Hypothetical Mock, Who would u select @ #9

33 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

This scenario is probably the worst possible scenario for the Bills. Only one QB taken ahead of them with the best prospects all taken and no trading partners. 

I would take Hock in this case, but agree with Aussie Joe that finding a trade partner in this case looks good with several teams about to pick needing QB’s. 

This is why I did the mock this way.  Let's get some convo on other prospects. I also feel this could be a scenario for the Bills during the draft. I got a feeling the QB'S will fall other then Murray. But like some other poster said there's a great chance some team will want to trade up for Devin White.  Maybe it's the Pack at 12 we swap then get a 3rd & 5th.

3 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Hock

Jonah 

Burns

In that order of who you take if the draft falls this way 

I hear you. I mean I know we signed a bunch of guys on offense, but doesn’t Jonah still make your team better?

Doesn’t Hock or Fant make your team better?

Doesn’t Burns?

If you grab Williams you are almost done with the line for years to come, depending on Spain’s future.

However, what if you draft a guy like Burns who might give you 6-8 sacks (hopefully) out of the gate?

Hock or Fant and Kroft...yeah, I may be done at TE too for awhile.

Again, love your options...let’s go with Hock and trust the system on D for now.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I’m going Brian Burns....  This guy came in at 250 at the combine. As he ages at 6’5” he might be able to hit 260.

Ran in the 4.5s, hes athletic,  coordinated, has a decent spin move which is huge as a speed rusher.

Heres the kicker, he can play DE and Lorax position which makes him even more valuable. I think he could be the potential pick regardless.

38 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I’m going Brian Burns....  This guy came in at 250 at the combine. As he ages at 6’5” he might be able to hit 260.

Ran in the 4.5s, hes athletic,  coordinated, has a decent spin move which is huge as a speed rusher.

Heres the kicker, he can play DE and Lorax position which makes him even more valuable. I think he could be the potential pick regardless.

And with Lorax still here, Burns gets to see how it's done.  I like that thinking.  Joe Marino, of the Locked On Bills Podcast and The Draft Network,  thinks Burns is the best pass rusher in the draft, so there's that.  He seems small to me, but so is Hughes.

2 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

According to draft sites the BPA pick should be Devin White.

I would draft Wilkins or Burns.

I can see Beane trying to trade back in this scenario.

This is probably the worst case scenario for a pick at 9 but the best case for a trade back as only one QB is off the board.  Denver might make the trade just  to prevent them from losing their QB choice and still get the same pick we would have had at 9.  Maybe convert a 5th to a 3rd for the trouble.

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

They’ll take the CB and I’ll sit back and watch the board implode. 

Actually, I heard a compelling argument for Murphy by a PFF guy on One Bills Live the other day. He cited some of their analytics that said CBs can be bigger difference-makers than pass rushers. Something along the lines of “you can still complete a pass under great pressure, but it’s harder to complete a pass under great coverage”.  He also cited the Bills’ defensive strategy of playing mostly zone and Murphy is the best zone cover CB that they rated. 

It sounded crazy at first but he made a good argument.  If the top 6 D-linemen are gone by #9, you take the best player available at another position, because chances are they will be rated higher than DL #7. 

I watched that too.  I wouldn't be too upset with it honestly.  But my thing is you better take Ferguson at 40 because you have to get to the QB at some point.  Guys can't cover all day.

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

White

Here is the thing with White that people fail to realize.  If he is versatile, then he could potentially be the pick.  People forget, Luke Kuechly actually started off in Carolina at Outside Linebacker.  Jon Beason was playing in the Middle.  Luke did not move to the middle until Beason got hurt and the rest is history.  So I wouldn't rule out White at 9.

• Like (+1) 1