An offseason rant on "Why are we talking about this?" comments

I was reading a comment saying that, guessing what will happen during the season now is way too early and it's like playing darts...

This started me on a rant. This really shouldn't be directed to one person though. There are tons of you out there. You know who you are. So you have no thoughts on the matter and don't wish to discuss it... All you gotta say.

This board is built on thoughts and opinions and maybe 10% research. The, everyone has one, just like an A-holes, type of statements are useless. Why say we shouldn't be writing about this or that? Discuss, its the offseason. What do you think of the new guys? I'd like to know. Do you think they would mingle well as a group or have you seen they are the type that are good locker guys which would translate quickly to work well with the other members? Do you think historically, from what you can tell, adding too many pieces on the Oline or WRs needs a year to translate on the field. What do you think about the coaches and how they are doing? Any number of things... but give your opinion without saying people shouldn't have one.

You don't like to play darts? Who doesn't like to play darts?

Edited by DieHardBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Jesus, you really had to start a new topic for this? What about the other three thousand f******* threads already discussing this?

Robb, please buddy.  It is not a thread discussing the season, but just a thread on saying it is not OK to tell people it is too early to start a discussion about the season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Robb, please buddy.  It is not a thread discussing the season, but just a thread on saying it is not OK to tell people it is too early to start a discussion about the season.

I'm lost now. How did we do in the draft?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

I was reading a comment saying that guessing what will happen during the season now is way too early and it's like playing darts...

This started me on a rant. This really shouldn't be directed to one person though. There are tons of you out there. You know who you are. So you have no thoughts on the matter and don't wish to discuss it... All you gotta say.

This board is built on thoughts and opinions and maybe 10% research. The, everyone has one, just like an A-holes, type of statements are useless. Why say we shouldn't be writing about this or that? Discuss, its the offseason. What do you think of the new guys? I'd like to know. Do you think they would mingle well as a group or have you seen they are the type that are good locker guys which would translate quickly to work well with the other members? Do you think historically from what you can tell adding too many pieces on the Oline or WRs needs a year to translate on the field. What do you think about the coaches and how they are doing? Any number of things... but give your opinion without saying people shouldn't have one.

You don't like to play darts? Who doesn't like to play darts?

Love to play darts

Is it "its too early to talk about this" or is it "we dont know enough information on who we will draft until we see how free agency shakes out"

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Jesus, you really had to start a new topic for this? What about the other three thousand f******* threads already discussing this?

He was basically saying there are folks here that mostly seem to live to piss on everyone's Cheerios.

Not sure if it needs to be said, as we hold these truths to be self evident and all that...

I don't take it too seriously, I get a good laugh from how creatively this board can punish a careless post.... as long as those who dish it can take it too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

He was basically saying there are folks here that mostly seem to live to piss on everyone's Cheerios.

Not sure if it needs to be said, as we hold these truths to be self evident and all that...

I don't take it too seriously, I get a good laugh from how creatively this board can punish a careless post.... as long as those who dish it can take it too.

I was going to replay and say "yeah, I was joooooooooking" but then I thought maybe you were testing me to see if I would take your post too seriously, so I  gave you a thumbs up instead.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I was going to replay and say "yeah, I was joooooooooking" but then I thought maybe you were testing me to see if I would take your post too seriously, so I  gave you a thumbs up instead.

I did the same with your comment.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jack — relax.
Get busy with the facts.
No zodiacs or almanacs,
No maniacs in polyester slacks.
Just the facts.
Gonna kick some gluteus max.
It’s a parallax — you dig?
You move around
The small gets big. It’s a rig
It’s action — reaction —
Random interaction.
So who’s afraid
Of a little abstraction?
Can’t get no satisfaction
From the facts?
You better run, homeboy —
A fact’s a fact
From Nome to Rome, boy.

Just now, DieHardBillsFan said:

Honestly, I expected this to be the very first comment.

I was quite suprised that no one else had. It was just a joke though, I understand why you had this rant, though in a few cases, it may be justified.