, then it's Devin White.   And if he is there @ 9 he is who I would take.  In that scenario move Edmunds outside.

BAA maybe, but not BPA.

I understand the hype over the 40 time, but watch him against Georgia and he wasn't the best player on the field, much less the BPA at no. 9 in the draft. 

Lots of missed tackles, bad angles, whiffs on tackles and failure to make the plays that a LB with a 4.4 40 should be making. Yeah, he jumped on the pile a few times down the field, he got in the backfield on a blitz when he had a wide open lane, but more often, OL were overwhelming him Qb's and RB's were dodging him, etc. With his speed, he's really the type of guy you expect to be an "all over the field" player..who flies noticeably to the ball and drops the guy when he gets there. 

Maybe others are right, that McD can work some magic, but he's got a long way to go. 

If you're looking for a short but athletic LB who really is all over the field, I'd just as soon wait a few rounds and take Burr Kirven out of Washington.

53 minutes ago, CookieG said:

BAA maybe, but not BPA.

I understand the hype over the 40 time, but watch him against Georgia and he wasn't the best player on the field, much less the BPA at no. 9 in the draft. 

Lots of missed tackles, bad angles, whiffs on tackles and failure to make the plays that a LB with a 4.4 40 should be making. Yeah, he jumped on the pile a few times down the field, he got in the backfield on a blitz when he had a wide open lane, but more often, OL were overwhelming him Qb's and RB's were dodging him, etc. With his speed, he's really the type of guy you expect to be an "all over the field" player..who flies noticeably to the ball and drops the guy when he gets there. 

Maybe others are right, that McD can work some magic, but he's got a long way to go. 

If you're looking for a short but athletic LB who really is all over the field, I'd just as soon wait a few rounds and take Burr Kirven out of Washington.

Not saying you're wrong but you're talking about 1 game against a legit National Championship contender. Not sure many of the guys we're talking about in the top-10 wouldve looked good against UGA, outside of the Bama or Clemson players, and they even gave Bama a run for their money. Not sure a tape of Kirven against UGA would look good either. Jus sayin.

I think they should move up in the draft to get the other Josh Allen. He can be just as versatile as Zo, and played a lot of coverage in 2018. The bills give up this year's 1st, and third. And a second and 4th in 2020. Imagine what that linebacker group would look like. McDermott had a couple of linebackers like that in Carolina. It's one of the reasons they made it to the superbowl. They traded up last year so why couldn't we do it again. Besides with the salary cap going up quite a bit in 2020, and Beane's wise spending this off season. They could easily fill in any more holes in next year's free agent period. On offense you've got rb Melvin Gordon, we Micheal Thomas, OL sherff and thuney both of which would be in there prime. DE Yannick Ngakoue and Vic Beasley, DT Michael Brockers and Leonard Williams, CB Xavien Howard. With good options at safety. 

27 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not saying you're wrong but you're talking about 1 game against a legit National Championship contender. Not sure many of the guys we're talking about in the top-10 wouldve looked good against UGA, outside of the Bama or Clemson players, and they even gave Bama a run for their money. Not sure a tape of Kirven against UGA would look good either. Jus sayin.

Maybe he did better against Alabama...

Or Maybe not.

He's going to be facing SEC quality OL and RB's every week on Sunday's.  Well, better quality. As far as the comparison with Burr Kirvern, the big difference is that I'd be talking about taking him in rounds 5-7. Not at number 9.

People keep talking about making sure you get this sure fire difference maker at 9. Well, after watching the games against Georgia, Bama, Auburn and Ole Miss, he's neither sure fire, nor a difference maker. Maybe he was better against teams like Louisiana Tech, idk. 

1 hour ago, CookieG said:

BAA maybe, but not BPA.

Not his best game.  He definitely struggled taking on blocks on the runs up the middle.   He did  play his assignments and overall LSU held down a very talented UGA team.  He was fast and aggressive to the ball on blitzes and outside runs even with some missed tackles, White disrupted plays.  Also good in coverage.   

Based on picks of Allen and Edmunds last year,  The current Bills front office seems to value high end athletic talent in 1st round.   Edmunds had trouble with reads last year and lacks some instincts as an ILB, but he improved though his rookie year.   White has incredible athleticism and runs hard to the ball.  Personally, I think he will be gone before 9.  If the board falls the way the OP has it, White should be in strong consideration.   Who would be your pick at 9?

By the way, the video you posted featuring every play with White highlighted was pretty cool. 

10 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i heard that and commented on it.  that is absolute b.s. and i will be the first to implode....for a couple of reasons...

1. we have the best backfield we've had since the 90's

2. give any qb time, they'll find an open guy. how many times do we see a qb have time to tie his shoes or send a text then complete a pass?

i don't care how good the corners are. if there's no pressure, sooner or later the wrs break open.

I see that point, but he was also pointing out a pass rush is less effective than good coverage when a QB is getting the ball out on time in 2 seconds. And with zone coverage, DBs aren’t trying to run with receivers, as long as they maintain positions, they can cover better and longer than in man situations. 

Im not saying don’t draft a pass rusher over a CB, I’m saying select the best CB over the 7th best D-lineman because it may be that’ll be your BPA. 

15 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

1. ARZ- QB  Murray 

2. 49ers- DE Bosa 

3. Jets- DE Allen 

4. OAK - Q WILLIAMS 

5. Bucs- DT Ed Oliver 

6. Giants - DE Gary 

7. Jags- OT Taylor 

8. Det-  DE Sweat 

9. Bills ?

The top 6 Dlineman are off the board in this scenario .  Who will the Bills select . Here's some options .

Wr- DK Metcalf 

TE- TJ Hock

OT - Jonah Williams

DE- Brian Burns

DT- Christian Wilkins 

LB- Devin White 

CB- Byron Murphy 

I will take Hock myself but I believe the Bills would lean towards Burns.

I know probably 80% would say trade back but let's just say there's no trade available. If I left out any other candidates please give me your opinions and why.  

Trade Back. Someone in this scenario is coming up for Haskins. 

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If Byron Murphy is still hanging around in the 20s I could see a trade up. He might be the best defensive scheme fit for McDermott in the entire draft. People would probably be upset, but Murphy can play. 

Just in general, I'd bet there's at least a reasonable chance the Bills could take a defensive back in rounds 2 or 3. If so, expect an epic meltdown on this forum and Twitter and such.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

1. ARZ- QB  Murray 

2. 49ers- DE Bosa 

3. Jets- DE Allen 

4. OAK - Q WILLIAMS 

5. Bucs- DT Ed Oliver 

6. Giants - DE Gary 

7. Jags- OT Taylor 

8. Det-  DE Sweat 

9. Bills ?

The top 6 Dlineman are off the board in this scenario .  Who will the Bills select . Here's some options .

Wr- DK Metcalf 

TE- TJ Hock

OT - Jonah Williams

DE- Brian Burns

DT- Christian Wilkins 

LB- Devin White 

CB- Byron Murphy 

I will take Hock myself but I believe the Bills would lean towards Burns.

I know probably 80% would say trade back but let's just say there's no trade available. If I left out any other candidates please give me your opinions and why.  

Devin White and it's not even close, He's the 4th best player in this Draft class imo.