Theory on Brady’s retirement

This is way more shoutbox material, but I’d love to get it in writing. Why would Brady immediately announce his retirement after the Suoer Bowl and make it harder for the Pats to trade down and go after a future QB. I’m saying we witnessed Brady’s last season, and he will announce his retirement after the draft. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

And this is based upon what, exactly???

Hear me out. I was just in the gym. And I was in between sets and my brain was like let’s think about the Patriots for a second. And he made a lot of good points and we put two and two together and came up with this bulletproof theory. Also Brady’s 43. 

Edited by quinnearlysghost88
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

he did post something on twitter as "a joke", however what if that was his way of testing the water a bit?

if the Pats trade for Rosen, consider his retirement announcement a done deal!

Edited by rayray808

I'd love to see Brady retire, but all his other public statements stating how he intends to play til he's 50, leads me to think otherwise.

Brady will retire when his play significantly shows signs of deterioration & he's just not there yet.

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

Oh oh. A "hear me out" plea.  Makes sense now. 

I figured that would clear it up. Some people don’t understand what theory means. When have the patriots telegraphed any of their moves? They’re not going to ruin their draft by paying a premium to move up because everyone knows they need a QB. 

10 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Hear me out. I was just in the gym. And I was in between sets and my brain was like let’s think about the Patriots for a second. And he made a lot of good points and we put two and two together and came up with this bulletproof theory. Also Brady’s 43. 

You like to get high don’t you 

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I figured that would clear it up. Some people don’t understand what theory means. When have the patriots telegraphed any of their moves? They’re not going to ruin their draft by paying a premium to move up because everyone knows they need a QB. 

My bet is they make draft day deal for Rosen.  Late 3rd rd pick.  They have a few comp picks 

22 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

This is way more shoutbox material, but I’d love to get it in writing. Why would Brady immediately announce his retirement after the Suoer Bowl and make it harder for the Pats to trade down and go after a future QB. I’m saying we witnessed Brady’s last season, and he will announce his retirement after the draft. 

So you're saying that he's going to retire he just hasn't yet to make it easier for the Pats to either trade for Rosen or trade up in the draft to get someone?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You like to get high don’t you 

It does have that Friday Happy Hour feel to it. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

So you're saying that he's going to retire he just hasn't yet to make it easier for the Pats to either trade for Rosen or trade up in the draft to get someone?

Or....to screw BB???

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I was just in the gym. And I was in between sets and my brain was like let’s think about the Patriots for a second.

IF this was the case you are lifting wrong. Try lifting something slightly heavier :).

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Correct. I was leaning more toward moving up in the draft than Rosen. 

That doesn't really make much sense I mean just because they have Brady doesn't mean they wouldn't be looking for the next QB. I mean sure he talks like he's going to play till he's 45 but people have to realistically see him as being in the last years of his career, maybe he's somehow the exception but a FO would have to be crazy to expect that. No way any team that deals with the Patriots trying to move way up in the draft doesn't think they're looking for a QB.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

That doesn't really make much sense I mean just because they have Brady doesn't mean they wouldn't be looking for the next QB. I mean sure he talks like he's going to play till he's 45 but people have to realistically see him as being in the last years of his career, maybe he's somehow the exception but a FO would have to be crazy to expect that. No way any team that deals with the Patriots trying to move way up in the draft doesn't think they're looking for a QB.

Would you agree that when he retires he will do it after the draft to help the patriots?