The fate of Ray-Ray McCloud?

6th round pick - 187th overall last year.

As of now, this is how our depth chart looks:

LWR 00 Brown, John U/Bal 16 Foster, Robert CF18 19 McKenzie, Isaiah W/Den 13 Bolden Jr., Victor P/SF 87 Phillips, Cam CF18
RWR 11 Jones, Zay 17/2 14 McCloud, Ray-Ray 18/6 15 Scott, Da'Mari CF18 00 Williams, Duke SF19    
SWR 00 Beasley, Cole U/Dal 00 ROBERTS, ANDRE U/NYJ

With the draft coming up, and rumors of a true WR1 being drafted, do you guys think he remains with the team or is cut at some point? Does he have any trade value? If he makes the roster, will he actually see the field?

Edited by rayray808

I would imagine they may give him a year on Practice Squad if he can't make the team.  It will be tough, but if he's going to be an NFL player he has to rise to the challenge of competition.  I don't want to outright dismiss anyone.... we all saw how Robert Foster responded to his wake-up call last year

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 4

Odds are practice squad at best and even that is no guarantee, besides picking up another receiver high in the draft they're bound to pick up some more in a combination of late rounds or undrafted to fill out the room for training camp. No guarantee he doesn't get beat out for a practice squad spot by one of them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

6th round pick - 187th overall last year.

As of now, this is how our depth chart looks:

LWR 00 Brown, John U/Bal 16 Foster, Robert CF18 19 McKenzie, Isaiah W/Den 13 Bolden Jr., Victor P/SF 87 Phillips, Cam CF18
RWR 11 Jones, Zay 17/2 14 McCloud, Ray-Ray 18/6 15 Scott, Da'Mari CF18 00 Williams, Duke SF19    
SWR 00 Beasley, Cole U/Dal 00 ROBERTS, ANDRE U/NYJ

With the draft coming up, and rumors of a true WR1 being drafted, do you guys think he remains with the team or is cut at some point? Does he have any trade value? If he makes the roster, will he actually see the field?

kinda hard to make sense of your chart....so   i'm lining them up like this....brown    beasley   jones/duke   foster.   outlier roberts and rookie.  that may not seem like much to most , but that is one badass wr lineup for josh especially compared to last year.  i'm thinking draftwise...deebo samual to push jones and isabella to groom behind the bease. lookin good!

edit...if they draft 2, how many do they keep on the roster?

Edited by billsredneck1

4 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

curious if we let him go, could he start somewhere else?

he had offers to Alabama and chose Clemson instead, so it's not like he just had a small time college career

if talking about rayray.....so....mckenzie is better, but may be odd man out. rayray to p.s?

Edited by billsredneck1

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

if talking about rayray.....so....mckenzie is better, but may be odd man out. rayray to p.s?

probably, but I am curious if other teams would make a trade for him and actually give him playing time?

• Haha (+1) 1