What NFL executive is this?!!!

eball

Maybe it was Beane himself who was interviewed.  It works in his favor if someone is critical of it, and then he looks like the genius he is when they go to the Playoffs again.  He is building competition by signing these guys, so there won't be players starting by default.  The best players will win the job.  One thing about Beane, is that he learns from his mistakes, and won't make the same ones again.

5 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

"You are going to have Josh Allen drop back to pass, and it seems like he will need seven-step drops to give all these little guys time to get open down the field, but you don’t have the line to handle it because you are paying Ty Nsekhe $5 million a year.” "

Did that whopping $5 million stop us from signing 5 other lineman? Is our entire line going to forget how to pass block because of this contract? Whats his point. 

How about that extra 1.5 we gave Kevin Johnson on a 1 year deal. How dare Beane waste our cap like that

What is he gonna say when the Bills add Metcalf to those little guys?

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

You stated the guy is envious of how much the Bills accomplished by signing these FA's.... it's possible all of them could suck(like last year), therefore not an accomplishment. Stop counting your chickens before they hatch.... actually keep doing it, it's quite comical how wrong you always are.?

Scott,

Your consistency in balancing the "over exuberance" of posters is sometimes not appreciated.

I for one have used some of your comments to temper my sometimes childlike excitement myself.

You are my resident "Slave behind Caesars on his chariot whispering 'All Glory is Fleeting'" and I have come to count on it.

It reminds me of my father who also held this trait.

That being said, I hope that your "soothsaying" is wrong about this years upcoming OL play.

I so want to see Josh Allen develop into a great QB for the Bills and to do that he needs an OL that lets him succeed.

Cheers!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

"You are going to have Josh Allen drop back to pass, and it seems like he will need seven-step drops to give all these little guys time to get open down the field, but you don’t have the line to handle it because you are paying Ty Nsekhe $5 million a year.” "

Did that whopping $5 million stop us from signing 5 other lineman? Is our entire line going to forget how to pass block because of this contract? Whats his point. 

How about that extra 1.5 we gave Kevin Johnson on a 1 year deal. How dare Beane waste our cap like that

Maybe if you look at the signings in a vacuum they overpaid a bit here and there. With all that cap room and so much talent on rookie deals, it’s an affordable Luxury. No long term bad deals in sight 

18 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I can understand this execs thinking, we didn't improve upon our punting. Pretty much everything else except LB has been upgraded and we still have the draft to improve that.

Hence my thread emphasizing a draft emphasis on ST.

6 hours ago, eball said:

No plan?

All kidding aside...I mean, wow.  Feel free to question whether the signings are good ones, but to say there is no plan?

This sounds like the ramblings of somebody who may be a bit envious of how much the Bills were able to accomplish in FA.

Yeah.... regardless of one's fanhood, I think it is universally agreed there is a plan - get pass protectors in front of Allen, get good pass protectors as tight ends and RBs and grab a few receivers.  He accomplished his plan. Time will tell IF it was a good one. But what a moron!

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Will someone please tell Gettlemen to shut-up?!

I ALMOST posted this!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Yeah.... regardless of one's fanhood, I think it is universally agreed there is a plan - get pass protectors in front of Allen, get good pass protectors as tight ends and RBs and grab a few receivers.  He accomplished his plan. Time will tell IF it was a good one. But what a moron!

I ALMOST posted this!

Ace for a second I thought Miami, but I think they get it now.  I believe the Dolphins have finally, and accordingly, decided to just blow it up and tear it down, wipe the floor and start anew, with what they are hoping is a c good QB class in 2020.  Even though the are not going to be good I actually see the plan.

47 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ace for a second I thought Miami, but I think they get it now.  I believe the Dolphins have finally, and accordingly, decided to just blow it up and tear it down, wipe the floor and start anew, with what they are hoping is a c good QB class in 2020.  Even though the are not going to be good I actually see the plan.

THEN they grabbed Fitzy.......

1 hour ago, eball said:

Hence my thread emphasizing a draft emphasis on ST.

I mean - we added Andre Roberts, Maurice Alexander, and Senorise Perry.  Carter vs. Bojorquez should be a nice battle in camp too.

48 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

This wasn't a GM, it was Doug Whaley

Whaley's gotta feel solid now - AAF is dead/dying and he hasn't even launched yet 

If the quote came from an NFL exec, I am not surprised that he has an strong opinion.  You (usually) don't get to that position without convictions in yourself and your opinion.  Misguided or not.   Clearly this person has a wildly different view on how to build a team.  

Shrug. I hope he's wrong.

From what I see and understand of the universe and football, I like what Bean is doing.  Some of it does seem like it's adding by volume and hope to find some good or very good ones out of the mix.   Kind of like lots of draft picks.   Throw a lot against the wall to see what sticks.   I will say, this year we've signed a whole lot higher quality of players.   NFL level starters or near starters.  Hopefully a lot of them stick to the wall well.  I do wish a couple of the 1 year deals were 2 year deals, because I think we will want to hold on to some of these players, but it takes two to tango. I understand that they want to get paid.

Edited by Mark Long Beach
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

You are my resident "Slave behind Caesars on his chariot whispering 'All Glory is Fleeting'" and I have come to count on it.

It reminds me of my father who also held this trait.

Great quote. Also featured at the end of the movie Patton. :thumbsup: