If you had Metcalf/Fant/Hockenson/Jacobs vs the field as our 1st pick, which would you pick?

Fant/Hockenson/Jacobs or the field?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to put money on it, would you think our 1st selection will be Metcalf/Fant/Hockenson/Jacobs or the field?

• The field
    • MetcalfFant/Hockenson/Jacobs

EDIT: I added DK Metcalf to the poll in part because of another poster in this thread, but largely because I don't watch college football and have been catching up on him and didn't realize how much of an absolute FREAK he is, and if he's there at 9 I don't know if McBeane would pass on a Julio Jones / AJ Green / Megatron type WR simply because they feel we have 4 good WRs on the roster already.

More weapons on offense, the better... primary point here...

note: It was 13.22% without Metcalf in there.

This draft just seems to be setting things up so that it's obvious we'll be picking a tight end in the first or, at the latest, second round. Maybe less talked about is our pretty obvious need at running back weather aging backfield, probably in need of wheelchairs.

Teams carry 3 running backs. We have 2 capable RBs (but for how long?) and then a buncha JAGs.

I get the BPA thing, but there are also different measures out there that have Jacobs, Hockenson and even Fant as top 10 talents in this draft. And for the "you don't take RBs in the top 10 or TEs in the 1st crowd", maybe Beane wants to trade back and get one of those guys, though I think they're still in play at 9.

I don't really care what position we draft. I trust Beane. But we've pretty close to covered our OL in FA. No more desperate need. With the 2 Phillips monsters and Star our DL has at least 3 guys who Beane personally chose. Edge rusher is obviously a need, but I don't think it's a desperate one with Hughes and Lorax in there... and I think there's some faith in Lawson, too.

We are devoid of clearly starting talent at TE. Maybe the guys we have can be successful, but it's certainly not clear they can be. That's why I really think we're drafting a TE in the 1st, through whatever means that happens.

But our backfield, to me, is the elephant in the room that Beane really hasn't addressed, yet. We're clearly going to draft one. I just won't be shocked if it's in the 1st.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

It seems like it is one vs the field as TJ is the only one with a shot at 9.

If all the DL studs are off the board, would not be disappointed with the best TE.

Remember it's just our 1st pick...

could be trade down...

could be trade UP...

and I think some are really underestimating our need at RB and the increasing value of the RB over the last few years.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

As much as I like Hock and Jacobs. I’m still taking the field. 

Despite the glaring need and the fact that both guys often fall into our "sweet spot" in terms of prospect rankings?

39 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I want Hock but I would bet the field. 

Hock/Fant/Jacobs/Metcalf would be a little tougher bet but I would still take the field. 

I think WR is another position McBeane are going to view as largely filled, though Metcalf wouldn't upset me, either.

A RB elephant in the form of a HOFer walked into the room already. The team is better at RB today than when they left the field after the 2nd Dolphin game. Bills have virtually never given a ratsazz about TE. Heck, they played Kyle Williams there last season (ba dum bum). The DEs OP mentions are on their last contract year. That’s where we go. aka The Field.

Field, certainly, unless the odds got up to 3:1 or 4:1 or so.

EDIT: umm, make that 6:1.

My guesses:

DT 2.5 :1

Edge: 3:1

OL: 4:1

WR: 5:1

TE: 6:1

LB: 15:1

CB: 20:1

RB:  40:1

S: 75:1

QB: 100:1

And those are reliable, because I took about 4 minutes to think my opinion through.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Haha (+1) 1