2. 49ers- DE Bosa 

3. Jets- DE Allen 

4. OAK - Q WILLIAMS 

5. Bucs- DT Ed Oliver 

6. Giants - DE Gary 

7. Jags- OT Taylor 

8. Det-  DE Sweat 

9. Bills ?

The top 6 Dlineman are off the board in this scenario .  Who will the Bills select . Here's some options .

Wr- DK Metcalf 

TE- TJ Hock

OT - Jonah Williams

DE- Brian Burns

DT- Christian Wilkins 

LB- Devin White 

CB- Byron Murphy 

I will take Hock myself but I believe the Bills would lean towards Burns.

I know probably 80% would say trade back but let's just say there's no trade available. If I left out any other candidates please give me your opinions and why.  

1 minute ago, BillsFan1988 said:

There's no option for trade bk that's the easy answer . Who do u take?

There will be because only one QB is off the board and a couple of teams will be clamouring to get in front of Denver..

• Like (+1) 2

I believe the 2 players with the highest floor and ceiling is White & TJ

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

There will be because only one QB is off the board and a couple of teams will be clamouring to get in front of Denver..

Let's just say for sake of this topic that McBeane phone is not ringing in this scenario and we have to make our selection here. 

They’ll take the CB and I’ll sit back and watch the board implode. 

Actually, I heard a compelling argument for Murphy by a PFF guy on One Bills Live the other day. He cited some of their analytics that said CBs can be bigger difference-makers than pass rushers. Something along the lines of “you can still complete a pass under great pressure, but it’s harder to complete a pass under great coverage”.  He also cited the Bills’ defensive strategy of playing mostly zone and Murphy is the best zone cover CB that they rated. 

It sounded crazy at first but he made a good argument.  If the top 6 D-linemen are gone by #9, you take the best player available at another position, because chances are they will be rated higher than DL #7. 

• Like (+1) 1

This scenario is probably the worst possible scenario for the Bills. Only one QB taken ahead of them with the best prospects all taken and no trading partners. 

I would take Hock in this case, but agree with Aussie Joe that finding a trade partner in this case looks good with several teams about to pick needing QB’s. 

49 minutes ago, ALF said:

I'll go with Jawaan Taylor RT who could sit and learn behind Nsekhe his 1st year.

taylor's off the board at 7.  if things fell this way, there are a few teams who would happily move up for white.  if i'm mcbeane, i'm trading with carolina for no.9 and a 4th for no.16, a 2nd and 3rd.  they would jump at replacing thomas davis. however on topic.....

hard to pass on j. williams, but i think the bills would rather have dillard and could surprise taking him at 9. as far as me, i guess i'd go with clelin ferrell de. i do this figuring i can get a 3tech the next day.

( as far as burns goes, he will spend most of his effort putting on and keeping on weight. reminds me of a dion jordan.)

18 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

They’ll take the CB and I’ll sit back and watch the board implode. 

Actually, I heard a compelling argument for Murphy by a PFF guy on One Bills Live the other day. He cited some of their analytics that said CBs can be bigger difference-makers than pass rushers. Something along the lines of “you can still complete a pass under great pressure, but it’s harder to complete a pass under great coverage”.  He also cited the Bills’ defensive strategy of playing mostly zone and Murphy is the best zone cover CB that they rated. 

It sounded crazy at first but he made a good argument.  If the top 6 D-linemen are gone by #9, you take the best player available at another position, because chances are they will be rated higher than DL #7. 

i heard that and commented on it.  that is absolute b.s. and i will be the first to implode....for a couple of reasons...

1. we have the best backfield we've had since the 90's

2. give any qb time, they'll find an open guy. how many times do we see a qb have time to tie his shoes or send a text then complete a pass?

i don't care how good the corners are. if there's no pressure, sooner or later the wrs break open.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 2